Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2003, 01:20 PM   #1
robbgmaier
College Prospect

Looking for Hattrick Qualification Formation Advice

Hi folks,

I have a qualification match against a team that appears to be sufficiently better than mine that I need more than a little luck. I went over the match records and the guy plays the asymmetric 3-5-2 with the wingback defensive and the regular 4 midfielders offensive. I'm considering employing the 5-4-1 for the first time, playing my best striker and my best winger offensive to the hypothetical empty side of the defensive formation (so the opposite side on my orders screen, right?), and then bunkering the other 8 outfielders, presumably with 3 innermidfielders to maximize what possesion I can get, leaving the other wing blank.

Any thoughts on this kind of set up? I normally play 3-5-2 and have experimented with 4-5-1, but I think I need a little extra here. I even thought about a 6-4-0. One of the teams in my division played this 4 weeks in a row, and only surrendered 1 or 2 goals while still scoring a couple. However, I still want my training, as I don't expect to win. I don't even really want to win, except to give this other guy a really bad day.

help?

rob

robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 05:31 PM   #2
robbgmaier
College Prospect

bump.....anyone?
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
Alf
Pro Starter

no idea what to tell you, but definitely interested in the outcome.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:58 PM   #4
NevStar
High School Varsity

So you WANT to lose, just be sure to annoy the guy? Umm...

I beat a far superior team that played an asymmetrical 3-5-2 by playing a 4-5-1 with my winger and my wingback offensive against the empty defense. The other side I played my winger towards the middle to add to my midfield rating, and my wingback defensively.

Good luck.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:16 PM   #5
Brillig
College Prospect

Ok, so looking at your opponent, Restriction -

He seems to always play an asymmetrical 3-5-2, pulling the right wing back for an extra middle infielder, and setting his midfielders and wingers to offensive, left wingback to defensive.

He played a qualifier two seasons ago, but I wasn't able to access the match record, so I don't know if he did anything special there...

He's not too active, doesn't schedule too many friendlies and hasn't made a transfer in a couple of months. So no surprises lurking there. He's been around a looong time though - he has a 71,500 seat arena! In division IV!

He did lose several times during the season to people who loaded up on left side attack to exploit this weakness (see esp. Restriction v Chaos, 2/24/03)

I see you've experimented once with a 4-5-1 formation - you probably don't have enough familiarity with it on your team to use it in this match though... pity :/

So, 3-5-2 alignment, go for broke style...

Go with 2 central defenders, right wingback to defensive, 3 inner mids, right winger defensive, left winger offensive. Up to you whether setting the inner mids to defensive is worth it or not... Tempting to go for the extra defense, but on the other hand, you're going to get completely whipped in the midfield... Might need the inner mids at their normal settings just to get a few offensive chances - might just have to pray your new keeper can handle it...

On the other hand, maybe you should just ignore me - I'm 0-2 with a 1-18 goal differential right now
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote