Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What bothers you the most about crappy drivers?
Talk on a cell phone while driving 19 19.59%
Run red lights or stop signs 12 12.37%
Exploit a lane closure before finally merging 17 17.53%
4. Drive recklessly (violent lane changing, speeding, etc.) 6 6.19%
Throw trash out of their car 4 4.12%
Use lanes improperly 2 2.06%
Drive too slow 13 13.40%
Use a turn signal improperly (or not at all) 13 13.40%
Take forever to turn 1 1.03%
Merge improperly 5 5.15%
Play their car stereo ridiculously loud 0 0%
Perform other idiotic behavior (specify) 5 5.15%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2005, 01:06 PM   #101
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

I am having a hard time voting for just one option.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #102
Radii
Head Coach

Cell phones without question. In my experience people talking on their cell phones are concentrating more on their conversation than their driving.

In my lifetime i've gotten two tickets and been in one minor accident. Two of my three offenses were not due to me being an asshole driver, but rather to not paying attention. One of my speeding tickets and my minor accident were both due to me trying to find a new CD to listen to. That's admittedly worse than driving while talking on the cell phone b/c you're spending a signifigant portion of your time not even looking at the road, but the affects are similar, lots of time when you're not paying attention tot he road and swerve or jerk the steering wheel to stay in your lane. Scary scary stuff, when I drive by myself now I never, ever go poking around the car for anything, and if someone calls me I either don't answer it or inform whoever it is that I'm driving as soon as I find out its not an emergency and call them back later.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:44 PM   #103
thetrilogy
Mascot

All of those driving infractions take place after the ASSHOLES start talking
on their cell phones while driving. Their days are numbered. It will be outlawed
in this country soon. State by state.
thetrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #104
Emiliano
College Prospect

For me, the winner is "Run red lights or stop signs". It drives me absolutely crazy, especially because here 90% of the people do it. It seems they don't even know the signals. "Throw trash out of their car" and "Use a turn signal improperly (or not at all)" are on the "podium".
Emiliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:17 PM   #105
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Maybe this is an Atlanta thing, but this drives me CRAZY:

Rush hour traffic, traffic light turns yellow...people will run the light and block the intersection so the people trying to cross that busy street can't get across when their light turns green. I encounter 2 intersections like this pretty frequently, and have gotten to the point that when someone does this and I am in the first in line (which is pretty frequently b/c the cross street usually isn't too busy) I just sit there and keep my hand on the horn continuously until they creep forward enough for me to get through, or until my light turns red and they aren't in front of me anymore.

Radii will claim that there are lots of things that make me crazy about other drivers (lack of turn signals, people who drive the wrong way down the one way lane at the grocery store, etc...) - but it's not true. There are a couple things that drive me bonkers and Atlanta drivers are just so bad that I am always irritated when I am driving
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #106
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Drive.

Seriously, it would far more convenient if I had the roads to myself. I'll maybe let people drive on the roads I'm not planning on using that day.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #107
QuikSand
lolzcat

While I have a lot of things to vote for, I will mention that Mrs. Q recently read somewhere that our state of Maryland is, by someone's accounting, #1 in "road debris," whatever that means and however it's measured.

So, when driving down the road here, when we see something dumped onto the shoulder (doesn't seem like an untoward amount of the time, but maybe we're just inured to it around here) we have taken to chanting "We're Number One! We're Number One!" It's good for a few yuks every time.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote