Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Shield: Season 4

All I can say is wow.

This is going to be one intense season.

Glenn Close impressed me a lot in her debut, same for Anthony Anderson.

Semi spoilers.

Shane and Vic are going to have one helluva battle it seems. It's gunna be awesome to see how it unfolds.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:12 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This thread never got off the ground but wow. The 4th season of the Shield has been as good as the second season of Deadwood in my opinion.

Next week is an hour and a half where almost three and a half years culiminate perhaps. I am pumped.

Glenn Close and Anthony Anderson have been EXCELLENT new additions.

This is the best cop drama I've seen.

Yes, I like it more now then the Wire.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:57 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i am addicted to this show too!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i am addicted to this show too!

Just caught this one.

It's about time someone agrees this show is damn good.

I think over its four years, no show has had better character development then what is going on between Vic, Shane, Aceveda and Julian.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm hooked too. Last year with the money train, and now this year.

I saw that next week is 90 minutes, but that isn't the season finale is it? The season just started didn't it?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:13 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
I'm hooked too. Last year with the money train, and now this year.

I saw that next week is 90 minutes, but that isn't the season finale is it? The season just started didn't it?

Yeah next week is 90 minutes but I don't think its the season finale. The new season started in March though, so it's getting close.

Generally its 12-13 episodes per season, and since Rescue Me season 2 is in June (it takes over the Shields timeslot) I would assume the season will end within the next few weeks.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:19 PM   #7
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i never seen this show yet.

if vic is a bad cop, how come know one has firgure it out yet and arrested him?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i never seen this show yet.

if vic is a bad cop, how come know one has firgure it out yet and arrested him?

It's why you gotta watch the show.

In the sense, yes he is a dirty cop. He works with drug dealers but he has rules. One, is dealers only sell to past customers, never new customers, etc. There are a bunch of these, but you need to start with the DVDs and watch just how much he changes from season 1 episode 1 to now. It's really excellent.

Shawn Ryan is an amazing writer.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #9
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Sounds great.

i might have to go buy season 1-3
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Sounds great.

i might have to go buy season 1-3

Indeed. It's really a show that is written as if it were om HBO.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

I am also hooked on this, in fact it is the only TV series I watch at all. If it wasn't for the Shield it would be nothing but sports, the History Channel and Viva la Bam.

This Season has been amazing, and Acevedo's character is really getting dark....This last episode sets up next weeks 90 minute special event nicely. Definitely the best Cop show ever IMO.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-19-2005 at 08:50 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #12
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I gotta agree that the character development in this show is really second to none right now. Color me as one who was surprised not with Shane's turn into such a dirty cop, but with the fact that he knuckled under to Antoine Mitchell so much and had to eventually run to Vic for help. I had sorta figured that the writers were setting us up for a huge Vic/Shane showdown and having Shane buy the farm. And maybe that's what happens next week in the 90 minutes, although my money is more on Lem being the death. Whatever, I'd love to see Antoine Mitchell sticking around, great actor and great character. And I love what's happened with Julian, it just "rings true." All of the characters really ring true, I don't detect a lot of like...inconsistencies in them, and everything that happens is not exactly foreshadowed, but isn't a total surprise, it's built on the characters and who we have come to know them as. Which is just awesome.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:57 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
I gotta agree that the character development in this show is really second to none right now. Color me as one who was surprised not with Shane's turn into such a dirty cop, but with the fact that he knuckled under to Antoine Mitchell so much and had to eventually run to Vic for help. I had sorta figured that the writers were setting us up for a huge Vic/Shane showdown and having Shane buy the farm. And maybe that's what happens next week in the 90 minutes, although my money is more on Lem being the death. Whatever, I'd love to see Antoine Mitchell sticking around, great actor and great character. And I love what's happened with Julian, it just "rings true." All of the characters really ring true, I don't detect a lot of like...inconsistencies in them, and everything that happens is not exactly foreshadowed, but isn't a total surprise, it's built on the characters and who we have come to know them as. Which is just awesome.

Well said.

Plus the underlying stories are reaching a melting point.

Dutch and Vics feud is gunna get vicious soon once Vic find out Dutch boy is seeing his wife.

Captain Rawling is going to go after Acevada I think, which should be a lot of fun. Glenn Close has definetly brought a lot to this show. I am really impressed.

Just the boundaries this show obliterates, even for cable, is astounding.

When Acevada was raped at gunpoint .. Wow. I still think back to that and just shudder.

Just an awesomely amazing show.,
Old 05-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

hour and a half episode tonight. who else is pumped?
Old 05-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #15
johneh
Mascot

By far my favorite TV Show

The one thing I like about it is that everytime you think you can predict what is going to happen you are wrong. Like last season when Acevada was forced to slober up that guy's johnson while the other one took a pic - I thought for sure that Vic would bust the guy and see the photo, then when Acevada was following the guy I though he would kill him - instead he just arrested him.

Now I'm thinking Acevada's dates with the Ho are going to get him in some deep sh*t - but you never know.

Last edited by johneh : 05-24-2005 at 03:54 PM.
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by johneh
By far my favorite TV Show

The one thing I like about it is that everytime you think you can predict what is going to happen you are wrong. Like last season when Acevada was forced to slober up that guy's johnson while the other one took a pic - I thought for sure that Vic would bust the guy and see the photo, then when Acevada was following the guy I though he would kill him - instead he just arrested him.

Now I'm thinking Acevada's dates with the Ho are going to get him in some deep sh*t - but you never know.

Yup, totally agreed.

I am just glad that they didn't kill off Ronnie. He came close in season two, but they kept him on, damn good idea. For whatever reason, Ronnie is a character I enjoy a lot, even though he isn't that prominemnt.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:09 PM   #17
Galaxy
Coordinator

When does Nip-Tuck kick off?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:26 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
When does Nip-Tuck kick off?

Probably in the fall/winter..

Rescue Me starts in June and will go through at least September .. Then there is some new show, Theif, but I dunno if that's a Tuesday night show. If it is, it'd be next in line, and then Nip/Tuck would fill out. So perhaps Sept/Oct at the earliest, Feb/March at the latest.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Took me a while but ..

WOW

Amazing damn season.

Next season is shaping up to be even better.

Rescue Me starts up now, another excellent show.

FX has such a great Tuesday Night rotation.