Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2005, 07:55 AM   #1
rafini
High School JV

Wal-Mart + Rednecks = ...

Police: Infant Doused With Pepper Spray

PONDERAY, Idaho (AP) - A woman doused a 2-month-old girl with pepper spray while feuding with the infant's family in a Wal-Mart, police said.

Lorlie M. Gantenbein, 36, of Sagle, was charged Tuesday with felony injury to a child. She was released on $5,000 bail.

The 2-month-old girl was recovering at home after being sprayed Monday, police Chief Mike Hutter said. The infant was treated at a hospital.

Gantenbein in a telephone interview on Wednesday denied using the pepper spray. She said her 16-year-old daughter used the spray, but did so in self-defense.

Gantenbein said she bought the spray for her daughter as tensions rose between the two families after the Gantenbeins rented property to the baby's family and then evicted them. The feud escalated when her daughter began dating the baby's father, she added.

According to police, Gantenbein's daughter sprayed the infant's grandmother and aunt, one of whom was holding the child. Gantenbein then took the canister and sprayed the baby, authorities said. The juvenile was cited with two counts of battery.

In the phone interview, Gantenbein said the baby's aunt grabbed her daughter by the arm, prompting the daughter to use the pepper spray. When the grandmother reached toward Gantenbein's daughter, the girl sprayed her too, Gantenbein said.

``The grandmother ran through the fog with the baby,'' she said. ``It didn't get hit in the face.''

However, the baby's mother, Christina Clayburn, told Spokane, Wash.'s KHQ-TV that Gantenbein ``was yelling, 'Get the baby! Get the baby!' ... Then she took the Mace out of her daughter's hand and sprayed it directly into my daughter's face.''

Gantenbein's daughter was cited for two counts of misdemeanor battery, Hutter said.

``We're taking statements from both sides and evaluating it from there,'' he said.

rafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

We may need a diagram from flere on this.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:16 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Actually, I think I got this one:

1. Gantenbeins rent property to un-named family (Let's call em "the Smiths.")
2. Gantenbeins evict Smiths.
3. Gantenbein 16-year-old girl starts dating Smith son, who is the "baby daddy" of a 2-month old, whose mother is named Christina Clayburn.
4. Gantenbein 16-year-old gets in fight with her boyfriend's mother and sister in Wal-Mart.
5. Someone sprays pepper spray during the fight, and baby gets hit.
6. SkyDog, GrantDawg, Buzzbee, Radii, JonInMiddleGA, Celeval, VPI97 and others rejoice to hear that this did not take place in Georgia.

What is unclear is whether or not Christina, the "baby mama," was present for this particular fight. It doesn't appear that she was, which makes it odd that the paper would quote her, rather than her ex-boyfriend's* mother or sister.

*--I may be giving them too much of the benefit of the doubt here, but I'm operating under the assumption that Christina actually dated her baby daddy at some point, rather than it being a mere hook-up.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:19 AM   #4
hhiipp
College Prospect

Quote:
under the assumption that Christina actually dated her baby daddy at some point, rather than it being a mere hook-up.

Well, they are from I-da-hoe.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #5
KeyserSoze
H.S. Freshman Team

You americans are so weird...
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #6
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
4. Gantenbein 16-year-old gets in fight with her boyfriend's mother and sister in Wal-Mart.

Methinks that it was actually the extended family of the baby's mother, not the extended family of the baby's father.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

Yeah, I took it that young Ms Gantenbein started dating the father of the 2 month old baby, and that the mother was a "Smith", not said father...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #8
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
Methinks that it was actually the extended family of the baby's mother, not the extended family of the baby's father.
Hmmmmm.....

Quote:
Gantenbein said she bought the spray for her daughter as tensions rose between the two families after the Gantenbeins rented property to the baby's family and then evicted them. The feud escalated when her daughter began dating the baby's father, she added.
I had the above as a "Romeo and Juliet" scenario--the girl is dating the baby's father much to the chagrin of his family AND her family. I now see that it could be this scenario: "Not only did they evict us, but that little ho of a daughter of hers stole Christina's baby daddy."
Old 05-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #9
Ben E Lou

Dola:

That's probably the result of me working with teenagers for a living. My automatic assumption is that both the boy and the girl got together to piss off their parents.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #10
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Too bad Jed was out a-squirrel huntin', Granny was bakin' pies, Ellie May was gettin' the shorts out of her crack, and Jethro was down at the bank banging Miss Hathaway, or this would've been much more interesting.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #11
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Too bad Jed was out a-squirrel huntin', Granny was bakin' pies, Ellie May was gettin' the shorts out of her crack, and Jethro was down at the bank banging Miss Hathaway, or this would've been much more interesting.

Whoooo-Doggie!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:48 PM   #12
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Actually, I think I got this one:

1. Gantenbeins rent property to un-named family (Let's call em "the Smiths.")
2. Gantenbeins evict Smiths.
3. Gantenbein 16-year-old girl starts dating Smith son, who is the "baby daddy" of a 2-month old, whose mother is named Christina Clayburn.
5. Someone sprays pepper spray during the fight, and baby gets hit.
6. SkyDog, GrantDawg, Buzzbee, Radii, JonInMiddleGA, Celeval, VPI97 and others rejoice to hear that this did not take place in Georgia.

What is unclear is whether or not Christina, the "baby mama," was present for this particular fight. It doesn't appear that she was, which makes it odd that the paper would quote her, rather than her ex-boyfriend's* mother or sister.

*--I may be giving them too much of the benefit of the doubt here, but I'm operating under the assumption that Christina actually dated her baby daddy at some point, rather than it being a mere hook-up.

Classic funny.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #13
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Idaho, its the "other" Georgia.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #14
Comey
College Starter

I thought the answer to the math problem was "Walmart".

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote