Old 01-23-2005, 06:44 PM   #52
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I hear Tank Black works for Cole/Nielsen
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:22 PM   #53
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

A crimson-and-gray pox upon you and your line.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:59 PM   #54
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Now Coug. It's not our fault that you are inadequate in the ways of Athletic Debauchery.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:58 AM   #55
ardentrules
n00b

If nothing's been signed yet, ardentrules runs an agency as well...

ardentrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:00 AM   #56
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

How can you say that about Coug, after all, didn't WSU give us Mike Price?
Old 01-31-2005, 06:35 AM   #57
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Its Rolling baby
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:29 AM   #58
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Update today most likely.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:26 PM   #59
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Update today most likely.

Bleh. I toyed with 3ric's draft utility for about 90 minutes today. I can't get Ardent's namesake to save.

Draft hackers (people that have done this before): Any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #60
edeutsch77
n00b

Well, it's good to see that you know what you're talking about, at least.

Keep up the good work, AE.
edeutsch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #61
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry for the lack of updates. Toying with the draft editor has been interesting to say the least. I'll try some more before the Super Bowl.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:45 AM   #62
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I guess the Navy doesn't teach much technical stuff... eh cou'z?

Should have join Coug, we aren't only the best agent, but we know how to do things!!!
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #63
edeutsch77
n00b

I do believe we've lost the ring leader...
Old 04-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #64
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Rob did arrive a few hours later, and he was likely surprised by the area we lived in. Bonne Terre was divided some years ago, so I heard, by the different mining companies in the area. Each made and named their own streets before eventually giving into Mother Bonne Terre (I assume as they made their exit out of the lead mining industry). This led to some beautifully designed streets and homes.

Just not in my area. Whoever designed the area I lived in was on something good. Really good. I live on Long street. Aptly named for being the longest street of the area. I'm also on the corner of C street. Yes, C street. The guy couldn't come up with names so he started naming streets A, B, C, and D.

As you might imagine, the homes were not all that great either. Most were built in the 1920s or so, though some newer dwellings had erupted here and there. One took the place of two condemned homes right across from mine.

Perhaps the funniest thing is my neighbor who has built a fort around his home. The only thing you can see is the front of the home, though I'm sure they'll come up with something to keep you from seeing that as well. A huge, 8 foot wooden fence surrounds the property.
Anyway, Rob and my dad went out to a local bar, and I was left with my playstation and my makeshift weights. Rob instructed me not to touch the weights and to pack my bags. We'd be leaving as soon as he got back, whenever that was.

Must be nice to be driven around in a limo.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:32 AM   #65
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Rob and my dad came in sometime around 1-2 am, I guess. I was woke up sometime around then, and my bags were grabbed and tossed into the limo.

"Come on, Ardent! We don't have all day!" Rob shouted, perhaps a little louder than necessary.

I hugged my dad before I left, and then climbed into the limo. Rob wanted to talk. Super.

"Listen, wee're going to make you a lot of money. You're going to be the first quarterback taaaaken in the drafft. Justin, Justin, Justin and me, we're going to make you the first man taken overall. Don't you worry about it."

Uh huh.

Rob went on for a bit, then broke into a nap. I did the same.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:40 AM   #66
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We arrived in Memphis in the early morning hours. We both climbed out and I grabbed my things. I'd be staying in a hotel near the training facility. We dropped off my things, and then went to Rob's place. After his quick shower, we went to the training facility.

Rob brought me in and introduced me to the coaches I'd be working with over the next few months. He told me I'd work with three in particular. Tony Rodriguez, the track coach, would have the sole purpose of making me faster. Good luck with that, Tony. Dennis Thomas, the strength and conditioning coach, told me we'd focus more on explosiveness. Finally, Ben Lewis, my quarterbacks coach, who had a huge task ahead of him. He had to improve my footwork, fundamentals, and my accuracy. He joked he had to make me into a quarterback.

After meeting with them, Rob took me around to meet the rest of the staff. We went by the small locker room, and I eventually saw J.B. Brewster, my old college teammate, working on the other side of the facility with a running backs coach. Finally, we went into a small office where a staff member, Rob, and Justin explained to me how my day would go.

I'll be picked up and brought here in the morning, where I'll eat and shortly afterward begin the daily routine. Sprints and sprint mechanics first, then on to quarterback fundamentals with Coach Lewis, and then a healthy dose of the gym. Lunch would be squeezed in along the way, and in the late afternoon I'd be free to go.

"We've been making calls to get you into the Senior Bowl. Looks like some kid from LSU isn't interested." Justin told me, "That's your chance. We'll get you down to Mobile the day before it all starts. J.B. and few of your other buddies from Tennessee will be there. We'll be there as well. We'll have a great time."

I was reminded not to do anything stupid, and that if I went out in town, I needed a buddy. I was also told to remember that I'm in training, so try and come in at a reasonable hour.

Each of the coaches met with me individually after that to explain what they wanted to do with me and what they expected out of me. I was also explained what a few scouts thought of me through a report. The short list is I'm slow, undersized, and have bad mechanics. I don't throw a pretty ball either. I have a lot to work on.

Since it was more or less a half day, I eventually did put some work in. The sprints were at half speed and the lifting was light for the day. Coach Lewis did a walkthrough with me on some of the things he noticed on tape about me and how he'd like for me to correct them. I was also introduced to the other two quarterbacks in the facility. Neither were going into the draft. One was a hopeful from a few years previous. They were there to throw to the backs and receivers, though I would be doing some of that as well. It's always nice to have someone to compete against, whether they're a NFL hopeful or not.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:41 PM   #67
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Two weeks later...

I never realized how much I hadn't prepared over my life. These past two weeks make me wish I had worked harder over the years. I can't help but wonder how different things could have been, would have been. Maybe if I had taken time during the winters and summers to work this hard I could have developed into a more efficient quarterback.

Who am I kidding? I played in the National Championship. I'm preparing for the NFL draft. No way I'd change things.

The coaches and assistants have really been working me hard. I've gained a few pounds since I've been here, thanks in part to the meal plans and Coach Thomas. I can't say I'm much faster, but I'd definitely say I'm a little quicker thanks to Coach Rodriguez.

Coach Lewis has really made a big impact on me. Buried in the depth chart at UT, I really didn't get a lot of one on one coaching until this past season. Coach Lewis has really helped me a lot with the finer points of the game. I knew footwork was important, but Coach has really shown me the importance of getting it right every time. We've worked a lot on timing, footwork, accuracy, and my delivery. He jokes he'll make a quarterback out of me some day.

That time better be coming soon. Rob fulfilled his promise and got me into the Senior Bowl. A few of my teammates and JB Brewster were also invited. It'll be great to see the guys again. I haven't seen them since I last left Knoxville. Justin, JB, and I will be travelling to Mobile tomorrow.

The Senior Bowl will be a challenge for me, that's for sure. I'll be able to compete in more of a Pro offense than the Power I we ran last year at UT. Of the years of scout football, we ran a lot of different schemes, depending on the opponent. Coach Fulmer and the staff felt we'd have a better chance of winning with the Power I, so we switched to that. I'd have to say they were right. However, I now have a lot to prove over practice and in the Senior Bowl.

Coach Lewis has worked with me some on what I should expect when I get there playbook wise. Senior Bowl playbooks and defenses are somewhat limited, so Coach has a reasonable idea of what to expect.

Here's to hoping I don't break a leg.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #68
MacroGuru
Coordinator

"Listen up Rookie!"

"Deadlifts, Squats, Cleans, and Plyo's will get that speed up!"

Hehehehe, good to see the name in there....

Now I have more interest than ever!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #69
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

You know, I can really see you making a short stint in NFLEurope and then making it big in the NFL.

That would mean you also need a Foregin Language Coach...
(ahem, may I remind you that I am fluent in French and German as well as English...and 5 out 6 teams in NFLE play in Germany... )
Old 04-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #70
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Trust me, I'm looking at all avenues. CFL, Arena, and NFL Europe.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:31 AM   #71
edeutsch77
n00b

Aaaaaaaaaaaand AE goes into hiding again.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:59 AM   #72
Poli
FOFC Survivor

LOL. I hear ya. I'll see what I can do for an update.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:24 PM   #73
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

To completely thread jack.
Happy birthday, AE. Be sure to check out the HT forum.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:34 PM   #74
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Cha-Ching.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote