Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
maximus
Banned

Ping:Sim Racing fans (GTR Racing)

As some of you already know, I'm a big fan of NASCAR racing sims. However, I love road racing just as much. There is a new racing sim that was released in Europe (or parts of it) last year. It's called GTR. Just some bits and pieces from their site;

Quote:
100% authentic racing guaranteed!
GTR is the most realistic racing simulation ever. Experience the original FIA GT Championship first-hand on your PC as you pit your skills against over 70 different opponents on all 10 legendary race courses such as Magny-Cours, Barcelona, and Monza. Developed by racing professionals, GTR is the most realistic racing experience ever.

Features:
*Original FIA GT Series cars and courses
*3 playing modes for newcomers, experienced players and simulation pros* *including intense multiplayer action
*Real racing teams featuring over 70 race cars, including the Porsche 911, Viper GTS-R, BMW Z3 M and Ferrari 550 Maranello
*Highly realistic opponent AI giving a total race experience!
*Dynamic weather changes during the race
*Unrestricted game save and reload function
*MOTEC Analysis Software: GTR uses the analysis software used by real racing teams
*Based on real-life FIA GT team telemetry data
*Live Track Technology: course conditions change as the race progresses
*Online: Download additional game content from www.gtr-game.com

I currently play the demo which is very good and it can be easily found on their site. Since there will be no North American release, it is being released via a "world release" this coming week (March 11th). Like I said - GTR has been released already in some parts but the world release will be in english.

I just wanted to pass this along for those who love sim racing and didn't know about GTR. Personally I love the FIA GT racing series and this sim really gets close to being the real thing.

GTR official website

GTR forums

Last edited by maximus : 03-07-2005 at 10:37 PM.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ferrari 550 Maranello

I have had the pleasure of driving one of these in real life. Driving any car, no matter how nice, has never been the same.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #3
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I have had the pleasure of driving one of these in real life. Driving any car, no matter how nice, has never been the same.

Lucky.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
maximus
Banned

Anyone else have a chance to pick this great driving sim up?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
maximus
Banned

Not sure if there is anyone interested (no replies so far) but an Aussie V8 mod was recently just released for this sim. Also, there is a Formula 1 mod in the works as well.

Aussie mod info:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=207333

F1 mod info;

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=209136

Last edited by maximus : 05-31-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
thetrilogy
Mascot

My favorite racing games, for PC of course:

Sports Car GT. Released in '99 by Electornic Arts. It runs on WinXP and is still a great racing sim to play.

F1 Racing Championship. Released by Ubiosoft in '?? Graphics and speed are spot on in this version. Runs great on WinXP. I lost my disc and found one on ebay to replace it.

Superbike 2001 by EA Sports in '00. This game is a motorscycle racing sim, and is played with a gamepad. But don't be fooled, it is a racing sim. Very engrossing, involved and intense racing.

Last edited by thetrilogy : 05-31-2005 at 10:29 AM.
thetrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote