Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-31-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
theclassic
n00b

Post 1980 Player File (516 Real Players)

I recently finished a player file based on the year 1980. There are over 500 real players included. You can download the player file at:

hxxp://home.ripway.com/2005-5/318001/FOF1980PlayerFile.zip

Readme:

This file contains 491 real players from the 1980 season, as well as 25 players from around that era, for a total of 516 players all together. I made no effort in trying to assign the correct team to each player, or include a player's draft history. Because of this I would suggest selecting the complete draft, or a preference draft button when starting a new game, when using this player file.

I added 25 players that either retired (Roger Staubach), or were playing in other leagues (Tom Cousineau). These players are listed at the end of the roster file .csv so if you would like them removed, just simply delete their names at the bottom. The players added had retired in either 1978 or 1979. I brought them out of retirement to bring some more entertaininment value in this historically based player file. The oldest player I brought out of retirement is Fran Tarkenton, who is playing in his 20 year in this roster file.

Players birthday, high school, and college data is almost 100% accurate. This information was found in Total Football: The Official Enyclopedia of the NFL by Bob Carroll, Total Sports. A few players played high school football in towns that aren't programmed in the game, so I listed their hometowns as bigger cities within their birth state.

Please contact me at classic3283 at hotmail.com, or at the Front Office Football Central message board, if you have any questions or suggestions. If you are going to start a multi-player league based on this file please let me know, as I may be interested in joining as an owner, and could provide draft files.

theclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:57 PM   #2
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

If you want me to host it on the historic site, let me know.

(just for the record - you do not have the players with the teams, is this right?) If so, this would not be a roster file, but a draft file?
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 05-31-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
theclassic
n00b

I think the hosting site I have no is fairly reliable, but it would also be nice to have a second host, that's even more reliable. So if you host this file on your site, I would be thankful.

And yes, I didn't bother in trying to match the players to the correct teams. However I still consider this a roster file, because I created it with the roster file program with FOF, and most of the players aren't rookies, which is the case with a traditional draft file.

Last edited by theclassic : 05-31-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
jbmagic
Pro Starter

so by default these players are randomly put on teams right?

how did you based the ratings on the players when you created the roster?

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:48 PM   #5
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclassic
If you are going to start a multi-player league based on this file

VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:50 PM   #6
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:26 PM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

*drool*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:44 PM   #8
theclassic
n00b

If you start without using the complete, or preference draft. The players will end up as free agents when you begin your career.

I based the ratings basically on knowledge I have of the game, career statistics, and with lineman, I based them on past season awards.