Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
kcchief19
Pro Starter

This time Hollywood has gone too far!

Quote:
Lohan Has Digital Breast Reduction
Teen actress Lindsay Lohan's breasts have been digitally reduced for forthcoming Disney film Herbie: Fully Loaded, to avoid offending family audiences. Test screenings for the new movie, the fourth sequel to the 1968 film The Love Bug about a Volkswagen Beetle car with a mind of its own, indicated that some parents felt Lohan's character Maggie Peyton was too raunchy for a children's film. Disney technicians were forced to plough through numerous scenes - especially those showing the busty actress jumping up and down at a motor racing track, reducing her breasts by two cup sizes and raising revealing necklines on her T-shirts. Amused at her digital bosom reduction, Lohan says, "I don't know how Renee Zellweger kept swelling and shrinking for Bridget Jones. It's no fun. Bring on the computer guys."
In an unrelated story, the projected opening weekend gross for Herbie: Fully Loaded has been downgraded by 98 percent.

kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

How do you get that job?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #3
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

this is a crime against humanity.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:35 PM   #4
FBPro
College Starter

Concur, though IRL she's already committed the same crime by turning into a "stick-figure".
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #5
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

I'm surprised there was enough time to get her away from her powder diet to get a comment.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:40 PM   #6
RendeR
Coordinator

Just another example of corporate fuckheads catering to every prim and proper conservative commentary. Its how she physically LOOKS people, good grief.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #7
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

were you all planning to see this movie?
Old 06-06-2005, 10:50 PM   #8
RendeR
Coordinator

Not for an instant, but it doesn't make what they did right either. just all the more lame because they did this to what is obviously a sucks ballz movie in the first place.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:05 AM   #9
Desnudo
Coordinator

Movie studios are digitally altering breasts to make them look smaller? We are through the looking glass, people.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #10
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm... Odd..

My Seismowhogivesafuckograph didn't register.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:42 AM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Maybe they should go back and digitally enhance Don Knotts into Robert Redford.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:26 AM   #12
rkmsuf
Head Coach

They need new focus groups.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #13
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

If they can do work like this and still make everything look real and untouched, I'd say that is pretty cool.

That they actually did it is not cool.

Does anyone really think the kids are going to notice a little extra bouncing? This was the only thing that would make it worthwhile to see this movie with their kids.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #14
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Maybe this is why:

Quote:
Study: G-rated movies most profitable
Film industry produces many more R-rated flicks
The Associated Press
Updated: 8:21 a.m. ET June 7, 2005

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - A study commissioned by a group that encourages the production of family friendly movies found that G-rated movies are more profitable than R-rated films, yet far more of the racier films get made.

The study, released Tuesday by The Dove Foundation, showed that the average G-rated flick was 11 times more profitable than its R-rated counterpart, but the film industry made more than 12 times as many R-rated as G-rated movies from 1989-2003.

The study examined the costs and revenues associated with the 200 most widely distributed films released by major Hollywood studios each year over the 15-year period. All the figures used were limited to the first two years of each movie’s release.

There were 2,982 films studied. The number was less than 3,000 because some movies were among the top 200 for two years.

Slightly more than half, or 51.4 percent, of the releases received an R rating from the Motion Picture Association of America. The next-most popular ratings category was PG-13 at 28.4 percent, followed by PG at 16.1 percent and G at 4.1 percent.

While the average G-rated movie earned a $79 million profit, the average R-rated film was $6.9 million in the black, the study said.

An average film with a PG rating was more profitable ($28.3 million) than a PG-13-rated one ($23.5 million).

“Basically, what we’re pointing out is, what is considered to be conventional wisdom in Hollywood does not hold up when you look at the actual profitability and compare it with what the people want,” said Dick Rolfe, founder and chairman of the Grand Rapids-based organization.

His group recently criticized Burger King Corp. for a children’s promotion linked to “Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith” because the hit movie is rated PG-13.

The study used figures provided by Kagan Research LLC, a Monterey, Calif.-based media business research firm. Grand Valley State University’s Siedman College of Business then analyzed the numbers, Rolfe said.

Messages seeking comment on the study were left at the MPAA’s press office in Washington.

“I have been speaking and writing about this phenomenon, literally, for 14 years,” said film critic, book author and nationally syndicated radio talk show host Michael Medved.

His 1992 book, “Hollywood vs. America,” devotes a chapter to a computer study in which he compared the box office receipts of all 600 movies that Hollywood released a year earlier. Medved found the average PG-rated film performed three times better than the average R-rated picture in 1991.

Then again, just thinking about consumer economics, if there are fewer G rated movies, of course they're going to be more profitable since there is less competition. Three G rated movies come out this year and a family sees all three of them. 100 R rated movies come out this year and there is no way a family will see all of them.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:06 AM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
If they can do work like this and still make everything look real and untouched, I'd say that is pretty cool.

That they actually did it is not cool.

Does anyone really think the kids are going to notice a little extra bouncing? This was the only thing that would make it worthwhile to see this movie with their kids.
I disagree. Do you really think kids will care about the bouncing? Furthermore, it would at least be a draw for men to see the movie with their kids.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #16
rkmsuf
Head Coach

those results are very affected by the phenominal success of just a couple Pixar and animated movies.

I'd be curious as to the live action G-rated numbers.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #17
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I disagree. Do you really think kids will care about the bouncing? Furthermore, it would at least be a draw for men to see the movie with their kids.

That is exactly what I said.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
That is exactly what I said.
Ooops...my bad. My argument with you from another thread bled over into this one.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #19
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Ooops...my bad. My argument with you from another thread bled over into this one.

No worries, I probably wasn't clear in my original statement.

I think it is very cool that the technology is available to do something like this without it being obvious that anything was changed (can't say that it isn't obvious without seeing the movie). Actually making this kind of change for the stated reason seems pretty stupid.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:43 AM   #20
samifan24
Pro Starter

This is a disappointment.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #21
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Just another example of corporate fuckheads catering to every prim and proper conservative commentary. Its how she physically LOOKS people, good grief.

But a large part of the market that they are seeking are the prim and proper conservatives, and as such they cater the movie to them. That is how you make money in that business.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 AM   #22
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It's a Disney flick: what was she doing wearing T-shirts with revealing necklines in the first place?

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll be in a wet T-shirt contest in a forthcoming movie soon for all of you...
Old 06-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #23
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

I heard they did a similar thing with Ewan McGregor's schlong in Revenge of the Sith.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #24
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez
I heard they did a similar thing with Ewan McGregor's schlong in Revenge of the Sith.

Priceless.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #25
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I feared this day would come: technology is finally being used for evil.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:03 AM   #26
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Priceless.

Thank you. I will be appearing at the Laugh Factory in LA on July 16 . . . . .
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:07 AM   #27
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
They need new focus groups.

My thoughts exactly...
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #28
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
A study commissioned by a group that encourages the production of family friendly movies found that G-rated movies are more profitable than R-rated films, yet far more of the racier films get made.

But I'm sure the first third of that sentence has nothing to do with the middle third.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote