Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2005, 12:46 PM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

My dad's future website

Here is the website my friends are working on. It's only about 50% complete and its being done at minimal cost but I was looking for impressions, suggestions, etc. It also has not been activated yet on the web, so this is kind of backdoor, or whatever. Let me know what you all think...I still have to come up with more script,a nd the market will be an interactive area map...etc.

http://www.sugarfarm.com/clients/flaschen

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Needs more Brian Bosworth.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I was expecting www.myoldbosscaneatmyass.com.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #4
Flasch186
Coordinator

no remember, he's having a hard time finding work since he was blackballed...so he's going to crate his own realty company, obviously. anyways, any comments about the site or things we left off (i know I have to plug in some script - but im working on that)

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 05-13-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Good looking site..

Where do you live Flasch? I'm over on Sea Coast Lane in PVB.. Been in this area since graduating from UCF a few years back.

Pretty coincidinky.

Last edited by MylesKnight : 05-13-2005 at 12:51 PM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #6
Flasch186
Coordinator

I live off Kernan and Atlantic....very cool. My parents live over off of Neck rd in PVB. Small world.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 05-13-2005, 12:58 PM   #7
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Nice looking site.

Not sure if "The Market" is intended as a searchable source for listings or what, but I would suggest changing the name of that category to something a bit clearer.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:59 PM   #8
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

It's well laid out, and clutter/crap free. Very professional.

Just a couple of suggestions -

In the "About Us" section, maybe post your Dad's resume or some more details about him, including a nice professional photo. When I'm researching the company I like seeing the details of the principals on their site.

Maybe have the ability to click on the logo at the top to take you back to the main page. The "Home" link is kinda buried at the bottom.

Also maybe add some testimonials? If your Dad has reliable business associates who can attest to his professionalism, wouldn't hurt to put some in there. Those folks could get some PR out of it too with maybe a link to their sites.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Nice looking site.

Not sure if "The Market" is intended as a searchable source for listings or what, but I would suggest changing the name of that category to something a bit clearer.

it started with "area map" but we thought that saying "the market" would sound "financial" like a good investment.

it will have a mpa behind it that will be flash? in that when you roll the mouse over certain portions they light up and then when you click on one it will open up with pictures and a little description of the area.

if not "the market" any suggestions?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 05-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #10
Flasch186
Coordinator

script for your costs:

""The beautiful thing about Flaschen Realty Professionals is that you get all of our experience and servicing usually at no cost to you. That's right, we work for you and the builder pays for us to protect you. What they don't want you to know is that you are paying for us whether or not you have us with you; They've already put it in their price. The major difference is, if you don't bring us with you, they keep that money for themselves and you get no representation. We think it wise for you to have the Professionals on your side. Don't you?"

any suggestions, edits etc. We're looking for short but sweet and team oriented....we're a big team in my famiy and want to convey that too.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 05-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #11
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
it started with "area map" but we thought that saying "the market" would sound "financial" like a good investment.

it will have a mpa behind it that will be flash? in that when you roll the mouse over certain portions they light up and then when you click on one it will open up with pictures and a little description of the area.

if not "the market" any suggestions?
Ah, cool. I like the idea...perhaps "Tour The Market" or something along those lines? Or maybe a visual icon next to "The Market" that says "map" in a splashy bubble or something.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:11 AM   #12
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
What? No hxxp linky? You sure this is work safe?

21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 01:28 AM   #13
Desnudo
Coordinator

It looks clean overall. My only constructive comment is that there's a lot of white on the front page.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:34 AM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nice site. quite professional looking, as it should be.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #15
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Ah, cool. I like the idea...perhaps "Tour The Market" or something along those lines?

I like that suggestion.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:54 AM   #16
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
script for your costs:

""The beautiful thing about Flaschen Realty Professionals is that you get all of our experience and servicing usually at no cost to you. That's right, we work for you and the builder pays for us to protect you. What they don't want you to know is that you are paying for us whether or not you have us with you; They've already put it in their price. The major difference is, if you don't bring us with you, they keep that money for themselves and you get no representation. We think it wise for you to have the Professionals on your side. Don't you?"

any suggestions, edits etc. We're looking for short but sweet and team oriented....we're a big team in my famiy and want to convey that too.

Editing...

At Flaschen Realty Professionals, you receive our services and extensive experience at no cost* (((should mention specifically what the exceptions are somewhere below)))). We work for you. Our fees are paid by the builder and are already built into the cost of your new home. We're on your side. Your needs are unique, and we have the professional experience to help you realize your vision.

Also, and I haven't looked at the web site, but make sure it can be navigated without javascript, java or cookies.

And if you have any advice for me, as I'm trying to get a new home built myself right now and am making a land-scouting trip starting Monday, let me know.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 09:28 AM   #17
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
Editing...

At Flaschen Realty Professionals, you receive our services and extensive experience at no cost* (((should mention specifically what the exceptions are somewhere below)))). We work for you. Our fees are paid by the builder and are already built into the cost of your new home. We're on your side. Your needs are unique, and we have the professional experience to help you realize your vision.

Also, and I haven't looked at the web site, but make sure it can be navigated without javascript, java or cookies.

And if you have any advice for me, as I'm trying to get a new home built myself right now and am making a land-scouting trip starting Monday, let me know.

thanks Jim

I think we're going to use that script exactly

The asterisks are:

"The sale of your existing home will have some costs involved.
Some builder's do not Co-op"

We only know of one, Miranda, but better to cover ourselves.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 05-14-2005, 10:49 AM   #18
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Site looks fine, professional layout etc.

Dunno if its just my browser but it appears to reload the whole thing each time a link from the menu is clicked - this causes a 'flash' when it shows which doesn't normally happen on a 'professional' site but I don't think many people will be bothered by it personally.

A line of corruption shows on my browser (Explorer) from the logo at the top left down into the menu once I start browsing also.

I'd also suggest anti-aliasing the text in the logo's at the top - should be possible in any half-decent paint package.

(I know its only half completed - so you probably know all the above 'bugs' but I thought I'd mention it, content looks fine enough imho)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:00 AM   #19
Anthony
Banned

nice site Flasch, some advice from me:

on the left hand links, move the "About Us" towards the bottom of the links. the Contact Us, About Us, Guest Book should be the last links, the more "important stuff" - the services and products you offer, as well as the "market" - are more of a priority. i say this because as a consumer, i want to research what you have to offer me. then, once i see something i like, i'll research your company and credentials. if you do it my way there's a logical progression of the links, where you show what you have to offer then show why someone should deal with FRP (credentials). i also like the testimonials idea someone suggested before. just being nitpicky, the important thing i guess is that it looks professional.

Last edited by Anthony : 05-14-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:36 PM   #20
Flasch186
Coordinator

i apreciate the help guys, thanks soo much....

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 05-14-2005, 01:36 PM   #21
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
The asterisks are:

"The sale of your existing home will have some costs involved.
Some builder's do not Co-op"
Some builders do not Co-op. No apostrophe.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #22
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Other edits:

From "The Process" link:
Original: "He or she works for his employer —the builder — and that you may not share the same best interests."
Revised: "He or she works for another employer -- the builder -- and you may not share the same best interests.

Original: "Maintaining the communication with the builder"
Revised: "Maintaining communication with the builder"

From the "About Us" link:
Original: "What this means to you is that we will be right there, by your side through each and every step of the way."
Revised: "What this means to you is that we will be by your side at each and every step along the way."

Last edited by NoMyths : 05-14-2005 at 01:42 PM.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #23
Flasch186
Coordinator

bump...

some stuff has been worked on...when you have time have a looksee, the map is still be worked on and the guest book as well.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL