Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2003, 12:56 AM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

Question Hattrick Arena Size Question

I currently have around 200K. I used that arena calc. thing on:
http://www.databased.at/hattrick/index.asp

and it says I should have 13K seats for average run, which I would like to build to. It would cost 180K in total. My supporter size is 548 (supporter IS fanclub, right?)... would it be wise to do so, leaving me kind of almost in debt?

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The rule of thumb most people use is 20x your supporters if your team isn't that good or about 25x if you are good (ie challenging for a league title). Don't overestimate how good you are. If you aren't that great, look at doing 20x or else you will have seats that just sit there and you'll have to pay extra upkeep: as you lose you start losing supporters or at least supporter attitude so unless you have a decent team, you're just wasting money. My supporters have pretty much constantly been high on life (I've gone 8-2 since taking over the team), but even I can't fill 25x my supporter number.

The second consideration is that there is a $30K fee just for building you stadium, whether you do 5 seats or 10000 so make sure you are ready for your stadium upgrade when you do it. I would recommend waiting until your supporters number in the mid 600s to expand and then put yourself in the 13K-15K range. Make sure your supporters are ready if you are going to put down cash on a stadium (to expand to that 13K-15K range, it will cost in the upper 100K-mid 200K range).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 02:50 PM   #3
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
The second consideration is that there is a $30K fee just for building you stadium, whether you do 5 seats or 10000 so make sure you are ready for your stadium upgrade when you do it. I would recommend waiting until your supporters number in the mid 600s to expand and then put yourself in the 13K-15K range. Make sure your supporters are ready if you are going to put down cash on a stadium (to expand to that 13K-15K range, it will cost in the upper 100K-mid 200K range).

SI

Hummm I seem to remember another FOFC dude who had a 7005 seats stadium, can't quite remember the name though. There were a few good comments about it when it came out in another thread

FrogMan
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 03:22 PM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hummm I seem to remember another FOFC dude who had a 7005 seats stadium, can't quite remember the name though. There were a few good comments about it when it came out in another thread

It's illinifan999. But he insists those 5 seats are really, really comfy

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
MikeVic
Head Coach

Ok, thanks! I'll wait then!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote