Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So What Did I Miss?

I've been gone since the 21st on vacation, completely away from the internet (except email on my Blackberry)...give me the reader's digest on the goings-on around here. I feel like I've been gone for months.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

A lot. Bannings and boxings and HA, oh my!
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #3
Buccaneer
Head Coach

More howling?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Imagine a group of 13-year-old girls squealing at each other over all the drama at high school that day and you'll have the basic feel for it...
Old 08-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
Swaggs
Coordinator

Lots of Werewolfing.

The hockey crowd finally has a reason to live again.

Suicane75 received a lifetime ban.

Hell Atlantic and SkyDog are now best friends forever.

MLB trade deadline sucked.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #6
Ksyrup

What happened with Sui? What thread?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-01-2005, 10:02 PM   #7
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup

Thread is gone. I never saw it either, but heard about it. But the thread got him in the box, posting under another name got him banned I guess.

Lifetime ban is kind of harsh, we need a 1 year banning or something less then life....

And the whole SkyDog/HA things is rather scary....
Old 08-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #8
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
And the whole SkyDog/HA things is rather scary....

Yes, well, you notice that I haven't asked anything further about this particular development...
Old 08-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #9
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'd try to describe it for you, but it would pale in comparison to hall-of-fame post:
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...&postcount=177
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:14 AM   #10
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
I'd try to describe it for you, but it would pale in comparison to hall-of-fame post:

OMG I missed that gem!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:23 AM   #11
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

That is hilarious Honolulu Blue. You totally caught me up. I am glad to see you are good for something
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #12
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

You did of course know about the whole Bush impeachment and resignation thing, right?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:01 AM   #13
korme
Go Reds

I ate a big red candle
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:01 AM   #14
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
That is hilarious Honolulu Blue. You totally caught me up. I am glad to see you are good for something

If you didn't know until now that I am good for something you clearly aren't spending enough time in the hockey threads, the comic book threads, some movie threads, some Detroit Lions threads, the EHM thread (back-to-back-to-back-to-back Cups!), and all those other threads and topics in which I shine. This is jut the tip of the iceberg, baby!

H_B is where it's at.

The Underscore rules.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #15
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
I ate a big red candle

I ate fiberglass insulation.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #16
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
I ate a big red candle

the one from my......nevermind.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:25 AM   #17
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
You did of course know about the whole Bush impeachment and resignation thing, right?

That's about how I feel after a week in Hawaii. By the time I was ready to learn the day's news, it was 3am on the east coast, and all I got was the 3rd rerun of Geraldo at Large: Day 3,672 of the Holloway disappearance, or Joe Scarborough taking on the honeymoon murder story as if it as his own child that was missing.

TV-wise, I'd hate to live in Hawaii. Sunday night baseball at 2pm just don't cut it. Of course, there's little need for a TV there...
Old 08-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #18
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Suicane got banned? Well ain't that some bs...
Old 08-02-2005, 07:42 AM   #19
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Hell Atlantic and SkyDog are now best friends forever.
Which is weird, considering this thread at WhatTheFuck.com.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:42 AM   #20
Ksyrup

Hey noop. did you see this?

Seminoles pick up another QB for '06

Top national prospect visiting FSU this week

DEMOCRAT STAFF REPORT

Florida State coaches picked up their seventh oral commitment on Monday afternoon when dual-threat quarterback D'Vontrey Richardson gave them his word after touring campus.

Richardson, a 6-1 205-pounder from Lee County (Ga.), is the second quarterback to join the fold in just over four days. Texas quarterback Christian Ponder committed to the Seminoles on Friday evening. Richardson, an accomplished baseball player who hit .427 as a junior, said he hopes to take the diamond for the Seminoles, as well.

"I just wanted my dad to see FSU first," Richardson told Renegade Report.com. "I will probably take a couple more visits but I'm 90-percent sure I will sign with FSU.

The 'Noles will get two chances later this week to wow a couple of the nation's top prospects. New Jersey safety/linebacker Myron Rolle - rated the No.1 prospect nationally by Scout.com - visits Tallahassee on Thursday. Union County tailback C.J. Spiller will tour campus on Friday.

In addition to Richardson and Ponder, the Seminoles have commitments from offensive lineman Chad Roark, Evan Bellamy and Ryan McMahon as well as tight ends Caz Piurowki and Brandon Warren.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 AM   #21
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan

Hot damn, that's funny. Thanks! Much better than reading hours worth of posts.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:25 AM   #22
John Galt
Pro Starter

I figured you were out of town when there was a thread dedicated to Gwen Stefani and you didn't post about your endless love for her.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 AM   #23
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Hey noop. did you see this?

Seminoles pick up another QB for '06

Top national prospect visiting FSU this week

DEMOCRAT STAFF REPORT

Florida State coaches picked up their seventh oral commitment on Monday afternoon when dual-threat quarterback D'Vontrey Richardson gave them his word after touring campus.

Richardson, a 6-1 205-pounder from Lee County (Ga.), is the second quarterback to join the fold in just over four days. Texas quarterback Christian Ponder committed to the Seminoles on Friday evening. Richardson, an accomplished baseball player who hit .427 as a junior, said he hopes to take the diamond for the Seminoles, as well.

"I just wanted my dad to see FSU first," Richardson told Renegade Report.com. "I will probably take a couple more visits but I'm 90-percent sure I will sign with FSU.

The 'Noles will get two chances later this week to wow a couple of the nation's top prospects. New Jersey safety/linebacker Myron Rolle - rated the No.1 prospect nationally by Scout.com - visits Tallahassee on Thursday. Union County tailback C.J. Spiller will tour campus on Friday.

In addition to Richardson and Ponder, the Seminoles have commitments from offensive lineman Chad Roark, Evan Bellamy and Ryan McMahon as well as tight ends Caz Piurowki and Brandon Warren.

Yeah I saw that... I am kinda shocked we are getting so many early commits. I am not sure if he will play QB or not but if he does he has been compared to C.Ward and has alot of upside. Maybe coach Dickey will work with him.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #24
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

As far as sui and sov, well thanks for the Reader's Digest version.
I don't think I want to know how long it took to dig up all those smiley's though...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:11 AM   #25
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
As far as sui and sov, well thanks for the Reader's Digest version.
I don't think I want to know how long it took to dig up all those smiley's though...

/tk

It was painfully easy. Just cut and pasted 'em from a Detroit Lions forum I visit every now and then. I rarely post there because they are all pretty much insane, Lions slappies.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:20 AM   #26
hhiipp
College Prospect

Ksyrup, you also missed a very informative post where Quiksand was in search of the holy grail of all bath towels.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #27
hhiipp
College Prospect

Careful linking that site, you might get boxed.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #28
Anthony
Banned

true, although i make it very clear that no hot linking is allowed. people can post what they want as long as the image comes from their photosharing image site (like the free one i use - photobucket.com). i view my website at work too, ya know.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #29
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
I figured you were out of town when there was a thread dedicated to Gwen Stefani and you didn't post about your endless love for her.

I saw that thread last night, but resisted comment. Are you proud of me?

Had I been around when the thread started, though, I would have pounced.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 AM   #30
Samdari
Roster Filler

You missed the bonus corollary to HA being SkyDog's new best friend (is there a dog, best friend joke here? someone please help).

HA now jumps into virtually every thread to pimp HIS website, which (as he loves to tell us) features a forum in which he is free to speak his mind without the Dark Jedi moderation (paradoxical, considering who his new best friend is, and all, don't you think?).
Old 08-02-2005, 11:08 AM   #31
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
I saw that thread last night, but resisted comment. Are you proud of me?

Had I been around when the thread started, though, I would have pounced.

Your exercise of restraint is truly admirable.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 AM   #32
Anthony
Banned

that's part of the new HA. old HA would keep going until he got himself boxed. new HA will kindly remove himself from the kitchen when it gets too hot and go to his own message board to say what he has to say.

i had went off on QS in his faggoty Bath Towel thread, then he went and deleted it and started a new one. i then created the thread in my message board and said what i had to say. i started a new thread here pointing to my message board, but somehow (or someone...dun dun DUN) deleted it. i suspect QS has moderating powers here, because i checked and SD wasn't online here in FOFC at the time, neither was Ryan S. i know DukeRulesMAB (FOxL commish) has some moderating powers here, but he wasn't online at the time.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #33
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Imagine a group of 13-year-old girls squealing at each other over all the drama at high school that day and you'll have the basic feel for it...
Don't you have something more important to do?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #34
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i suspect QS has moderating powers here
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i know DukeRulesMAB (FOxL commish) has some moderating powers here, but he wasn't online at the time.
no

In fact, I have it on good authority that no threads started by you in the past 24 hours have been deleted.

So what's the problem again, aside from you being a shameless attention whore?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 08-02-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #35
Anthony
Banned

keep talking like that and i'm gonna have to take you off my list {shakes fist in the air}.

i started a thread, at first it was called "CHECK THIS OUT - Perfect Bath Towel Discussion", then i edited the thread's title to be "Soft when you bury your face in them - A Perfect Bath Towel Discussion". doesn't matter, the thread at my forum wasn't deleted and that's all that matters.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #36
rkmsuf
Head Coach

David Lee Roth
Banned Join Date: Jun 2005

One of you didn't change the password.
One of you is not evil, just retarded.
A skippity bippity bop, shabop, chaaaaaaa.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #37
korme
Go Reds

Wow, I need to visit HA's forum more.. he's spittin Too Short lyrics when he is drunk!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote