Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Ping: Easy Mac

Do me a favor please: round up any stray riff-raff you happen to see in Charleston (especially in the Folly Beach area) in advance of my wife & son's arrival in the fair city tomorrow evening.

They'll have about 2 days of beach fun before I arrive late Friday & I don't want to have to worry about them before I get there.

Thanks in advance

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:47 AM   #2
Easy Mac

Yeah, good luck with that, thats all there is in Charleston. However, tell them to say hi to Jesus. He's normally walking around West Ashley to Folly Beach... that man is committed to walking.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Postscript:

There really is a heckuva lot to do in Charleston, it'd be one of the easiest places I've found to stay entertained for 6-7 days without repeating specific activities (i.e. I count different house museums as different things, because each one has its own pros/cons).

They really need to do something about the panhandling in the tourist areas. Higher incident ratio than I've gotten on my last two trips to downtown Atlanta, and that's not a good thing.

The streets in those same areas need some major work, although damned if I know how you could shut them down long enough to do the repairs.

Restaurants seem to either be very good in service or beyond words bad, only one really in-between/average sort of experience on the whole trip. But more good than bad (big-time shout out for a new BBQ joint, something like Jim & Nick's. Service was simply the best I've seen in recent memory, out of this world for a very moderate priced family friendly eatery.

Was a total tourist for pretty much the whole trip, which is very unusual for me. And in spite of the kinda random complaints in this thread, I rate it easily as the #1 vacation destination (other than WDW) within easy driving distance of me. Although going north to go south seems counter-intuitive to me, going I-20 to Columbia then straight down 26 to Charleston cuts the drive down to 4.5-5 hours, a trip that I'm sure we'll be making again in the next year, probably at least 2x maybe 3x in that time.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #4
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Postscript:

There really is a heckuva lot to do in Charleston, it'd be one of the easiest places I've found to stay entertained for 6-7 days without repeating specific activities (i.e. I count different house museums as different things, because each one has its own pros/cons).

They really need to do something about the panhandling in the tourist areas. Higher incident ratio than I've gotten on my last two trips to downtown Atlanta, and that's not a good thing.

The streets in those same areas need some major work, although damned if I know how you could shut them down long enough to do the repairs.

Restaurants seem to either be very good in service or beyond words bad, only one really in-between/average sort of experience on the whole trip. But more good than bad (big-time shout out for a new BBQ joint, something like Jim & Nick's. Service was simply the best I've seen in recent memory, out of this world for a very moderate priced family friendly eatery.

Was a total tourist for pretty much the whole trip, which is very unusual for me. And in spite of the kinda random complaints in this thread, I rate it easily as the #1 vacation destination (other than WDW) within easy driving distance of me. Although going north to go south seems counter-intuitive to me, going I-20 to Columbia then straight down 26 to Charleston cuts the drive down to 4.5-5 hours, a trip that I'm sure we'll be making again in the next year, probably at least 2x maybe 3x in that time.

Yeah, there's a fuckload of poor people in this town. Its pretty much either extremely rich or extremely poor (or extremely in college), and its all right next to eachother. If you start at the battery, it goes rich to downtown businesses to college kids to poor people. I rarely go out at night just because I don't want to be bothered every 5 steps.

The streets are horrible if you live here. I have a pretty crappy stomach, so I can barely handle the bumps every Sunday morning going to church. I haven't really done the tourist things here, just too lazy and cheap. I've been to the Aquarium, thats all. Glad you like it though. See ya next time.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote