Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(F1) Bernie Ecclestone is a Freaking IDIOT!

(He calls Danica to apologize, but then decides, what the hell, I'm a chauvenist pig, glory in it.. and repeats it???)

YOU FRICKIN IDIOT

Bernie Ecclestone might want to work on his apologies.

It seemed the Formula One president and CEO had seen the error of his words about women racing with men when he called Danica Patrick over the weekend, presumably to apologize.

But then he repeated his comments.

Ecclestone made news last week with his comments made in response to Patrick's fourth-place finish at the Indianpolis 500.

Asked about Patrick's success, Ecclestone acknowledged her strong finish, but then made an assessment about women racing with men that caused a stir, saying, "You know I've got one of those wonderful ideas ... women should be dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances."

On Saturday, Patrick received a phone call from Ecclestone, in which he complimented her on her performance at the Indy 500, the Indy Star reported.

But Ecclestone caught Patrick off guard when he repeated to her his statement about women and "domestic appliances."

"He told me those things, and I was like, I don't know, I just didn't make sense of it," Patrick told the Indy Star on Tuesday in her first public remarks since the quote drew national attention. "I can't believe that he would say that ... directly to me."

Patrick said Ecclestone did not mention having already said the "domestic appliances" line to the media and the 23-year-old is still unsure how to react to the remark.

"I was a bit confused ... Unless he was talking about someone else or the majority [of women] or what, I'm not really sure," she told the paper. "Or, maybe that's his real feelings, and if that's the case, then it doesn't really matter because I'm racing in the Indy Racing League."

Ecclestone has garned attention before for comments on women in racing.

The 74-year-old told Autosport racing magazine in Feb. 2000 that women would never excel in Forumla One. He added that if a woman did make it, "she would have to be a woman who was blowing away the boys. ... What I would really like to see happen is to find the right girl, perhaps a black girl with super looks, preferably Jewish or Muslim, who speaks Spanish."

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
MJ4H
Coordinator

I have two options here. Either I can laugh or I can...well, I'm just going to have to choose to laugh for my own safety and the safety of the general public.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
(He calls Danica to apologize, but then decides, what the hell, I'm a chauvenist pig, glory in it.. and repeats it???)

YOU FRICKIN IDIOT

Bernie Ecclestone might want to work on his apologies.

It seemed the Formula One president and CEO had seen the error of his words about women racing with men when he called Danica Patrick over the weekend, presumably to apologize.

But then he repeated his comments.

Ecclestone made news last week with his comments made in response to Patrick's fourth-place finish at the Indianpolis 500.

Asked about Patrick's success, Ecclestone acknowledged her strong finish, but then made an assessment about women racing with men that caused a stir, saying, "You know I've got one of those wonderful ideas ... women should be dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances."

On Saturday, Patrick received a phone call from Ecclestone, in which he complimented her on her performance at the Indy 500, the Indy Star reported.

But Ecclestone caught Patrick off guard when he repeated to her his statement about women and "domestic appliances."

"He told me those things, and I was like, I don't know, I just didn't make sense of it," Patrick told the Indy Star on Tuesday in her first public remarks since the quote drew national attention. "I can't believe that he would say that ... directly to me."

Patrick said Ecclestone did not mention having already said the "domestic appliances" line to the media and the 23-year-old is still unsure how to react to the remark.

"I was a bit confused ... Unless he was talking about someone else or the majority [of women] or what, I'm not really sure," she told the paper. "Or, maybe that's his real feelings, and if that's the case, then it doesn't really matter because I'm racing in the Indy Racing League."

Ecclestone has garned attention before for comments on women in racing.

The 74-year-old told Autosport racing magazine in Feb. 2000 that women would never excel in Forumla One. He added that if a woman did make it, "she would have to be a woman who was blowing away the boys. ... What I would really like to see happen is to find the right girl, perhaps a black girl with super looks, preferably Jewish or Muslim, who speaks Spanish."

Ecclestone is losing his gripe on Formula One and his multi-billion-dollar net worth to the teams. I hope the 9 teams bolt the series, and form their own. This will basically end F1.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
Franklinnoble
Banned

This is just what F1 needs...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #5
Samdari
Roster Filler

"In case you did not hear the sexist insult I lobbed at you in the media, I have decided to call and reiterate it to you in person."

Who makes this call?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:55 PM   #6
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I think that he should be dragged out into the streets and shot.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #7
TLK
Pro Starter

This is nothing new with Bernie, the boy just isn't right.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #8
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

This is just sad. They have a great product with millions of fans all around the world. An they still manage to ruin the sport completely.

Great job guys.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #9
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK
This is just sad. They have a great product with millions of fans all around the world. An they still manage to ruin the sport completely.

Great job guys.

Actually, I think Bernie is a miracle worker. The product has been rotten for a long, long time yet the fanbase seems to grow and grow. I don't understand that.

If Ecclestone goes and F1 falls into the hands of the manufacturers, F1 will not be around in ten years time.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #10
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S
If Ecclestone goes and F1 falls into the hands of the manufacturers, F1 will not be around in ten years time.

Agreed. Very sad. The sport has so much history.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #11
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

I would say Ecclestone is a genius, not an idiot. We are just days removed from a 6 car parade at Indy and people are only talking about his comments. Not bad leadership in my book.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:37 PM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oh.. people are talking about it, still. Including the president of Minardi, who blows this whole thing WIIIIIIIDE open. Read with shock. I did

"If you attempt to insert a chicane, or make this a non points race, we will not only withdraw Formula 1's ok to run here, but stop ALL Formula car activity in the US" and other such threats
Old 06-22-2005, 08:13 PM   #13
PilotMan
Head Coach

That is an awesome read and adds the most light to anything that I have read on the matter. Thanks for posting it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #14
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

NP.. I know the Prez of Minardi doesn't like the President of F1, but that is an interesting read.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #15
Easy Mac

Am I the only one who laughed at his comments? People are so uptight.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:54 PM   #16
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Am I the only one who laughed at his comments? People are so uptight.

No I mentioned in post #2 that I laughed.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote