Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Thomkal
Head Coach

Anyone playing Shadowbane?

Shadowbane, the next of the MMORPG's is now out. Anyone playing this and wants to comment on how its going? I've ordered it, but likely won't get it until Mon or Tues.

http://www.shadowbane.com/

Dan

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 02:57 PM   #2
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

I've followed it's development progress on and off over the years. It has some interesting elements to it, but I'm skeptical until proven otherwise (I'm not much of a MMORPG guy anyway).
Old 03-28-2003, 03:12 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

I beta tested it for several months, it was.....bleh.

Not a bad game, but I'm just really burnt out on the tedium of MMORPG's. The work to fun factor is way outta whack.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

Shadowbane looked to be what I wanted many other MMORPG's to be. However, I'm beta testing EVE: The Second Genesis now, and with Planetside coming out in a month or two, I'm probably not going to have time for Shadowbane.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 03:24 PM   #5
Calis
College Starter

Eve still under NDA?
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 04:08 PM   #6
Havok
College Starter

I beta tested it from day 1..... i was one of the first to get in because i have a friend at Wolfpack and 1 at Ubi.

I played it for about a year and overall i didnt like it that much. When it comes to mmorpg's i like PvP rather then PvE(carebares .
Thats why i was so excited about this game. But there were just to many problems and it took them to long to fix them. Finally last November i gave up on beta and quit.

I think one day it will be a fun game. But probally not for another year or so. The development team just takes WAY to long to fix stuff.

Last edited by Havok : 03-28-2003 at 04:09 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Some impressions over at Gone Gold. Looks like some of the people who managed to get through the registration process had a positive time. But, of course, it's really early. I'm guessing unless you're really jonesing for an MMORPG or have a group of friends ready to hang out with, you might want to wait a few more days to let some of the dust to shake itself out.

In the meantime, you need to come and join us on Hattrick to replace your SimSports BB addiction. [Oh, and my original Harrisburgh team in L8 lucked into NTT championship this last year. Hoorah!]
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 07:19 PM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

Daedalus,

Congrats on the well-deserved Simsports Championship. You can join the rest of us in the Winners Lounge now.

I did actually play Hattrick for a short while when the game first got mentioned on the boards here. It's not a bad game, I just thought I had little chance to get good players when you start out in the lowest division with next to no money. And the division I was in had next to no conversation between the various owners. Plus I'm just not much of a soccer fan. I even had CM on my old computer and couldn't get into it that much even though its a great game.

So how is everybody feeling about the new recruiting\payment rules now that its had a little time to sink in over at Simsports.

Oh and thanks to those who commented on Shadowbane.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:22 PM   #9
Drake
assmaster

Can I come over to your house and play Shadowbane to see if I like it before I buy it?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 08:58 PM   #10
sabotai
General Manager

I had to agree to an NDA when I agreed to beta-test EVE.

I didn't read it so I'm not sure what I can and can't talk about.

Those who liked ELITE and X: The Frontier, will probably like this game. Those looking for action will not. It's an economic game set in the future. But there is fighting and stuff, it's just not the main focus.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote