Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
BigDPW
College Prospect

NFL Network - What should I expect?

Cox Cable here in Greenville, NC is going to offer NFL Network on our digital tier starting August 1st... I am really excited about it and especially the preseason football coverage...

What else should I be excited about and look for on NFL Network? I have always heard good things in the past and thought some of you guys who have it already could tell me a little more about it!

BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
Schmidty
Coordinator

Football.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:49 PM   #3
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

Sorry, I just read the title and couldn't resist.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
maximus
Banned

NFL Network, IMO, is a great source for football news. In fact it even covers college as well - although not as deep as it does the NFL. It's a great...great channel. You will not be disappointed.

edit: The off season and draft coverage is bar none outstanding.

Last edited by maximus : 07-14-2005 at 06:53 PM.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
jbmagic
Pro Starter

they show all preseason games of the nfl too.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:56 PM   #6
Raven
College Prospect

Draft analysis. Divisional analysis. Repeats of the top games from last season. Team highlight shows.

Stuff like that.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #7
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It's fucking great.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Expect lots of gratuitous cheerleader money shots.

And lots of ex-Raiders co-hosts.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #9
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Lots of hot sweaty man-on-man action.

And the combine.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
It's fucking great.

I concur. It's fucking great.

I watch it more than any channel and I've never even had the channel during the regular season. Playbook is a solid show. Their "game of the week" is very well done. Great draft and free agency coverage. I TiVo NFL Total Access every day. It usually has about 10-15 minutes of interesting stuff and the rest is pretty bad. But again, milking 10-15 minutes of interesting stuff each day when NOTHING is going on in the league aint that bad. During the draft and the height of free agency there was just a lot more to cover. I am sure the regular season coverage will be great. Having every pre-season game will be wonderful. And don't worry if you miss something. It will be on again and again and again and again....
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:13 PM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I like the game of the week because you get so much more than the actual game. You get the coaches and some of the sideline chatter that you don't see on CBS, FOX, ESPN, or ABC.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:14 PM   #12
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I concur. It's fucking great.

I watch it more than any channel and I've never even had the channel during the regular season. Playbook is a solid show. Their "game of the week" is very well done. Great draft and free agency coverage. I TiVo NFL Total Access every day. It usually has about 10-15 minutes of interesting stuff and the rest is pretty bad. But again, milking 10-15 minutes of interesting stuff each day when NOTHING is going on in the league aint that bad. During the draft and the height of free agency there was just a lot more to cover. I am sure the regular season coverage will be great. Having every pre-season game will be wonderful. And don't worry if you miss something. It will be on again and again and again and again....

Its also nice during NFL gameday Sundays, they simulcast a radio show which is decent, but they also have constantly updated stats for each game roll by, which is very nice if you are trying to keep up with some of your fantasy guys and you don't have a computer in the room.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
condors
College Starter

They are also showing nfl films stuff everyday, I think the show is very well done. Love seeing players who were before my time.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #14
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I like the game of the week because you get so much more than the actual game. You get the coaches and some of the sideline chatter that you don't see on CBS, FOX, ESPN, or ABC.

Used to have DirecTV and really do miss the game of the week. What a great program. Easily the best sports presentation out there.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #15
jbmagic
Pro Starter

they also show all the teams highlight of last season too

and superbowl highlights of each year.

and this summer all the complete preseason games for all the teams
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #16
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I think that they shine even better in the offseason than in the regular season.

And it is better in the background than sportscenter. Given a choice, I'd rather watch people talk about the NFL over my corn flakes than watch a special War of the Worlds Edition of Pete Sampras on the Coors-Miller-Bud Light Silver Hot Seat Presented by GM, America Online, and Frito-Lay, sponsored by MasterCard.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #17
SelzShoes
High School Varsity

I'm not a football fan and I find myself watching NFL channel. I saw a great documentary on the 1970's World Football League, the game of the week is amazing considering how fast they put the film together. They do high quality work there--far superior to NBATV. I hope MLB puts something together that is half as good as this.
SelzShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 PM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

It's where I go whenever I don't have a specific program in mind. Great stuff. Best channel. I do get tired of coverage of golf tournaments and that kind of crap though.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #19
Samdari
Roster Filler

NFL Total Access - its like SportsCenter without the annoying periods where they are not talking about the NFL.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:16 AM   #20
jander
n00b

Also, they carry the majority of NFL Europe games, which can hold over fans during the offseason. Now if only stupid Mediacom would add it, I mean, we get a channel for race fans (Speed), soccer fans (FSC), come on how about some football.

Tempted to switch to DirecTV just for that reason, loved what I have seen of the channel when at my parent's house (on DirecTV)
jander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 07:16 AM   #21
ice4277
Pro Rookie

One other thing about NFL Network. Has anybody noticed that the picture quality is REALLY good most of the time? It may just be Comcast in my area, but myself and a couple friends who have the network both agree that, by far, it has the best picture of any of the digital channels we receive.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:21 PM   #22
FBPro
College Starter

best.channel.on.tv
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #23
Galaxy
Coordinator

The best show on NFL is the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders program.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:07 PM   #24
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
The best show on NFL is the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders program.
Concur, they are quite nice....
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:29 AM   #25
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I just got this channel, too. Even though the scouting combine was months ago, I enjoyed watching pieces of it last week. I don't know about this whole NFL Total Access thing, though. The one time I tried to watch it, Chad Johnson was interviewing Ahman Green, and it was terribly uncomfortable for me to watch. Maybe I just caught one of the silly points in the show, but I've had no desire to see that program again. If they have this network in Greensburg, PA, I'll give it another shot when training camp starts.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:34 AM   #26
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I just got this channel, too. Even though the scouting combine was months ago, I enjoyed watching pieces of it last week. I don't know about this whole NFL Total Access thing, though. The one time I tried to watch it, Chad Johnson was interviewing Ahman Green, and it was terribly uncomfortable for me to watch. Maybe I just caught one of the silly points in the show, but I've had no desire to see that program again. If they have this network in Greensburg, PA, I'll give it another shot when training camp starts.

TiVo, Pumpy. Ti. Vo. It was designed for moments like that and commercials. Like I said, NFL Total Access (during the off-season) has around 10-15 minutes worth of good stuff and the rest pretty much sucks. I like the fact that they bring players in. Not so much because they have anything realling interesting to say or add (it's very rare they do), but I think they are trying to give players some exposure/experience in a broadcasting setting. You know, for the players (and others) to see if they may have a future in TV or radio. I think it's nice. That said, Gary Baxter has no future in TV or radio.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote