Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
Easy Mac

Blockbuster Online

Just thought I'd pimp this service, since its been pretty damn useful for me. I signed up for a free trial on the 18th of April, and I'll probably cancel Monday (moving soon, so I'll re-signup at the new place for another free month). Anyway, I'll eventually gladly pay 14.99 for this thing.

So far, I've rented 18 movies. Takes 2 days to get here from the day they ship them out. I watch them, normally that night or the next night. Tell them that I returned it, and the ship the next one that day. So I'm getting new movies every 2-3 days. Also got 4 free movie/game rental coupons in the store. I think I may get 3 more movies before the month is over, so my tally for 1 month is 25 movies (technically 24 and a game). Add to that the $15 credit I had on my account, and the $10 gift card I had, and I'll get 30 straight movies for free.

I'd highly recommend this service, especially if the first month is free. I live about 250-300 miles from a distribution center, so its definitely a good deal for me. Free month codes: Cooper, friends, usatoday7, usatoday8, usatoday9, usatoday12, usatoday13

Movies rented:
Sideways [WS] (2004)
Bourne Supremacy [WS] (2004)
Collateral [WS] (2004)
I Heart Huckabees [Special Edition] (2004)
Sports Night: The Complete Series - Disc 6 (2002)
Sports Night: The Complete Series - Disc 5 (2002)
Sports Night: The Complete Series - Disc 4 (2002)
Sports Night: The Complete Series - Disc 3 (2002)
Sports Night: The Complete Series - Disc 2 (2002)
Sports Night: The Complete Series - Disc 1 (2002)
Primer (2003)
Star Wars Trilogy: The Empire Strikes Back [WS] (2004)
Spanglish [WS] (2004)
Star Wars Trilogy: Return of the Jedi [WS] (2004)
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones [WS] (2002)
Wicker Park [WS] (2004)
Star Wars Trilogy: A New Hope [WS] (2004)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace [WS] (1999)
Igby Goes Down
Van Wilder
Kill Bill, Vol. 2
Halo 2

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
timmynausea
College Starter

Hey, I also use this and agree that it is sweet. What's this you say about telling them you returned it and they ship it out that day? I need to get in on this.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
Hey, I also use this and agree that it is sweet. What's this you say about telling them you returned it and they ship it out that day? I need to get in on this.

I wish Netflix did that, but other than that one complaint I have no issues with them. There's a distribution center just down the street, so most of the time I get new movies two days after I drop one in the mailbox...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
Easy Mac

In your My Queue, click "Report DVD issues. Click the circle next to the DVD that you returned (or are returning soon). Click the circle next to " I returned the DVD but it has not cleared my queue." Then click Continue. A new screen should pop up saying they are sorry or something like that. Click the button that says "Send Next Movie."

This only works if the movie was shipped out 3 days ago (or whatever the Arrival date is). So if the arrival date is the 17th, then on the 17th, just follow the steps above to get the next movie sent. You can do this as much as you want, but return the DVD in a relatively quick time after doing that. You also need to normally wait until about 2 or 3 pm to do it, won't let me do it normally before then.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:30 PM   #5
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
In your My Queue, click "Report DVD issues. Click the circle next to the DVD that you returned (or are returning soon). Click the circle next to " I returned the DVD but it has not cleared my queue." Then click Continue. A new screen should pop up saying they are sorry or something like that. Click the button that says "Send Next Movie."

This only works if the movie was shipped out 3 days ago (or whatever the Arrival date is). So if the arrival date is the 17th, then on the 17th, just follow the steps above to get the next movie sent. You can do this as much as you want, but return the DVD in a relatively quick time after doing that. You also need to normally wait until about 2 or 3 pm to do it, won't let me do it normally before then.
Thanks. This is awesome.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #6
Airhog
Captain Obvious

If you want to rent Complete Seasons, netflix is better, because they rent the whole box sex out, and not just one disk I believe...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:48 AM   #7
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
So far, I've rented 18 movies. Takes 2 days to get here from the day they ship them out.
You should try out Netflix and Block Buster and your new location. You should be able to find a distribution center within 1 day from you. Getting your shipping time reduced to 1 day each way would be like doubling your Discs-Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
If you want to rent Complete Seasons, netflix is better, because they rent the whole box sex out, and not just one disk I believe...
This is wrong. You still have to rent the season disc by disc. You can add the entire season to your Queue, but they only ship 1 disc at a time.

If you are with Netflix...PreOrder, PreOrder, and PreOrder. I can't mention that enough. I was waiting months to get some of the new releases, I was waiting untill they showed up at IMDBs top video rentals for the past week before I put them in my Queue. Now, I am PreOrdering the top movies 2 weeks in advance, putting the movie at the top of my Queue before it is released, and now I usually recieve the movie the day after it is released.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote