Hurst2112
College Starter

OT: Found a crook from my home town.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/01/ms.....ap/index.html

Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I guess that ass banging you gave her finally wore off.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
Klinglerware
College Starter

Kaukauna, the most Hawaiian-sounding Wisconsin place name ever...
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware
Kaukauna, the most Hawaiian-sounding Wisconsin place name ever...

Indeed. You should see all of our tans.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #5
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

And she was nabbed by the paper of my old hometown: Appleton, Wisconsin. Nice to see they're staying on top of things.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
Hurst2112
College Starter

You're from Appleton?!?!?! no shit! Cool. What part?
Old 04-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #7
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112

You betcha. I lived just south of the river (at the top of the big hill) on Lawe street for my last two years of High School. I went to Appleton East.

I got the impression from the earlier posts in this thread that you were from Kaukauna, but did I misunderstand? Are you actually from Appleton? If so, whereabouts?
Old 04-01-2005, 04:00 PM   #8
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

"I've been made to feel as if I can't represent the disabled citizens of Wisconsin because I'm not disabled enough," Lee said Thursday.

Perhaps that is because that is exactly what happened?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #9
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
You betcha. I lived just south of the river (at the top of the big hill) on Lawe street for my last two years of High School. I went to Appleton East.

I got the impression from the earlier posts in this thread that you were from Kaukauna, but did I misunderstand? Are you actually from Appleton? If so, whereabouts?

I am from Kaukauna...but I know where you are talking about. (Lawe intersects South River St. That's over by the President's streets. Near St. E's hospital, right?)

I never lived in Appleton. Lived in Menasha for a couple years. Worked in Neenah. Still had to drive through Appleton almost everyday. Took private percussion lessons at Lawrence for a couple years in HS. Actually, we had a solo/ensemble competition at East when I was a senior.

Haven't been back home in almost a year. Both me and my ex-wife are from Kaukauna. I get amazed how all the small towns are turning into 1 big glob of city with appleton. Didn't know you could have so many Wal Marts and Targets in a region like that.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #10
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Is there more then one part to Appleton, WI?
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #11
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
You betcha. I lived just south of the river (at the top of the big hill)

THE Big Hill?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #12
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
THE Big Hill?

HAH...You know the hill over by Old Man Schmidt's farm. Next to the cranberry bog

Old 04-01-2005, 10:39 PM   #13
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I am from Kaukauna...but I know where you are talking about. (Lawe intersects South River St. That's over by the President's streets. Near St. E's hospital, right?)

Yep - that's exactly right. You have a good memory!

Quote:
I never lived in Appleton. Lived in Menasha for a couple years. Worked in Neenah. Still had to drive through Appleton almost everyday. Took private percussion lessons at Lawrence for a couple years in HS. Actually, we had a solo/ensemble competition at East when I was a senior.

Whenabouts was that? I went to East from 1987-89 - I never attended or participated in any music competitions in high school, but I wonder if we were in the same building at the same time. That would be kinda trippy.

Quote:
Haven't been back home in almost a year. Both me and my ex-wife are from Kaukauna. I get amazed how all the small towns are turning into 1 big glob of city with appleton. Didn't know you could have so many Wal Marts and Targets in a region like that.

Truer words were never spoken - the corridor from Green Bay down to Oshkosh really has become a tiny megalopolis.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #14
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Yep - that's exactly right. You have a good memory!

Whenabouts was that? I went to East from 1987-89 - I never attended or participated in any music competitions in high school, but I wonder if we were in the same building at the same time. That would be kinda trippy.

Truer words were never spoken - the corridor from Green Bay down to Oshkosh really has become a tiny megalopolis.

Oh, hell...that was in '94. I graduated in 94 so we are a little spread apart in age.

I am thinking about going home 2nd week of may. Like I said, I haven't been there in a long time. I will be bringing my g/f back there with me. First time she has been there. Should be fun. She is from a suburb of Minneapolis that is about half the size of Appleton. I told here that I came from a town of 12000 so she thinks Im some hick. I tried to tell her about the fox valley area, but she didn't buy it. Looks like Daryll is gonna have to do some tour guiding.

Have you been back to Appleton since the performing arts center was built? It looks really nice. Its actually across from the old Viking Theater (you will remember that I am sure), across from Victorias.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #15
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Oh, hell...that was in '94. I graduated in 94 so we are a little spread apart in age.

I am thinking about going home 2nd week of may. Like I said, I haven't been there in a long time. I will be bringing my g/f back there with me. First time she has been there. Should be fun. She is from a suburb of Minneapolis that is about half the size of Appleton. I told here that I came from a town of 12000 so she thinks Im some hick. I tried to tell her about the fox valley area, but she didn't buy it. Looks like Daryll is gonna have to do some tour guiding.

Well, she's right. I mean, everybody knows that Kaukauna is where all the Fox Valley hicks live.

And if you haven't already impressed her with this trivia, you might inform her that Appleton is the home of Harry Houdini and disgraced Senator Joseph McCarthy. That oughta win her over.

She doesn't happen to be a Vikings fan, does she? If so, you should punish her for looking down her nose at Kaukauna by taking her to the Packers Hall of Fame and then to Brett Favre's steakhouse. That'll learn her!

Quote:
Have you been back to Appleton since the performing arts center was built? It looks really nice. Its actually across from the old Viking Theater (you will remember that I am sure), across from Victorias.

Yeah, I go back once a year or so to visit family. The PAC looks beautiful from the outside, though I have yet to actually go inside. I hear it is a lovely venue, though. And overall I've been impressed with the job they've done with the downtown. It'll probably never be able to compete on a commercial level with the mall area, but the downtown has become quite a pleasant place to walk around and shop, with some good little restaurants.

Of course, Mrs. Fonzie's favorite part of downtown Appleton is Joseph's Shoes. She's not really the shoe-freak-type of spouse, but she goes absolutely nuts in there!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:38 PM   #16
Hurst2112
College Starter

Actually I was telling her about the "old wade house" down in the flats. Wasn't sure of the spelling or how to say it, but wasn't that the first electrical generator plant in the world? Same with the (um, forgot...) Edison house. The house on Oneida street that was one of the first in the country (or world) that was fully lit by electric power?

She isn't a football fan (unlike my ex wife, whom I reared to be a loyal football and steeler fan). I will show her Lambeau though. People tend to admire the history of that part of Green Bay.

The downtown is much improved. I especially like the walking down there now. Parking is limited cause of the 'idiot spaces' they put it to make it easier to paralell park. Still, the brickwork they did is cool. Hell, I remember driving down the Ave all night...racing light to light without cops giving you shit. Now it's more subdued. The young punks with their clown cars (fast and furious style) make me laugh.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #17
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Don't forget to tell us about the world famous spreadable cheese from Kaukauana . . .
Old 04-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #18
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
Don't forget to tell us about the world famous spreadable cheese from Kaukauana . . .

That's what they feed all the babies for the first year. Port wine, sharp cheddar, etc.

Jack's Pizza is there as well.