Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-02-2004, 07:55 PM   #51
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I ended up going to the gym a little later than I thought, and getting a full protein smoothie afterwards in lieu of dinner. Just had a small snack (Total Protein cereal) tonight.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:58 AM   #52
Ben E Lou

Another strong day on Saturday, although ate a little more than I've been eating. Here's how the eating/exercise went:

6:30am: Ate dry Total Protein cereal with 1/2 cup blueberries added.
6:40am: 10 minutes of calisthenics, 10 minutes very light jog (today was a "light" cardio day)
7:00am: 2 boiled egg whites
11:00am: 4oz smoked salmon, 1 bag raw baby spinach
3:00pm: 1 large NY strip steak (16ish oz.), 2 grilled chicken fingers, 2oz-ish grilled salmon
3:30pm: legs and triceps workout at the gym
5:00pm: protein smoothie
7:45pm: grilled king crab claws (they're VERY good on the grill)
8:45pm: interval work for 2 miles (1min run, 1 min walk, 10 each), followed by 10 minute walk, then crunches (2 sets of 25 regular crunches, then 2 sets of 10 side crunches)

Exercise-wise, I have today listed as a "heavy" cardio day. I haven't decided exactly what that is going to be, but right now I'm thinking I might try to do six miles in one hour on the treadmill. The other thought would be to go after the 24-minute 3 mile mark.

When I had the grill going yesterday, I cooked a good bit of chicken and salmon (hence the "2 grilled chicken fingers, 2oz-ish grilled salmon" with my steak...was snacking/taste-testing). Those will be my primary meats for the next 2-3 days. I'm thinking it is always better to eat what I've cooked myself, and therefore know for sure that no oil, butter, sugar etc. was used in the cooking process.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:43 PM   #53
Ben E Lou

Well, I ended up taking a long nap this afternoon, that really screwed with my eating. I had about 6 oz. of grilled salmon with two egg whites at 7am, then had about 8oz. of grilled chicken with a bag of baby spinach at 11am. My nap went right through my planned eating time, and the gym was closing early today so I had to hurry. I got a fat-burner smoothie and a 2-oz. shot of wheat grass right before running, but missing that meal cut into my energy, I think. I ended up doing 5 miles in 50 minutes, rather than 6 in 60, which still isn't bad. Treadmill said I burned around 850 calories. Immediately afterward (around 5:15..gym closed at 5), I had about 8 more ounces of the grilled salmon, and then had a snack of dry Total Protein and blueberries around 7:30pm.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:59 AM   #54
Ben E Lou

Wow. Weighed in at 213.0 pounds this morning. Lost 8 pounds my first week back hitting it hard. I'd imagine that will slow considerably as my body re-adjusts to a strenous exercise schedule.

TODAY: calisthenics & pushups in a few minute, back/biceps/crunches at the gym later today...no cardio (apart from light warmup for weights), as am resting from hard cardio day yesterday
Old 07-06-2004, 05:33 PM   #55
Ben E Lou

Did the backs/biceps/crunches yesterday at the gym, as planned, and ate as planned as well.

Today, I hit chest and triceps at the gym, and was planning to do cardio shortly before the sun goes down by running in the neighborhood. It wasn't supposed to rain today, but it is. If it doesn't slow down, it is going to take some serious extra motivation to get me in the car and back to the gym to do cardio.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:34 PM   #56
Ben E Lou

I guess I ought to post a photo, considering I haven't done so in 25 pounds or so. I'll get one up in a day or two.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:22 PM   #57
Ben E Lou

Rain stopped, and I got a good 30-minute run in around the neighborhood. Based on my car odometer, I ran a little under 3 miles in my very hilly neighborhood in that time. That's probably a little faster than I need to on a "medium" day, but I felt very energized for the run, probably for two reasons:

a. no cardio yesterday, so rested
b. first time in quite some time I've separated cardio from weights...usually done right afterward

At any rate, I get to let Q see if he can turn my legs into rubber tomorrow. Looking...uh...forward to it?????
Old 07-09-2004, 07:25 AM   #58
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Good job of getting back on track after falling off for a while. That is always the hardest part.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:40 AM   #59
Ben E Lou

Thanks ice. I should probably clarify, though. "Falling off" is definitely a relative term here. I'd been exercising 5-7 days per week, and being very disciplined in eating. The falling off period was more like exercising 3-4 days per week, and not being as focused, diet-wise. Even my falling off period was much better than things had been, so it really isn't that impressive to get back on track. If I were to go 3-4 weeks without exercising at all, I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it back going.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:42 AM   #60
Ben E Lou

Dola:

I'm still pretty terrible at posting day-to-day. I'm not going to try to post every day any more, fyi.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:53 AM   #61
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Thanks ice. I should probably clarify, though. "Falling off" is definitely a relative term here. I'd been exercising 5-7 days per week, and being very disciplined in eating. The falling off period was more like exercising 3-4 days per week, and not being as focused, diet-wise. Even my falling off period was much better than things had been, so it really isn't that impressive to get back on track. If I were to go 3-4 weeks without exercising at all, I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it back going.

Yeah, sticking with the exercise is tough. I'm at the point now where I am maintaining, so I think I have lost my focus because I reached (surpassed, actually) my weight loss goal. I've had a very hectic schedule as well, so I'm hoping that clears up in the next couple weeks so I can get back to hitting the weights.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 10:04 AM   #62
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Hey Skydog How is the exercise plan working out?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #63
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I can't believe I missed this the first time around!

I didn't see where you were taking in anything post-workout?

Congratulations on all the hard work, all be it a year late!
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:45 AM   #64
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Hey Skydog How is the exercise plan working out?
Lifting: great
Cardio: bad
Eating: bad

I'm still lifting regularly, but I've gained both muscle and fat due to a penchant for Sonny's all-you-can-eat ribs and other junk like that. I'm going to be spending a month at 9,000 feet, which in and of itself should help jump-start my cardio training, which is what I've learned I *have* to do to keep weight off. No big health worries at this point, though. My doctor was very impressed with the results of my last physical. Still, I'm hovering in the 235-240 range, and I'd like to get it down around 210 by December. I'll probably start posting in this thread again in early August.