Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 AM   #1
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Poor Retail Service Thread

Was thinking about this when discussing ring stores with Si on the Engagement thread.. lets hear some horror stories

I've also got an experiment i'm gonna run this weekend.. Car shopping in very poor clothes

Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
Was thinking about this when discussing ring stores with Si on the Engagement thread.. lets hear some horror stories

I've also got an experiment i'm gonna run this weekend.. Car shopping in very poor clothes

You have to drive a piece of crap car, too. That'll get you the worst salesman in the Dealership, generally. It is a very bad idea if you want to get a good deal, because a dealer is more likely to give a better deal to the high-volume salesman than to the guy who has been working there 3 weeks and hasn't sold a car.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:53 AM   #3
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I have no intention of buying a car.. its just something i wanna test out really.. i am willing to bet i will not even be allowed a test drive
Old 03-30-2005, 08:05 AM   #4
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
I have no intention of buying a car.. its just something i wanna test out really.. i am willing to bet i will not even be allowed a test drive

depends on the car youre looking for...
try for my favorite:

CTS-V

0-60 in under 5 secs.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 03-30-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:06 AM   #5
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
than to the guy who has been working there 3 weeks and hasn't sold a car.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:22 AM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

A Gil sighting!

Go to a luxury car dealership. Or maybe the porsche, lamborghini, ferrari dealership

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:45 AM   #7
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Whatcha think si.. that lexus dealership in Kck?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #8
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whatcha think si.. that lexus dealership in Kck?

Wouldn't know. Can't say I've ever been in a Lexus dealership. I drive a 98 Grand Am

SI

Old 03-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #9
wishbone
High School JV

I bought a Vonage/broadband adapter last week - Best Buy had it for $129.99 - $50 vonage rebate; Fry's had it advertised for $99.99 - $10 Linksys MIR - $50 vonage MIR. I went to Best Buy and they price matched it to $89.99 - $50 MIR but when I got home and looked at the rebate form, it said that if the item's price has been modified then you are not eligible for the rebate. I did not open the package, just looked at the receipt.

I go back to Best Buy...

Me: I need to return this router
1st Best Buy Person: Why? Was there a problem with it?
Me: I can't get the rebate because I bought this using a price match
#1BBP: How do you know you can't get the rebate?
Me: (Display the 2 foot receipt with highlighted section) The rebate form says if the price has been modified, I'm not eligible for the rebate. I need to either return it or you can price match to the after rebate price (I know which they will choose, I didn't expect them to sell it to me for $40)
#1BBP: Oh, well I can return it.
Me: Thanks
( he completes the return)
Me: So you know this means that you can not price match anything with a rebate, right?
#2BBP: We can price match anything!
Me: But if you do, I won't get the rebate
#2BBP: How do you know that?
Me: (Display the 2 foot receipt with highlighted section) The rebate form says if the price has been modified, I'm not eligible for the rebate.
#2BBP: I know a way to get around that
Me: OK
(She calls a manager to post-void the return, I wait 5 minutes for her to show, BBM post-voids the return.)
#2BBP: So we need to re-ring the transaction, do you have funds available in your account?
Me: Yes, but if you re-ring it how will you not modify the purchase price and still give me the router for $40 after rebates?
#2BBP: What do you mean?
Me: If you modify the price, I can not get the rebate so you can not price match
#2BBP: We can price match
Me: But I won't get the rebate
#2BBP: Uh, right!
Me: So you can not price match any item with a rebate
Me: So you can not price match any item with a rebate
This goes on for several minutes with little/no variation until
Me: I want you to take the return or price match to $40
#2BBP: We can't price match to the after rebate price
Me: But if you price match to the before rebate price, I can't get the rebate.
#2BBP: How do you know that?
Me: (Display the 2 foot receipt with highlighted section) The rebate form says if the price has been modified, I'm not eligible for the rebate.
#2BBP: Oh, I think you will just have to go to Fry's
Me: So you can't price match?
Me: I would like to return this router
#2BBP: But we already returned it
Me: And then you post-voided the return
#2BBP: I'm sorry I'm not able to post-void, I could not have done that.
Me: I'm sure that's why you had to call the manager and we waited 5 minutes for her to get here
#2BBP: Oh yeah!
( she does the return)
#2BBP: Have a nice day!
Me: Oh, I have one more price match I need done
#2BBP: But... if we price match you won't be able to get the rebate
Me: This one doesn't have a rebate
#2BBP Oh good
(she does the pricematch and I leave)

The thing that bugs me the most is that I have to explain their policies to them. That is not my job, my job in their store is to buy the most stuff for the least amount of money. Their job is to make me want to come back. I ended up going to Fry's and got the router. The vonage service was setup in about 15 minutes and is great.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It reads like a bad Abbott and Costello routine. Then again, Best Buy is like a Hall of Fame for poor retail service.

SI

Old 03-30-2005, 11:32 AM   #11
condors
College Starter

the worst is the Wendy's drive thru near where i live. I don't mind Wendy's overall as i have a thing for cheese fries. I avoid the one near where i live because they have like 2 managers working an maybe 1 regular employee (and if you are getting paid squat and have 2 people busting your nuts and your the only person there=worst employee ever) anyways they are open later than the mcdonalds and burger king and all right next to each other so on the weekends i sometimes have high school friends make the trip back home and they stay for the weekend (we play champman, d&d, watch monty python etc) late night food runs are commanplace. They have yet to get our order right. Most times the number of sandwhiches we order will not equal the number given to us and we can sort that out before we leave the window at the drive thru. The last 6 (yes 6 times) my one friend who just wants double hamburgers(doesn't like cheese but wants the rest of the stuff)
and myself who just wants cheese (i put my own stuff on it when i get home) and we get some frosty's, the other 2 guys get everything and cheese. No matter how we explain it to them, the burgers never resemble what we actually ordered. Next time i am just going to order big macs, quater pounder with cheese, and whoppers and see what happens maybe throw in a double r burger.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:47 PM   #12
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wendy's has cheese fries?!?!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:50 PM   #13
condors
College Starter

the ones in my area do (i thought it was one of there hooks)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:01 PM   #14
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone
I bought a Vonage/broadband adapter last week - Best Buy had it for $129.99 - $50 vonage rebate; Fry's had it advertised for $99.99 - $10 Linksys MIR - $50 vonage MIR. I went to Best Buy and they price matched it to $89.99 - $50 MIR but when I got home and looked at the rebate form, it said that if the item's price has been modified then you are not eligible for the rebate. I did not open the package, just looked at the receipt.

This whole thing would have been classic if hey had insisted on charging you a restock fee for the return.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #15
wishbone
High School JV

At that point I would have gotten angry. I would have squeezed their heads until they cracked. I figure I could take out 5 people before they took me down, 20 if there was a strobe light on.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote