Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
markprior22
High School Varsity

Elicense problems

Hoping someone can give me some help here. I've had this problem for a while but it became an issue a couple months ago when my hard drive had to be reformatted.

When I right click on a program icon that is run by elicense, I don't get an option to "unlicense". When I go into control panel and double click (or right click) on elicense control icon, nothing happens. It doesn't open.

Anyway, because of this, I couldn't unlicense my programs before reformatting. After reformatting, I installed games again, contacted elicense and they restored licenses for me (I've probably got 7 games that are run with elicense). I thought the issue might resolve itself after the reformat, but the same problem occurred again. I got kind of a verbal scolding from elicense about not unlicensing games before reformatting. I sent elicense an email explaining the above problems I'm having and have received no response. Also, I had brought this to their attention previously and got no response but I let it go because everything was ok at the time.

Now it's a problem because I'm afraid if I have issues again, it won't be so easy to get my licenses back. I've had great luck with elicense in the past when it comes to restoring or unlocking a license but it seems like they can't figure this out so they are ignoring the problem.

Anyone have an idea as to what might be happening? I run Win XP Home SP2. Also run Norton Internet Security (the problem was occurring long before I bought this program).

markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
Joe
Pro Starter

elicense actually responded to you?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Is it a LicCtrl issue? If that service is not running it will hose everything for elicense.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
dl5175
n00b

Had the same problem. They never responded to me so I reformatted and I was able to license but I lost my box scores in fbcb and I still can not open the elicense in control panel. Also using xp2.
dl5175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
markprior22
High School Varsity

Yeah, I've always had real good luck with elicense when it comes to the typical stuff. But this is a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow5
Is it a LicCtrl issue? If that service is not running it will hose everything for elicense.

What is LicCtrl? Can I get it back?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
Yeah, I've always had real good luck with elicense when it comes to the typical stuff. But this is a different story.

What is LicCtrl? Can I get it back?

you have xp right?

goto my computer, right click and choose manage.

then goto services and look for LicCtrl and be sure its set to automatic and apply.

then reboot computer.

and try to see if you can unlicense.

Last edited by jbmagic : 06-07-2005 at 08:16 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
markprior22
High School Varsity

Hey JB...thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Everything seems to be set up correctly in that area.