Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
Easy Mac

Dwayne Wade

Wow, he's completely dominated in these playoffs, with or without Shaq. 42 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists this game. How many MVP votes did he get this year?

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Wow, he's completely dominated in these playoffs, with or without Shaq. 42 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists this game. How many MVP votes did he get this year?

I'm very impressed with him. His on court performance is amazing, but equally impressive is his demeanor in interviews and off the court.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I love the guy. Last year he almost single handeldly knocked the Pacers out of the playoffs. I think he is a better guy to go along with Shaq than Kobe ever was.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

If you told people before the draft that Carmelo wouldn't be able to hold a candle to Wade they would have laughed you right out of any coversation. Now you may be able to find guys that had the draft been done over again would take Wade #1 over Melo and Lebron..
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:25 PM   #5
Easy Mac

i still would have taken Darko.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac

This guy has made a believer out of me. No doubt. Amazing work. Shaq essentially traded him for Kobe. And I'd say, Shaq should be a GM when he retires. This guy will be one of the best in the league for many years. He's grounded, has his head on straight and should continue to do well.

Of course, didn't he like carry Marquette a few years back? I guess we ought not be too surprised.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-14-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:40 PM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster
If you told people before the draft that Carmelo wouldn't be able to hold a candle to Wade they would have laughed you right out of any coversation. Now you may be able to find guys that had the draft been done over again would take Wade #1 over Melo and Lebron..

Who would take Wade over Lebron? Yeah, Wade #2 overall definately, but theres no way I'd take him over lebron.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:20 AM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Who would take Wade over Lebron? Yeah, Wade #2 overall definately, but theres no way I'd take him over lebron.

Agreed. Lebron hasn't had the supporting cast that Wade has had. Lebron will likely be the better player ultimately. However, Wade certainly is looking like the 2nd best player to come out of that draft. Also, that draft is certainly looking very good for top level talent.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:24 AM   #9
NAIWF
College Prospect

I'd take Wade over LeBron if you remove the economic impact of ticket and jersey sales from the equation. In their rookie season, with similar talent surrounding them Dwyane made the playoffs (as a 4 seed no less), LeBron didn't. This season with a better team than last year, LeBron STILL didn't make the playoffs and arguably was involved with one of the greatest single season chokejobs in history. LeBron didn't elevate the play of anyone else on that team, and I'm not convinced he would have been able to take last year's Heat to the playoffs, but I think Wade could have taken either season's Cavs to the promised land. Lastly, Wade has carried his team to 8 straight wins in the playoffs, putting up numbers only matched by Magic and The Big O. LeBron may be the more talented player, but I think right now that Wade is better. Until LeBron demonstrates any of the intangibles that Wade already possesses I'll maintain that he's the # 1 guy from that draft.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:56 AM   #10
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Sorry NAIWF the Cavs just do not have the talent around Lebron, even with an improved cast this year the Heat with last years roster are still better than them.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:09 AM   #11
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIWF
I'd take Wade over LeBron if you remove the economic impact of ticket and jersey sales from the equation. In their rookie season, with similar talent surrounding them Dwyane made the playoffs (as a 4 seed no less), LeBron didn't. This season with a better team than last year, LeBron STILL didn't make the playoffs and arguably was involved with one of the greatest single season chokejobs in history. LeBron didn't elevate the play of anyone else on that team, and I'm not convinced he would have been able to take last year's Heat to the playoffs, but I think Wade could have taken either season's Cavs to the promised land. Lastly, Wade has carried his team to 8 straight wins in the playoffs, putting up numbers only matched by Magic and The Big O. LeBron may be the more talented player, but I think right now that Wade is better. Until LeBron demonstrates any of the intangibles that Wade already possesses I'll maintain that he's the # 1 guy from that draft.

The cavs fell apart at the end of the season, but the Nets still had to win 15 of 19 at the end to make the playoffs by a tiebreaker. The Cavs missing out on the playoffs wouldnt even be close to the biggest chokejob, rather a minor blip. The Cavs team is garbage, poorly coached with no roleplayers, or definition. The Heat have a lot more talent.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:41 AM   #12
Fouts
College Starter

It's all about the rings. Kobe 3, Wade 0.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:48 AM   #13
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Fouts that was very insightful....how about we give Wade and Shaq several years and see how it turns out for them first.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:54 AM   #14
Fouts
College Starter

Just bringing the facts. We can bump this thread in 3 years, if you like.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:55 AM   #15
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
It's all about the rings. Kobe 3, Wade 0.

Um, Derek Fisher has 3 rings too. What does that mean?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:38 AM   #16
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
Um, Derek Fisher has 3 rings too. What does that mean?

Yes, and few power forwards can match the might of Mark Madsen and his rings.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:43 AM   #17
Danny
Head Coach

I think the point is the following. Everyone is basically saying Wade is a GOD and is better than Kobe ever was and such. I really like Wade too, but as of right now, it is two playoff series'. Wade has no championships yet. Kobe has 3. They are the equivalent of each other on their respective teams, so bringing someone like Fisher into this is just stupid.

Last edited by Danny : 05-15-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:55 AM   #18
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Drickman
I think the point is the following. Everyone is basically saying Wade is a GOD and is better than Kobe ever was and such. I really like Wade too, but as of right now, it is two playoff series'. Wade has no championships yet. Kobe has 3. They are the equivalent of each other on their respective teams, so bringing someone like Fisher into this is just stupid.

Bringing in Fisher isn't anymore stupid than bringing in the rings arguement. Prior to this season Kobe had played 8 seasons with one of the most dominant centers in basketball, Wade had played 1 season with Eddie Jones and Lamar Odom. Who do you expect is going to have more rings?

Rings are what people play for, but comparing any individual players solely on the achievement of the team is just plain stupid.

Last edited by mckerney : 05-15-2005 at 02:59 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:31 AM   #19
Danny
Head Coach

That's exactly the point. Kobe has played 8 seasons, won 3 rings. Wade is only in his second season and has only won two playoff series'. You can't compare the two yet. Like I said, how about waiting a few years before declaring Wade the greatest thing since slices bread?
Old 05-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #20
condors
College Starter

The thing about Wade though with/without Shaq you see him do what the team needs. He seems much more inclined to give the ball up. When the team needs a spark he provides it. I think he has proven to be more a team player and leader and the sky is the limit for him. Although i don't think he is getting a ring without Shaq.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:05 AM   #21
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
I think he has proven to be more a team player and leader

Two seasons and two playoff series. He hasnt proven much yet. You guys sure seem to follow the what have you done for me lately definition. Why not just induct Wade into the hall of fame now?
Old 05-15-2005, 07:09 AM   #22
condors
College Starter

Quote:
Two seasons and two playoff series. He hasnt proven much yet. You guys sure seem to follow the what have you done for me lately definition. Why not just induct Wade into the hall of fame now?

How much more does he need to do in his first two seasons before you are allowed to praise him on a messageboard?

I think the fact he didn't get the hype that Melo and Lebron got helps him. He wasn't expected to be this good, this soon.

Picking up his game in the playoffs without Shaq helps.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #23
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Wade has game. Kobe has three rings because of Shaq and Phil. Because when both left....well you know what happened.I am going to love the Lebron and Wade battles in the coming years.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #24
st.cronin
General Manager

I've always thought Wade was underappreciated, even on Marquette where Travis Diener was probably the most popular player.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:35 AM   #25
Suicane75
Coordinator

To me Dwayne and Kobe are parallel, both had some hype coming out and both came right of the gate better than expected. If you asked me right now I would say that Dwayne is the better player. In 8 years, while I can't predict rings, I think if Dwayne has the kind of team around him that Kobe did he will win multiple rings and be a perenial contender as well as putting up elite stats.

And Danny, I think your jumping down the throats of people who compare them and say Dwayne is better is alot more pretentious than those making the comparisons.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:41 PM   #26
korme
Go Reds

IT's DWYANE! His momma misspelled his name!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:52 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
To me Dwayne and Kobe are parallel, both had some hype coming out and both came right of the gate better than expected. If you asked me right now I would say that Dwayne is the better player. In 8 years, while I can't predict rings, I think if Dwayne has the kind of team around him that Kobe did he will win multiple rings and be a perenial contender as well as putting up elite stats.

And Danny, I think your jumping down the throats of people who compare them and say Dwayne is better is alot more pretentious than those making the comparisons.

Agreed.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #28
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
TAnd Danny, I think your jumping down the throats of people who compare them and say Dwayne is better is alot more pretentious than those making the comparisons.

Oh noes, Suicane think I am being pretentious. What shall I do!!!

Last edited by Danny : 05-15-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #29
st.cronin
General Manager

I never played basketball much, so maybe somebody who knows more than me can tell me why Wade is so good? What are his strengths and weaknesses? And didn't he suck at the Olympics?
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #30
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh noes, Suicane think I am being pretentious. What shall I do!!!

Pretentious probably wasn't the right word, it just seemed you were getting all worked up.

Person A: It sure is cold today.
Danny: GOD DAMNIT MAN, ITS ONLY 8AM, GIVE IT SOME FRIGGIN TIME TO WARM UP, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!@!@!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #31
JeffNights
College Prospect

Shit you take Dwayne Wade over Darko?

Rings:
Darko-1
Wade-0

Now, gentleman, how useless is the ring debate?
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:17 PM   #32
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Someday, one day, deep into the future perhaps, everyone will spell Dwyane Wade's name correctly.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #33
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

It's not Dwayne. It's Dwyane.

It's like that Favre thing.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:24 PM   #34
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
It's not Dwayne. It's Dwyane.

It's like that Favre thing.

Bullshit. Anthony Hardaway told me it was Dwayne.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:47 PM   #35
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Bullshit. Anthony Hardaway told me it was Dwayne.

Well Antwan Jamison said you're a bitch.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:16 PM   #36
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Pretentious probably wasn't the right word, it just seemed you were getting all worked up.

Person A: It sure is cold today.
Danny: GOD DAMNIT MAN, ITS ONLY 8AM, GIVE IT SOME FRIGGIN TIME TO WARM UP, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!@!@!