Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

FM2005 Question!!!

All.

I have now 3x had my game lock in the 38th minute after a goal. It has happened at random times, and after a random amount of time playing. All of the game buttons continue to work, but the Play button seems to just sit there (it'll depress, but then sit...). I have my game now saving every 2 weeks... but this last time I lost 3 games worth of crap... and now instead of 3-1, 5-0, and 3-0 (in process) games... I have 0-1, 2-2, etc...

This is disheartening... it never happened on my home desktop, just my laptop... anyone have a similar issue?

Regards,
Chas

Chas in Cinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Celeval
Pro Starter

Hm... I had it stick in a game like that and after swearing up and down - replaying the last highlight kicked the game back in. Worth a shot.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #3
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I KNEW I should have posted this before I restart... ERRRR... I'll try that if it happens again...

Thanks Cel

-Chas
Chas in Cinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #4
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

I've had it as well, replaying like Celeval is the way to go. Generate a match report and play the most recent goal, that's what's saved me a couple times.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I haven't had this same problem, but have definitely had the same frustration.

When I put my laptop into hibernate mode with FM running, I have lock-up issues the next time I play, sometimes.

I've learned to be more careful both with saving and with leaving FM open.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:25 PM   #6
FBPro
College Starter

Ugh, never had a FM issue period, 'cept that I've gotten fired way too many times.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:10 PM   #7
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I wish I would get fired in my current game. First season in the Premiership with Barnsley, 7 games played, 7 losses
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:29 PM   #8
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
I wish I would get fired in my current game. First season in the Premiership with Barnsley, 7 games played, 7 losses

just resign
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:49 PM   #9
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
just resign

Nah, I've spent enough time with the team that I want to try and fight through it. I don't know if we can stay up now, but I'm hoping that we can at least continue building for the next time around.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:46 PM   #10
Galaxy
Coordinator

A question here?

How long does it take a foreign player to learn a language, and how much a factor is the language barrier?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:00 AM   #11
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Lock ups are very rare on FM in my experience (both from tech support and my own playing) ...

If it does 'appear' to lockup on a laptop then it can sometimes be because the HD has powered down and is 'waking up' - if this happens on my portable then I normally check that things are alive by windowing/full-screening the game (CTRL-F) or putting it in the background (CTRL-ESC) and then waiting until the game screen refreshes - this might take a minute or two but its never failed for me.

Hope this helps,

Marc
PS> Never heard of a play button not responding, although if it has then I'd suggest two things, (1) ensure you're patched up to 5.0.5, (2) go to the match report screen and click on a line so it replays the report segment then exit the replay.
If the play button isn't enabled then its likely to be because the 'match controller' has its knickers in a twist, watching a report replay will reset it and should fix things if this is the case.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:02 AM   #12
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
A question here?

How long does it take a foreign player to learn a language, and how much a factor is the language barrier?

This depends on the language in question (some such as Japanese take a LONG time to learn, some others are easier - especially if the person speaks a language with a similar structure) and the personality (read intelligence and motivation) of the player in question.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #13
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I also play on my laptop and have had some stuttering issues at various times in recent days. My career is into 2021 and the stuttering just began in the last season or so. Basically the game begins to go slideshow in the 2d match and slows to a crawl processing the rest of the game time. If I reboot my machine, I can play for another hour or two before the stuttering resumes. If I exit out of FM and then reload it, the stuttering is still there. The FM boards suggest turning off the sound and sound cache, but that hasn't solved the problem. Anyone else with any ideas?
Ajaxab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #14
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab
I also play on my laptop and have had some stuttering issues at various times in recent days. My career is into 2021 and the stuttering just began in the last season or so. Basically the game begins to go slideshow in the 2d match and slows to a crawl processing the rest of the game time. If I reboot my machine, I can play for another hour or two before the stuttering resumes. If I exit out of FM and then reload it, the stuttering is still there. The FM boards suggest turning off the sound and sound cache, but that hasn't solved the problem. Anyone else with any ideas?

I have some stuttering problems in the match screen as well. I just chaulked it up to an older computer and possibly some app. running in the background. If you haven't already, I would turn off your virus checker if you feel safe doing so and try that (or try exiting all the other system apps you don't need).

Usually, it's not too bad though so I just live with it.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote