Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which Simpsons' Episode Gets Voted Off Next?
Flaming Homer 1 3.13%
Springfield vs. Shelbyville 2 6.25%
Who Shot Mr. Burns, Parts I & II 7 21.88%
Homer Gets A Gun 3 9.38%
Homer The Union Boss 1 3.13%
The Stonecutters 4 12.50%
Homer Goes To Space 5 15.63%
Mr. Plow Vs. The Plow King 4 12.50%
Cape Feare 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2003, 02:29 AM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FOFC Best Simpsons Episode Survivor--Round Two

All right, guys, the first round is over. After 53 total votes were cast, the loser got booted off by just a hair.

And the loser is...Grimey!

Grimey is out with 11 votes, or 20.8% of the total votes. Second place was Homer Goes To Space with 10 votes, or 18.9% of the total votes.

And now we return to the updated list to bump off the next Simpsons episode. Which is the worst on this list for you?

Will it be Homer Goes To Space...or a wildcard...?

The remaining nine episode capsues/descriptions will follow in the next thread.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:33 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Episode capsules/descriptions...

1. Flaming Homer-- Homer invents a drink, and Moe steals it to become famous. Classic scenes: Lisa's slumber party and offshooting scenes; Homer Going Nuts at End; Aerosmith.

2. Springfield vs. Shelbyville-- Springfield kids and dads invade Shelbyville to get back the town's lemon tree. Classic scenes: Bart masquerading as Shelbyville kid; Milhouse meets Milhouse; the getaway scene at the junkyard.

3. Who Shot Mr. Burns, Part I & II-- Okay, this is two episodes, but it's a TBC. Classic scenes: Burns' crushing his own model nuclear power plant on his town model; Jasper getting shot in the wooden leg; Moe on the lie detector.

4. Homer Gets A Gun-- Homer's decision to get a gun to guard the house after a soccer-induced town riot causes Marge & kids to leave abandon him for a bit. Classic scenes: The soccer-ripping scenes; Homer waiting for the seven-day waiting period to pass; the SLEeep eAZY Motel.

5. Homer The Union Boss-- Homer becomes the head of the worker's union when Burns tries to take away the plant dental plan. Classic scenes: "Dental Plan!", "Lisa Needs Braces!"; Grampa Simpson and the old strike-busters; several hilarious Burns-Simpson negotiations.

6. The Stonecutters-- Homer turns out to be the anointed messiah of a secret men's club modeled after the Freemasons. Classic scenes: The Stonecutter song; The Stone of Shame; Civil War Re-enactment by monkeys.

7. Homer Goes To Space-- Homer gets sent up on a space shuttle mission as part of a NASA publicity-stunt aimed at the common man. Classic scenes: Barney & Homer compete for the spot; the potato chips; the inanimate carbon rod.

8. Mr. Plow vs. The Plow King-- Homer goes up against Barney in a war to sweep the streets of Springfield of snow. Classic scenes: Barney in a diaper; The Mr. Plow commercials; The $10,000 bill.

9. Cape Feare-- Sideshow Bob resumes his attempts to do away with his arch-nemesis Bart Simpson, forcing the family to relocate via the witness protection program. Classic scenes: The parole hearing; "Remember now...You're Mr. Thompson"; The rakes.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:21 AM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Springfield vs. Shelbyville
That episode is actually called "The Lemon of Troy". One of my favorite as it has a cohesive plot, great gags, darn good storytelling, and the production value is great (for instance: a good use of background music, which they don't do all that often on the Simpsons).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-18-2003 at 03:21 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 05:13 AM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I made no attempt to name them accurately. I tried to name them in the Simpsons' style of naming their shows for the most part, except in the one or two where I actually remembered the name (like "Cape Feare"). When the Simpsons' people got creative with their names, I'm sure my guesses are far off.

It is a great episode.

Chief Rum

Old 03-18-2003, 05:24 AM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, if that's the case, then I'll dig up the real names (the couple I can't think of off the top of my head), and you can use them if you want.

Flaming Homer = [8F08]Flaming Moe's
Springfield vs. Shelbyville = [2F22] Lemon of Troy
Who Shot Mr. Burns, Parts I & II= [2F16]&[2F20]Who Shot Mr. Burns, Parts I & II
Homer Gets A Gun= [5F01]The Cartridge Family
Homer The Union Boss= [9F15]Last Exit to Springfield
The Stonecutters= [2F09] Homer the Great
Homer Goes To Space= [1F13] Deep Space Homer
Mr. Plow Vs. The Plow King= [9F07]Mr. Plow
Cape Feare= [9F22] Cape Feare
Grimey= [4F19] Homer's Enemy

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 06:49 AM   #6
Swaggs
Coordinator

Gotta be the Stonecutters...it's the only one I'm not familiar with.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:05 AM   #7
Bing
n00b

i disagree
Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:16 AM   #8
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I think the who shot Mr. Burns should go...it was jump the shark material...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:49 AM   #9
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by Swaggs
Gotta be the Stonecutters...it's the only one I'm not familiar with.

Man watch the show! That one is a classic!
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 12:25 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

"Marge, change the channel...."

"That's our Homer!"

Goodbye, Grimey.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 03:42 AM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm calling Round 2. The latest episode voted off is...

Who Shot Mr. Burns, Parts I & II!

Two down, eight to go.

Chief Rum