Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #51
condors
College Starter

next up the Lebron James leading Cavs.

they are a good team but lack any true stars outside of Lebron (who is da man).

Even with a great defense Lebron wins them a couple games scoring 37 and 43 points but when held under 30 the team went 0-4. They never broke 100 points in any of the six games i shudder to think what may have happened if he had gotten a little help.

We get to play the Spurs in the finals

I have to say that i would rather have root canal then play the Spurs.

Duncan, Parker, and Manu = very tough. Add in they added a couple good players in the draft and this team simply doesn't have a weakness.

IF we were at 100% i think the game would favor us. Duncan is good at getting our bigs in foul trouble and since i am only 3 good players to play in 2 postions it means more minutes for Ken Johnson who is no match for Duncan.

We lose in 7 games the series could have gone either way. Every game was within 6 points either way.

72 wins and nothing to show for it when the season is over.

that hurts

Last edited by condors : 06-08-2005 at 05:25 PM.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #52
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
next up the Lebron James leading Cavs.

they are a good team but lack any true stars outside of Lebron (who is da man).

Even with a great defense Lebron wins them a couple games scoring 37 and 43 points but when held under 30 the team went 0-4. They never broke 100 points in any of the six games i shudder to think what may have happened if he had gotten a little help.

We get to play the Spurs in the finals

I have to say that i would rather have root canal then play the Spurs.

Duncan, Parker, and Manu = very tough. Add in they added a couple good players in the draft and this team simply doesn't have a weakness.

IF we were at 100% i think the game would favor us. Duncan is good at getting our bigs in foul trouble and since i am only 3 good players to play in 2 postions it means more minutes for Ken Johnson who is no match for Duncan.

We lose in 7 games the series could have gone either way. Every game was within 6 points either way.

72 wins and nothing to show for it when the season is over.

that hurts

Show for it? You took the Spurs to 7 games. Get 'em next year!!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:47 AM   #53
condors
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Show for it? You took the Spurs to 7 games. Get 'em next year!!

Todd

thanks

just very dissapointed, i have won championships with teams that aren't as good as this team (on paper).

Now i have huge isssues as 6 of my 12 players are out of contract.

I am not sure what will happen this offseason. Age will start to catch us.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #54
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
thanks

just very dissapointed, i have won championships with teams that aren't as good as this team (on paper).

Now i have huge isssues as 6 of my 12 players are out of contract.

I am not sure what will happen this offseason. Age will start to catch us.
Well, now we get to see your GM'ing talents.

Can you list your current roster?

Todd

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-09-2005 at 11:28 AM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 05:37 AM   #55
condors
College Starter

players under contract for the 2013 season

sg-daniel graham 6'4" 19 years old currently rated 7 in scoring 6 in defense i really like this kid alot was a breakout player. could be a 8 scoring and 7 defense, he isn't a rebounder, shot blocker or ball stealer though. 3 years left on his rookie deal

sg-joe johnson 6'7" 31 years old 7 scoring and 7 defense 6 steals. Very consistant player who plays both ends of the floor. I really like him. I signed him to an extention 6 million a season for the next 5 seasons.

sf-Dj Lawrence 6'7" 26 years old 8 scoring 6 defense 6 steals 7 rebounds has 3 more seasons left on a max deal.

sf-Richard Turner 6'7" 23 years old 6 scoring 10 defense limited in can't rebound steal or block shots but a very nice player to come off the bench and shut down a guy who is hot. 2 more season left on his rookie deal.

pf-Tyson Chandler 7'1" 30 years old 5 scoring 6 defense 7 rebounding 6 blocks
1 more year left on deal was a guy we brought in with our mid level exception.
Very nice role player down low.

c-Steven Hunter 7'0" 31 years old 3 scoring 7 defense 6 rebound 9 blocks. 1 year left at league min. Gives us solid minutes in the down low rotation.

as you can see we currently have 0 point guards and we need to get 3 big guys for down low.

pg-Shang-de Gao 6'3" 28 year old point guard 5 scoring 9 defense 10 steals 6 handling and 6 passing i love this guy will try to bring him back.

pg-Travis White 23 years old 6'4" 5 scoring 6 defense 6 handling 6 passing 5 steals nice backup point guard who could still improve. hopefully i can resign him.

pg-Earl Watson 33 years old 6'1" Earl's skills have started to slip currently 3 scoring and 7 defense and could get worse this off season. Has played limited time for 6 seasons with us at league min. Will look for hard worker with a good attitude to replace him.

pf-Emeka Okafor 6'9" 30 years old. 5 scoring 8 defense 7 rebounds 7 blocks 5 steals. I really like Emeka. He isn't the scorer i thought he could be but his rebounds defense and blocks are really nice to have. Will try to resign him.

c-Chris Bosh 6'10" 28 years old, 7 scoring 8 defense 7 rebounds 5 blocks. Bosh has been a star here. I definatly want this guy back to a long term deal.

If everything goes my way i will resign everyone but Earl Watson and pick up a good young point guard/center in the draft and get the other one in free agency.

If i lose any one of these guys i will be in trouble.

It would be easy to offer them all max 7 year deals but that could really hurt our future.

Last edited by condors : 06-11-2005 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:17 AM   #56
condors
College Starter

The draft well we got a 6'10" 23 year old Quinton Martin he isn't anything special and doubt he will get many minutes or grow into anything he simply lacks the skills to compete at this level and i don't think he ever will have them.(sucks picking last in the first round) our 2nd round pick i get a point guard who i don't offer a contract to.

Free agency goes pretty good.

pg-Shang-de Gao signs a 7 year deal at 6 million per (he may 36 when the deal ends but at 6 million per i think he is a steal)

pg-travis white signs a 6 year 10 million dollar deal this 2nd round pick has a long future in the league.(i am thrilled no team came after him)

pg-Mark Keeling 6'3" 29 years old 5 scoring 7 defense 5 handling (a little lower than i like) 6 passing. Not the young guy i wanted but best available signed a 2 year league min deal toward the end of free agency.

pf-Emeka Okafur signed a 5 year 9 millon per deal very glad to be able to keep him around. The first ever draft pick of the franchise.

c-Chris Bosh signed 7 year deal at 9 million per. Very glad to have him back.

the Okafur, Bosh, Chandler and Hunter rotation is intact down low.

I think we can definatly compete for the title again this season.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #57
condors
College Starter

59 wins for the Bobcats this season.

we suffer injuries although minor to almost everyone except tyson chandler who again missed most of the season due to injury but this time he is able to go in the playoffs unlike like season. DJ Lawrence is the only player who managed to play every game for us.

The Center we drafted Quinton Morrison is showing signs of unhappiness. I think he is cut after this season his salary isn't big and the last thing i need is a malcontent on the team. He isn't good enough to play. Also the coaching staff is dissapointed with his development.

the playoffs are an eternal struggle as we beat the bulls and pacers in 7 games each. Then we get it easy and beat the bucks in 6.

That leaves us Dallas in the finals they are the #1 offense in the league vs the #1 defense. We lose in 6 games. Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh were injured along with role player Mark Keeling. Even so i felt we still should have beaten them.

once again we have no championship to speak of.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:37 AM   #58
condors
College Starter

2014 we win 62 games and for the 3rd straight season have the best record in the league.

We won't have Okafur for the entire playoffs as his is over for 250+ days with a torn mcl.

We lose in 7 games in the Eastern Conferance Finals.

we have added nothing to the team the last 2 drafts we really could use a big man than can contribute but i doubt one will fall to us.

Okafur and Bosh are the only big man we have under contract for next season also backup small forward Richard Turner will be a free agent. I am almost 30 million over the cap and i want to keep Turner. Tyson Chandler will be 33 and Steven Hunter will be 34 add that to a 33 year old Okafur and 31 year old Bosh and we really could use some young bodies hopefully we can find at least 1 this off season.

losing in the playoffs i guess its better than not making it but it sure is a bitter pill to swallow.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:06 PM   #59
condors
College Starter

I guess broken clocks are right twice a day.

I drafted 2 center this year and for the third year in a row my first round pick was a center. We have been searching for some young big bodies that can contribute and finally i think i got someone who won't kill us. 22 year old 7'1" C Scott Martin potentials 6 scoring 6 rebounding 6 defense and 7 shot blocking, his is only a bunch of 5's right now but that is much better than what i have been using down there.

Free agency brought some changes. We resigned reserve small forward Richard Turner to a 7 year contract i love his 10 rating for defense combine that with his 6 scoring and he is a great bench player. The 26 year old has a nice career in front of him. I also signed 25 year old point guard Kejuan Johnson 6'3" he isn't bad 3 scoring 5 defense 6 handling 6 passing but he is not in the rotation. Also signed PF Drew Coursey 1 year exception 6'8" is another 6 scoring 10 defense guy to backup Okafor (still injured for 69 days) Zaza Pachulia 4 scoring 5 defense will be cut when Okafor is healthy. Also resigned c Steven Hunter for 1 more season he isn't in the rotation though could give solid minutes in a pinch 3 scoring 7 defense 6 rebounds 9 blocks.