Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
PsychoCop
Mascot

Oh no, not ANOTHER Hollywood-Mogul Dynasty Report!? - Frontier Stallion Films

::FRONTIER STALLION FILMS::
a hollywood mogul dynasty

ONE BILLION DOLLARS. What do you do with ONE BILLION DOLLARS? Why, get into the movie business of course! Hi, I'm Ed Thomas, and I just inherited ONE BILLION DOLLARS and a failing Movie Studio from my step-uncle. No, you're not allowed to know who he is... he's filthy rich, and he died... he left me what I have now. Think about it... I was just a pen-pusher when the executor of his will called me up. At first I was a skeptic... but hey, you don't turn down ONE BILLION DOLLARS and the chance to mingle with STARS! So, here I am... and you're there... watch me make a splash into the movie world!

PsychoCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:06 AM   #2
jerk3616
n00b

I'll be looking in on this one...sounds interesting. Good luck!
Old 06-24-2004, 02:40 AM   #3
PsychoCop
Mascot

:Jan 2004:

Well, the future begins here ladies and gentlemen. Frontier Stallion Films begins the year with only two scripts on the table... five more are on the works, being my original ideas. We're going to hopefully be able to put out films by 2005, and continue from there.

Film Rights Purchased:

Scandal Sheet - Suspense Thriller
Human Shield - Action Adventure

Both films are at ***, and will have to undergo rewriting... hopefully they will be available to film by Fall.

Original Scripts written:

Robotech - Science Fiction
Fallen Angel - Action Adventure Dark
Captain America - Action Adventure
Last Man Standing - Western
Fourth And Goal - Suspense Thriller

All 5 scripts are still in the works, more details as they near completion.

:Feb 2004:

All the writers are still on their jobs... no good scripts in the market though...

:Mar 2004:

Scandal Sheet and Human Shield are still unsatisfactory... so I send them back to the writers.

Film Rights Purchased:

Hollywood Mogul - Drama

Nothing intrigued me more than a **** script based around the movie-making business. It's going to rewrite for changes.

:Apr 2004:

A lot of promising scripts available, but most of them are Suspense Thrillers... not exactly what I'm looking for.

:May 2004:

A very busy month as all eight scripts end up in my inbox. I had to read through every single one... and have them reread by my 'associates'. All five original scripts came in terrible... they're back with the writers right now.

Scandal Sheet is about 2-3 months away from being a script worthy of showing on the big screen. Human Shield has a long way to go, while Hollywood Mogul is going to take more work than I thought it would. Next month, I'm going to be handing out new script ideas to the writers.

Film Rights Purchased:

Capitol Punishment - Comedy

Not too shabby for a comedy. The premise is alright... hopefully this *** script can be easily rewritten.

:June 2004:

Sean Connery comes in, pitches a script... heck, I don't even know Sean Connery personally, and he thinks we're buddy-buddy. Sheesh. I take a look at his script, tell him it's absolutely horrible... and on top of all that, 12% of the Gross is NOT acceptable. He doesn't take it well... says that I don't know who I'm messing with and then says that he'll make sure my studio tanks! What? Whatever.

Scandal Sheet is developing nicely...although I might have to extend the timetable a bit.

Original Scripts written:

Legend - Drama
I Got Mobbed! - Comedy
Rough and Tough - Action Adventure Comedy

Three new original scripts are on the works... we're losing money FAST... so we need to get the movie circus on the road!

July 2004

Big month again... and I expect to get more months like these... 9 scripts are in for me to read and peruse... whew. Robotech, Fallen Angel, Captain America, Fourth And Goal, and Last Man Standing are all going along nicely. Captain America just might be the script that finishes first.

Scandal Sheet, Human Shield, Hollywood Mogul and Capitol Punishment undergo more script revisions, although completion is near!

Film Rights Purchased:

A Way To Die - Suspense Thriller
Musketeer - Action Adventure

A lot of good suspense thrillers in the market... and this was no exception. A Way To Die was a **** script, and with a lot of promise... it goes to the rewriting block ASAP. Musketeer is a much more historically based version of the Three Musketeers... and will hopefully be a good film.

Anyway, that's the first 7 months of my game... will post more in the coming days/weeks... including FSF's first film production! Feel free to ask questions... etc. etc.

Last edited by PsychoCop : 06-24-2004 at 04:56 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:24 AM   #4
PsychoCop
Mascot

Aug 2004

Only two scripts come in this month. Scandal Sheet is a month or two away from being filmable. Meanwhile, Hollywood Mogul is now a complete script and we've set a budget. It's now open for CASTING! With a full ensemble of 6 people to bill in the credits, our PR department has done a terrific job in advertising the script to agents. We get a plethora of calls coming in... Mel Gibson, Will Smith, Elijah Wood, Jack Nicholson, Martin Lawrence, Brittany Murphy, Kristina Loken, Kate Winslet and Catherine-Zeta Jones all drop calls to inquire about the script. Wow. As for directors, several no-names called us up, but one person caught our attention... and so, here is the full casting sheet:

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: HOLLYWOOD MOGUL - Drama
Producer: Arnon Milchan (Daredevil)
Director: Quentin Tarentino (Kill Bill)
STARRING - Actor: Mel Gibson (Passion Of The Christ)
STARRING - Actress: Catherine Zeta-Jones (America's Sweethearts)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Elijah Wood (Lord Of The Rings)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Tom Welling (Smallville)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Kathy Bates (Titanic)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Mila Kunis (That 70's Show)

Premise: Jack Johnson (Gibson) is the owner of a Hollywood Studio, between the turmoil of having to cope with an egotistical star actress who happens to be his mistress (Zeta-Jones), dealing with his two out of control sons (Wood and Welling), his lonely mother (Bates) and running his studio, he also finds out that his temp secretary (Kunis) is his lovechild with an old flame. Who said making movies was easy?
Old 06-24-2004, 06:08 AM   #5
PsychoCop
Mascot

Sep 2004

Spike Jonez DIES. Papers say it's suicide, but police suspect foul play.

Screenplays galore to peruse. A lot of the scripts aren't ready yet, although we expect most of them to be ready to film by the next couple of months. On the brighter side of life, two screenplays are now READY. Both of them Suspense Thrillers... I will be splitting my efforts for these two films, and produce Scandal Sheet as a big-budget movie, while maintain a low budget for A Way To Die.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: SCANDAL SHEET - Suspense Thriller
Producer: Gary Foster (Ghost Rider)
Director: Steven Sodebergh (Ocean's Eleven)
STARRING - Actor: Leonardo Dicaprio (Titanic)
STARRING - Actress: Jessica Alba (Honey)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Donald Sutherland (Instinct)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Eva Mendes (Stuck On You)

Premise: A reporter (DiCaprio) investigates a string of stripjoints in LA after the most recent muder of a stripper (Mendes), only to find that a Senator (Sutherland) is a constant customer. He has to make a choice, give up his expose or his girlfriend (Alba).

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: A WAY TO DIE - Suspense Thriller
Producer: Samuel R. Bottoms
Director: William Friedkin (The Hunted)
STARRING - Actress: Jamie-Lynn DiScala (Sopranos)
STARRING - Actor: David Boreanaz (Angel)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Michelle Trachtenberg (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Elias Koteas (Collateral Damage)

Premise: A girl (DiScala) and her sister (Trachtenberg) are unwittingly trapped into a web of lies and deceipt by her stalker-boyfriend (Boreanaz), will they be able to find help in the form of a detective (Koteas)?

Last edited by PsychoCop : 06-24-2004 at 06:13 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:12 AM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Definately following this one... trying to get a feel for if this is a game I'd like to try out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:23 AM   #7
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

DiCaprio? Blech!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #8
PsychoCop
Mascot

Oct 2004

A couple of scripts come in. Fourth And Goal is nearing completion, ANOTHER Suspense Thriller. Legend, I Got Mobbed! and Rough & Tough are sent back to the writers for rewrites.

Film Rights Purchased:

Aha! - Comedy
The Last One - Suspense Thriller

Aha! looks like a sure winner, whil The Last One is ANOTHER Suspense Thriller that we bought. I should stop this spree for Suspense Thrillers.

Nov 2004

Francis Ford Coppolla DIES.

Another big lot of screenplays make their way to my desk. I take a deep breath and hope to God that one of them is actually going to be filmable. After a few DAYS of reading with my script team... I decide to send several scripts back to rewrite, while a good 3 or 4 films are in for polishing. We've already lost about 500 million... we need to make money and FAST.

Movie Progress:

Hollywood Mogul goes into Production

Dec 2004

And another boatload of scripts to browse through. This ain't an easy job, folks! Most of the movies are sent back for improvements, but now we've got two movies READY to cast! Fourth And Goal, and Captain America are both ready to CAST. We decide to shelve Fourth And Goal first since we've already got several Suspense Thrillers in the works, and concentrate on Captain America. We send out the script, and we get a lot of calls... notable ones from George Lucas and Vin Diesel. We're pressured to make a high-budget, star-studded film... so we take a risk and get both men on board. We get a nice character actor to create the Red Skull. On top of that, we gave them a harrowing schedule to follow... as we expect this movie to be finished within 5 months.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: CAPTAIN AMERICA - Action Adventure
Producer: Bob Weinstein (Lord Of The Rings)
Director: George Lucas (Star Wars)
STARRING - Actor: Vin Diesel (xXx)
STARRING - Actor: Brian Cox (X2)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Scarlett Johansson (Lost In Translation)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Ian McKellen (Lord Of The Rings)
SUPPORTING - Actor: James Franco (Spiderman)

Premise: Set in the present day, a soldier, Steve Rogers (Diesel) is slain in Afghanistan following an ambush led by a man named Skull (Cox), the encounter leaves Skull horribly disfigured, while the soldier is brought into a secret Army program directed by a scientific genius (McKellen). The soldier is revived and put into an intesive training program and given the codename Captain America, and a technical contact, Bucky (Franco). The Skull decides to invade the Continental US. Captain America must now protect America and his wife (Johansson) from the clutches of the Skull.

Movie Progress:

Captain America goes into Pre-Production
Scandal Sheet goes into Production
A Way To Die goes into Production
Hollywood Mogul goes into Post-Production
Old 06-24-2004, 10:21 PM   #9
PsychoCop
Mascot

Jan 2005

Lawrence Gordon RETIRES

We get a note from the Academy Awards telling us that since we haven't released a movie the entire year, they won't be inviting us to the Awards. Talk about assholes!

Several scripts are a month or two away from being complete. Meanwhile, Aha! is now READY. We're gripped whether to give it a blockbuster appeal or go risky and take relatively unkown comedians.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: AHA! - Comedy
Producer: Brian Grazer (Blue Crush)
Director: Clint Eastwood (Mystic River)
STARRING - Actor: George Clooney (Ocean's Eleven)
STARRING - Actress: Jennifer Connelly (A Beautiful Mind)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Heather Graham (Bowfinger)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Ray Liotta (Goodfellas)

Premise: A man (Clooney) comes out of a coma only to discover that he has two wives (Connelly & Graham), not only that, but he owes a lot of money to an exccentric mobster (Ray Liotta).

Movie Progress:

Captain America goes into Production
A Way To Die goes into Post-Production
Scandal Sheet goes into Post-Production

Feb 2005

Kevin Smith pitches an insanely horrible script to me. I say HELL NO.

Several scripts come in. Routine, routine, routine. We now excounter a fork in the road. We just have enough money to finance one big movie. Two scripts are now READY, both bound to be BIG. What do you think should I do?

ROBOTECH - Science Fiction
or
MUSKETEER - Action Adventure
Old 06-25-2004, 12:31 AM   #10
PsychoCop
Mascot

Feb 2005

After several meetings... we throw three sheets to the wind and cast both films anyway... So, we're casting this new epic Musketeer... a sightly darker and much more historically biased version of the Three Musketeers. We basically hold a Lord Of The Rings reunion as Peter Jackson, Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen are picked up to join on the movie.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: MUSKETEER - Action Adventure
Producer: Avi Arad (Spiderman)
Director: Peter Jackson (Lord Of The Rings)
STARRING - Actor: Orlando Bloom (Lord Of The Rings)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Viggo Mortensen (Lord Of The Rings)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Benicio Del Toro (21 Grams)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Ethan Hawke (Training Daye)

Premise: Dartanion (Bloom) seeks to avenge his father's death by becoming a Musketeer. Three Musketeers (Mortensen, Del Toro and Hawke) teach him the ways of the order, and help him in his quest to find his father's murderer.

Robotech on the other hand is a real-life version of the 80's English animation series based on the Japanese cult-classic Macross. We throw everything we've got into this movie and hire Steven Spielberg as director AND producer. We then decide not to have big names headline this film... a calculated risk.. although we did try to spice up the Supporting cast by having Kevin Spacey and Dustin Hoffman jump in.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: ROBOTECH - Science Fiction
Producer: Steven Spielberg (Minority Report)
Director: Steven Spielberg (Minority Report)
STARRING - Actor: Tom Welling (Smallville)
STARRING - Actress: Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Caribbean)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Thomas Jane (The Punisher)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Kip Pardue (Driven)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Kevin Spacey (The Negotiator)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Lindsay Lohan (Freaky Friday)
CAMEO - Actor : Dustin Hoffman (Hook)

Premise: Set in 2062, Rick Hunter (Welling) joins the Robo-Defense Force in the urging of his cousin, Roy Fokker(Jane). A series of events unfold that lead him into the middle of a full-scale war between Earth and gigantic aliens led by a maniacal tyrant (Spacey) in a dispute over a spaceship, the SDF-1 captained by an old, but capable admiral (Hoffman). Rick is now trapped between his duty to defend earth, his budding romance with SDF-1 dispatch Lisa (Knightley) and former childhood sweetheart, now mega-popstar Lynn (Lohan).

Original Scripts Written:

Yo Momma - Comedy

Movie Progress:

Musketeer goes into Pre-Production
Robotech goes into Pre-Production

Last edited by PsychoCop : 06-25-2004 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:36 AM   #11
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

good read I like the pace too
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:30 AM   #12
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22
good read I like the pace too

ditto.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-25-2004, 09:07 AM   #13
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Robotech by Spielberg. I'm in heaven!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:24 AM   #14
Bee
Pro Starter

I'm looking forward to Captain America myself. Always been a sucker for a man in a red and blue suit.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:10 PM   #15
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

It aint the super hero if you read the summary:P its more of a secret agent movie...
Old 06-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #16
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22
It aint the super hero if you read the summary:P its more of a secret agent movie...

uhm...I think you need to read it again. It's the same story as the original except set in modern day instead of WWII.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #17
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I stand corrected I read it wrong....was tired last night when I read it...my apologys
Old 06-25-2004, 07:17 PM   #18
PsychoCop
Mascot

Glad you guys are reading! It's much, much appreciated.

Mar 2005

After a few snags that cost us some money, Captain America goes into Post-Production... hopefully in time for a June or July 2005 release. Hollywood Mogul, our block-buster drama film is now available for release. After highly debating when to release it, we decide to put it in May 2005... with full knowledge that every other Studio will probably be putting up their big movies that month. This might change, if Captain America becomes available before May, then we change their release dates.

Fallen Angel and Human Shield are now ready for CASTING. But we decide to wait until the May movie release before we do so.

Movie Progress:

Captain America goes into Post-Production
Hollywood Mogul is now ready for release

We need to get going with buying other scripts, otherwise by 2007, we're going to have trouble pumping out movies.

Apr 2005

FSF is now officially UNDER the black. We're in debt and we're putting our future in the hands of our first films in 2005. Scandal Sheet and A Way To Die are now ready for release. A Way To Die is scheduled for November, while Scandal Sheet will be given a July release. Meanwhile.... Capitol Punshiment and Last Man Standing are now READY. For now we'll be casting Fallen Angel and Human Shield. We get a lot of calls from people who want the lead in Fallen Angel, and see someone we like. But before that, we call up several people in the hopes of finding someone willing to direct and produce such a movie... and we find him... or should I say, them.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: FALLEN ANGEL - Action Adventure
Producer: The Wachowski Brothers (Matrix)
Director: The Wachowski Brothers (Matrix)
STARRING - Actor: Johnny Depp (Pirates Of The Caribbean)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Edward Norton (The Italian Job)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Famke Janssen (X2)

Premise: Marcus (Depp), an angel, is tempted to go into the dark side by a demon, Kael (Norton)... this leads to Marcus' banishment into the human world. Unbeknownst to Marcus, he holds powers that only a gifted woman (Janssen) could unlock. Kael knows that if he could seduce Marcus deeper into the void, he can maniuplate him into destroying Earth... instead, Marcus decides to use his powers for the side of good, and a new superhero is born.

Human Shield looks nice, with Affleck and Washington at the helm, hopefully there's some chemistry there.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: HUMAN SHIELD - Action Adventure
Producer: Bruce Berman (Troy)
Director: M Night Shyamalan (Signs)
STARRING - Actor: Ben Affleck (Paycheck)
STARRING - Actor: Denzel Washington (John Q)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Eric Bana (Hulk)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Charisma Carpenter (Angel)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Jeri Ryan (Star Trek)

Premise: A failed bank robbery leads to the robbers (Washington, Ryan, Bana) kidnapping one of the female police officers in the area (Carpenter), her partner (Affleck) is now under pressure to put a stop to their plans and rescue her.

Movie Progress:

Scandal Sheet is now ready for release - Scheduled July 2005; 2500 Theaters
A Way To Die is now ready for release - Scheduled Nov 2005; 1500 Theaters

American Ninja Redux - Action Adventure

Yes, ladies and gentlemen... we're going to ressurect this god-forsaken movie... and do it BETTER! Hoo-Ha!

May 2005

Clooney's asking for 1 mil to compensate for the soiled suit he had in Aha! Punk-ass actor. His movie better make it big. Anyway, scripts come in... and The Last One is now READY to cast. We've got a lot of uncasted scripts... and everything is going to depend on the new few months.

CAPTAIN AMERICA is now ready for release, just in time for the May movie openings! Hoo-ah!

Movie Progress:

Robotech goes into Production
Musketeer goes into Production
Aha! goes into Post-Production
Captain America is now ready for release - Scheduled for May 2005; 3500 Theaters
Old 06-26-2004, 04:20 AM   #19
PsychoCop
Mascot

Quote:
When freedom is in peril...
When a madman will stop at nothing...
Only one man can save the day...
This summer...
Prepare for the RED... WHITE... and BLUE...
Vin Diesel...
CAPTAIN AMERICA

CAPTAIN AMERICA - *****
Producer: Bob Weinstein (Lord Of The Rings) - ****
Director: George Lucas (Star Wars) - *****
STARRING - Actor: Vin Diesel (xXx) - ****
STARRING - Actor: Brian Cox (X2) - *****
SUPPORTING - Actress: Scarlett Johansson (Lost In Translation) - ****
SUPPORTING - Actor: Ian McKellen (Lord Of The Rings) - ****
SUPPORTING - Actor: James Franco (Spiderman) - ***

Budget Rating: *****
Script-To-Film: ****
Advertising: *****
Star Appeal: ***

Domestic Box Office Gross: $202,542,000
Foreign Box Office Gross: $304,777,000
Total Worldwide Gross: $507,319,000

Domestic Revenue: $101,271,000
Foreign Revenue: $152,388,000
Total Domestic Ancilliaries: $255,815,000
Total Foreign Ancilliaries: $72,616,000

Total Studio Revenue: $582,091,000
Total Expenses: $276,037,000

Studio Net Gain: $306,053,000
Total Studio Cash Increase: $582,091,000

Notes: Brian Cox was absolutely amazing in this movie. He definitely outshone everyone else with his amazing portrayal of a modern-day Red Skull. Columbia Tri Star released the nearest Domestic Box Office Gross earning movie... a Science Fiction flick directed by Michael Mann, starring Tom Hanks, Nicole Kidman and Nicholas Cage... it earned $178 Million.

Last edited by PsychoCop : 06-26-2004 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:19 AM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

Wow, great work on Captain America...

There's a part of me that wishes the production of this one was real

Quote:
Old 06-27-2004, 10:58 PM   #21
PsychoCop
Mascot

Jun 2005

We're back in the black... currently at $129,929,000... hopefully the next few releases will add to that figure. Hollywood Mogul is pushed forward, and instead of a December release, we've set it to release at the end of this month. We're a bit weary about releasing it in the middle of the summer... but we're hoping that Gibson will be able to draw in the crowds, much like he did with that Christ movie of his. Several scripts come back in... none of them worthy of casting as of yet. Now that we've got money, we decide to cast four movies... two suspense thrillers a western and a comedy.

The Rock... in a WESTERN!

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: LAST MAN STANDING - Western
Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer (Pearl Harbor)
Director: Sam Raimi (Spiderman)
STARRING - Actor: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (Walking Tall)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Ed Harris (Radio)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Morgan Freeman (Along Came A Spider)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Scarlett Johansson (Lost In Translation)

Premise: A wandering gunslinger (Johnson) is on a quest, looking for his father (Freeman). He finds him in a town controlled by a corrupt sherriff (Harris), and finds that getting his father out would be very, very hard. On top of all that, the sherriff's daughter (Johansson) falls madly in love with him. Now he's got to fight his way out, until he's the last man standing.

A football movie/suspense thriller... yay!

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: FOURTH AND GOAL - Suspense Thriller
Producer: Samuel R. Bottoms
STARRING - Actor: Colin Farrell (SWAT)
STARRING - Actor: Brad Pitt (Troy)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Ray Liotta (Goodfellas)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Amanda Peet (The Whole Nine Yards)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Michelle Rodriguez (SWAT)

Premise: In the eve of the Superbowl, the wife (Peet) of the Chicago Bears Star QB (Farrell) is kidnapped by a group working under New York's biggest crime family (Pitt, Liotta, Rodriguez). They make him an offer that he cannot refuse.

A light comedy...

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: CAPITOL PUNISHMENT - Comedy
Producer: Harvey Weinstein (Lord Of The Rings)
Director: Phil Alden Robinson (The Sum Of All Fears)
STARRING - Actor: Martin Lawrence (Blue Streak)
STARRING - Actress: Shannon Elizabeth (13 Ghosts)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Ben Stiller (Zoolander)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Tia Carrere (Wayne's World)

Premise: A disgruntled prison guard (Lawrence) and his partner (Carrere) have a brief unpleasant encounter with the Mayor of his town (Stiller). The Mayor's assistant (Elizabeth) frames the Mayor for a crime he didn't commit, so now he's got to spend time behind bars. Comedy ensues.

And another Suspense Thriller to top it all off...

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: THE LAST ONE - Suspense Thriller
Producer: Michael Mann (Ali)
Director: Michael Mann (Ali)
STARRING - Actor: Sean Penn (Mystic River)
STARRING - Actress: Eva Mendes (Stuck On You)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Jamie Lyn DiScala (Sopranos)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Mila Kunis (That 70's Show)
SUPPORTING - Actor: David Boreanaz (Angel)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Michael Madsen (Kill Bill)

Premise: A group of strangers are trapped in an abandoned hotel, one of them is killing everyone off... will they be able to find out who it is, or will the killer be able to take everyone's life?

Army Of Darkness: Hail To The King - Action Adventure Comedy

We're reviving Army Of Darkness... for the sake of the MILLIONS, AND MILLIONS of undying fans!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:23 PM   #22
PsychoCop
Mascot

HOLLYWOOD MOGUL - Drama - *****
Producer: Arnon Milchan (Daredevil) - ***
Director: Quentin Tarentino (Kill Bill) - ****
STARRING - Actor: Mel Gibson (Passion Of The Christ) - *****
STARRING - Actress: Catherine Zeta-Jones (America's Sweethearts) - *****
SUPPORTING - Actor: Elijah Wood (Lord Of The Rings) - ***
SUPPORTING - Actor: Tom Welling (Smallville) - ****
SUPPORTING - Actress: Kathy Bates (Titanic) - *****
SUPPORTING - Actress: Mila Kunis (That 70's Show) - *****

Budget Rating: **
Script-To-Film: ****
Advertising: *****

Domestic Box Office Gross: $65,882,000
Foreign Box Office Gross: $33,070,000
Total Worldwide Gross: $98,952,000

Domestic Revenue: $32,941,000
Foreign Revenue: $16,535,000
Total Domestic Ancilliaries: $15,252,000
Total Foreign Ancilliaries: $6,510,000

Total Studio Revenue: $71,238,000
Total Expenses: $172,216,000

Studio Net Gain: -$100,978,000
Total Studio Cash Increase: $71,238,000

Notes: It was a good flick, unfortunately the other studios came out with blockbuster films. 20th Century Fox came out with a big comedy hit, starring Bruce Campbell and Jennifer Connelly raking in $397,000,000 Worldwide. It was a major flop that cost us over 100 mil... ouch. Gibson is going to have to work hard to come back after this disaster. Big Budget drama is a risky business indeed.

Last edited by PsychoCop : 06-28-2004 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:07 AM   #23
PsychoCop
Mascot

Jul 2005

After one month of being the black, we drop down BIG. We're 200 million under... ugh. Scandal Sheet is coming out at the end of the month... and we're dreading another flop...

Movie Progress:

Robotech goes into Post Production
Fallen Angel goes into Production
Human Shield goes into Production
Musketeer goes into Post Production

Sequels:

Captain America 2 - Action Adventure

We decide to go ahead and write a sequel to Captain America.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:09 AM   #24
PsychoCop
Mascot

SCANDAL SHEET - Suspense Thriller
Producer: Gary Foster (Ghost Rider)
STARRING - Actor: Leonardo Dicaprio (Titanic)
STARRING - Actress: Jessica Alba (Honey)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Donald Sutherland (Instinct)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Eva Mendes (Stuck On You)

Domestic Box Office Gross: $135,668,000
Foreign Box Office Gross: $203,730,000
Total Worldwide Gross: $339,398,000

Domestic Revenue: $67,834,000
Foreign Revenue: $147,061,000
Total Domestic Ancilliaries: $101,865,000
Total Foreign Ancilliaries: $55,764,000

Total Studio Revenue: $372,514,000
Total Expenses: $140,930,000

Studio Net Gain: $231,584,000
Total Studio Cash Increase: $372,514,000

Notes: We lead the pack, by coming back BIG in the foreign gross. We win the race by only 3 mil over New Line Cinema and Universal Studios. I have a bug on my screen and cannot see the star ratings. Will edit them when the Academy Awards come rolling by. This was a big movie... considering it made almost as much revenue as Captain America.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:08 AM   #25
PsychoCop
Mascot

Pardon the disappearance of this thread for a while. My CD-ROM quit on me, and I had to replace it... it's alright now!

Aug 2005

Back in the black with about 30 million in the bank. Sheesh. Making movies definitely ain't no joke. Legend is now ready for casting, while several other scripts will be going back to the writers.

Aha! is now ready and scheduled for a December 2005 release. That makes 5 movie releases for this year.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: LEGEND - Drama
Producer: Brian Grazer (Blue Crush)
Director: Oliver Stone (Any Given Sunday)
STARRING - Actor: Samuel L. Jackson (SWAT)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Jada Pinkette Smith (Matrix)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Billy Crudup (Almost Famous)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Cuba Gooding Jr. (Radio)

Premise: Dallas Cowboy football legend Jimmy Smith (Jackson) is rejected the coaching job he was promised at the end of the season. Dallas instead goes for a younger, new-blood coach (Crudup). Smith instead, is given an assistant-coaching job... which tears him apart while his daughter (Smith) is seeing the starting RB for the team (Gooding).

Movie Progress:

Aha! Ready for release
Legend goes into Pre Production

Film Rights Purchased:

Crash Course - Science Fiction

We buy a disaster movie, since we've got money this month. Expect our dough to plummet in the next few months.

Sep 2005

The movies are all going well... and looks like we'll need to come up with more scripts before the year ends. I Got Mobbed! is now READY.

Quote:
CASTING SHEET: I GOT MOBBED! - Comedy
Producer: Walter F. Parkes (Gladiator)
Director: Martin Scorsese (Goodfellas)
STARRING - Actor: Jude Law (Enemy At The Gates)
STARRING - Actor: John Travolta (Swordfish)
SUPPORTING - Actress: Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Seth Green (Austin Powers)
SUPPORTING - Actor: Alam Rickman (Harry Potter)

Premise: A store clerk (Law) is unwittingly drawn into the feud between a mobster's right hand man (Travolta) and the leader of a British gang (Rickman). Several unfortunate circumstances lead to him and his friends (Jovovich and Green) in a wacky quest to try and stop the violence in their quaint little town.

Movie Progress:

I Got Mobbed! goes into Pre-Production
Fallen Angel goes into Post Production
Last Man Standing goes into Production
Fourth And Goal goes into Production
Human Shield goes into Post Production
Capitol Punishment goes into Production
The Last One goes into Prodution

Oct 2005

The Wachowski's just told me that they were planning to use some new special effects for Fallen Angel... and it would cost the Studio an additional $33.75 million. I decide to give it to them... but not before getting their assurance the the damn movie would gross big in the box office. Meanwhile, some minor shooting delays cost us a combined $6 mil for Capitol Punishment and The Last One. Scrips come and go, no new scripts to cast. Other than the usual stress and the phonecalls from debt-collectors, I'm peachy.

Movie Progress:

Last Man Standing goes into Post-Production
Fourth And Goal goes into Post-Production
Capitol Punishment goes into Post-Production
The Last One Standing goes into Post-Production
Old 07-10-2004, 03:53 AM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

Yay, it's back!

Quote:
Old 07-10-2004, 04:49 AM   #27
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Welcome back! Looking forward to more.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:13 PM   #28
PsychoCop
Mascot

Nov 2005

Musketeer costs us an additional $13.5 mil due to special effects. Several scripts come my way, none of them ready yet. A Way To Die, our semi-low budget flick will be out at the end of the month...here's to hoping for a good release.

Hearts Of Iron - Historical Epic
Mr. Nice Guy - Comedy

Movie Progress:

Legend goes into Production
Old 07-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #29
PsychoCop
Mascot

A Way To Die - ****
Producer: Samuel R. Bottoms - ****
Director: William Friedkin - ****
STARRING - Actress: Jamie-Lynn DiScala - *****
STARRING - Actor: David Boreanaz - *****
SUPPORTING - Actress: Michelle Trachtenberg - ***
SUPPORTING - Actor: Elias Kosteas - ****

Budget Rating: ***
Script-To-Film: ***
Advertising: **

Domestic Box Office Gross: $31,940,000
Foreign Box Office Gross: $48,430,000
Total Worldwide Gross: $80,370,000

Total Studio Revenue: $98,045,000
Total Expenses: $69,901,000

Studio Net Gain: $28,144,000
Total Studio Cash Increase: $98,045,000

Notes: Well, we didn't break the bank with this movie, although we ended dead-last in the box-office take, garnering only 4% of the entire market. BUT, we did earn money with this low-budget flick, and our two starring roles were remarkably performed well by DiScala and Boreanaz.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #30
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Yo. Neon Chaos here. Formerly known as yes, the PsychoCop. I'm thinking about making a new HM dynasty. I will be going for something similar to this.

(and of course, I want to make the movies I wasn't able to make. Army Of Darkness: Hail To the King WILL BE RELEASED! Muhahahahahahahahaha!)
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:44 AM   #31
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Do it!
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #32
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed this the last time, please continue.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote