Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

Netflix: Friends Feature

I just signed up for Netflix about a week ago. While playing around with it, I used the 'Friends' feature with my brother.

It has some pretty cool stuff. Gives you the chance to see movies you might not think of. It also has a cool little 'quiz' feature where it uses the movies your friends have rated and quizes you on their tastes.

Anyways.

Anyone who is interested in adding each other as friends, use wademoore AT gmail.com to add me... post your e-mail if you want others to add you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:33 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

Wow.. no one?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #3
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Ouch. I don't use Netflix, but my pa does and I do have some say in what he ends up renting. He also likes to get some of the more artsy fartsy movies, so maybe you'll find some unknowns that way.. I dunno. His e-mail should be hotmail DOT com <- smiley1049

I can see it now. *Gee, I wonder what Sov's dad is renting*
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
Token Asian Guy
n00b

Nice to see someone trying this feature, I'm always on the lookout for new movies, I'm [email protected] if you'd like to add me. I have about 200-300 in my queue at this point, sort of an eclectic mix of films.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 AM   #5
rafini
High School JV

If you're interested in renting games as well as movies, check out:
hxxp://www.gameznflix.com
The turnaround service isn't as quick as Netflix, but if you'd like to build up a pretty big collection, you can sign up for a year at a time (I think around $150-160) and get 8 games/movies out at a time. I usually keep 1-2 Xbox games, then rotate the remaining spots for movies.
Like I said, though, if you're looking to get newer movies, Netflix is going to be a lot quicker. But its good for putting together a collection of all the older movies you like.
rafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:54 AM   #6
Calis
College Starter

I just got signed up on Netflix here a week or so ago. Loving it so far. I got sick and tired of never finding what I wanted at Blockbuster.

Use JonFarber AT gmail.com to add me to a friends list.

I'm having fun just hunting down stuff to add to my queue here the last couple of days.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Critical Disagreement!
Incorrect Answer! Jonathan Farber and Ebert actually both liked 'Blade Runner'. Where they disagreed was on 'Steel Magnolias', with your friend giving it 1 stars and Ebert giving it 4.0 stars

Blade Runner
Gettysburg
Steel Magnolias
The Hours

Now what? Check back next visit for another Friend Quiz question.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

The friend quiz is the funnest reason to use this feature...

Quote:
Old 07-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

w00t...

Critical Disagreement!
Correct Answer! Jonathan Farber rated 'The Aviator' 2 stars, and Roger Ebert gave it 5.0 stars

Pulp Fiction
Resident Evil
Miller's Crossing
The Aviator

Now what? Check back next visit for another Friend Quiz question.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #10
Calis
College Starter

Hah, this friend thing is kinda cool.

I'm on a Foregin film Netflix kick right now. Just watched Battle Royale and City of God, both of which were very good, and both of which were rather disturbing. Lots of Kurosawa flicks in the pipeline also. Also anxious to finally see the 2nd season of The Wire.

Got Wade's first question right. It was a hated it one, which one of 4 movies did Wade Moore hate?

Austin Powers 1
Eyes Wide Shut
Almost Famous
Homicide: Season 3

Went with Eyes Wide Shut, I'm money.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #11
Token Asian Guy
n00b

Wait a tick, Wade, you hated Super Troopers? Maybe I haven't asked enough people, but i thought the general consensus was that everyone loved that movie. What was it that made you dislike it, the scene where Farva gets powdered sugar (it's delicious) tossed on him?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:56 PM   #12
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Asian Guy
Wait a tick, Wade, you hated Super Troopers? Maybe I haven't asked enough people, but i thought the general consensus was that everyone loved that movie. What was it that made you dislike it, the scene where Farva gets powdered sugar (it's delicious) tossed on him?

Almost everyone I know loves it...

I HATED it with a passion.. I can't put my finger on it, but I just did not find it funny at all... and it's not the comedy style, because that is the 'type' of movie I often like...

Quote: