Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2005, 08:18 AM   #51
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundCat
The bottom line is that GroundCat was right way back in post 2.

The bottom line is that banned trolls who re-appear with new ID's should really learn to fly under the radar. Of course, many of them can't control themselves, which is why they got banned in the first place. Buh-bye.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:27 AM   #52
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Meaning why in the world would he spend time on improving them when it is increasingly evident that many people don't bother to read the information that is already given?

OK, so it cut the other quotes out. Anyway, what I am curious to know though is what formations correlate to which QB Styles? Just because I have a short passing style, doesn't mean I won't learn a 3 WR set. Look at the 49ers offense of the late 80s, Joe Montana had a short passing style, yet they were running 3 and 4 WRs.

Also, I did searches on the manual and was never able to find where it mentioned QB Style anywhere...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:29 AM   #53
mhass
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
The bottom line is that banned trolls who re-appear with new ID's should really learn to fly under the radar. Of course, many of them can't control themselves, which is why they got banned in the first place. Buh-bye.

Huzzah.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:45 AM   #54
Warhammer
Pro Starter

My problem with the help is that it is so inconsistent. I have used the help plenty of times, but why should I think to look up QB Style under formations? Why should I look up Style, instead of QB Style, which is exactly how it shows up on the screen?

To me, QB Style has nothing to do with the formations a player learns, it is how he plays the game. A QB that throws long passes, is going to typically take the ball downfield. One that prefers short passes is going to go underneath before he goes downfield, and a roll-out passer is going to try and get out of the pocket before deciding where to go with the ball. What does any of this have to do with formations? Also, where does it mention what formations go with what style. Also, with so many other things hidden, why should I not assume that QB Style also affects other ratings.

As an interesting side note, in my single player campaigns, I have brought back entire offenses, and left the game plan alone, and had drastic difference when only changing the QB. QBs with nearly identical ratings but different QB Styles. I have, for some reason, had much better success with Roll Out QBs than with either long pass or short pass QBs.

Also, knowing how some of these situational ratings work would be greatly beneficial. I should know if my QB is a clutch 3rd down passer or not. Additionally, just because my QB is clutch on 3rd down does not mean he should be chopped liver on 1st or 2nd down. But the more I look at how the games are run, the more I think this might be the case. So what would make me want to get that QB with a 99 3rd down passing rating if his ratings are going to be hammered on 1st and 2nd down?

Don't get me wrong, some mystery is ok, for example, how do hole recognition, breakaway speed, elusiveness, and inside running all interact? I can handle trying to figure that out. But not answering how double teaming receivers, situational ratings, and items of that nature really do need to be documented.

Actually, for those wondering, this has more to do with my IFL team (two equally rated young QBs) rather than my hobby team in the IHOF (stud young QB and a wheelchair bound relic)!

Last edited by Warhammer : 06-10-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote