Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

FM2005 Question!!!

All.

I signed a young Italian Sweeper named Diego Gonella. However, while he shows up as on my team, and is available from the player scroll bar at the bottom of the screen, he doesn't show up on my roster at all for selection. I can't figure out why. I can move him to U-18s and Reserves, and he doesn't show up there either. He is also not listed in the training section to assign a schedule to... The only thing that "looks" funny about him is he is listed as a Sweeper only (no C). I seem to remember in older versions that players were Sw(C). Any ideas? Is this a quirk on this player? Or this position?

-Chas

Chas in Cinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
condors
College Starter

he may not be old enough to be a professional, ie sign Adu season 1 and you can't play him yet.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

He doesnt even show up on the roster with all the filters removed... and he's older than other people on the roster (17). I'm really frustrated as I used my ONLY transfer funds to bring this guy in... ugh!

Any other ideas?
Chas
Old 04-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #4
Koryo
n00b

Check his "transfer" tab and make sure he has a date for when he joined your club. I'm assuming since you can move him from squad to squad that you can view his profile info.

If he shows as being on your club then check his history. I suspect that he may be on loan still to another club, which is why you can assign him to a particular squad but not assign him training.
Koryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Those were both the first things I checked... However neither proved true. The only difference between his profile and any others is his doesnt have the "Release a Statement to Media" option... He does not appear on my roster such as other loaned players, neither does he have any stats accumulating as time passes for any other team.... Glad I thought to check the correct items... any other ideas?

Thanks!
Chas
Old 04-27-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
Router Help

Do you have FM Scout? If so, load up the save game and see if he is listed on your team.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

And what is FM Scout?

-Chas
Old 04-27-2005, 02:08 PM   #8
Router Help

http://www.nygreen.net/program.php?id=3

This program lets you see all the hidden ratings for all the players in the game. Definitely cheating, but in this case, it may help you see what is wrong with your player.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #9
Desnudo
Coordinator

OT, you can filter the columns so that you don't see the hidden information and avoid cheating.

As for the guy, do you have options to release him and offer new contracts, etc.? I don't follow what you mean by player scroll bar. Is he visible on any of your rosters? When you go to his profile, what team is listed below his name?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #10
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I had the same thing happen to me with Rosenborg. He just disappeared and the only way I could get to him was to search him by name. Eventually his contract ran out, he left and now he shows back up.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:14 AM   #11
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I can do anything I want (contracts, transfer, etc) with him, and he's listed as my team on his profile. The scroll bar is at the bottom of the screen when you're looking at one of your players. It's a pull down to allow you to select another player without going back to your roster. He is not visible on any of my rosters...

Illinifan, you had the same thing happen? He never came back? Errr, I just spent my only transfer money on this guy....

-Chas
Old 04-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #12
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
OT, you can filter the columns so that you don't see the hidden information and avoid cheating.

As for the guy, do you have options to release him and offer new contracts, etc.? I don't follow what you mean by player scroll bar. Is he visible on any of your rosters? When you go to his profile, what team is listed below his name?
The only thing I use for FM scout is finding out players' best positions. I don't think its cheating because I would suspect that players and coaches in real life know where a player is most comfortable. It's also useful when trying to find all the players from a particular nation because in the game it only shows well-known players. A national manager would know all the players available to him. I filter out all the cheating stuff.