Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Guitarist Trades KORN for Jesus

Maybe he should join Neal Morse's band...

Guitarist HEAD Quits KORN, Dedicates Life To Christianity - Feb. 22, 2005

MTV.com is reporting that guitarist Brian "Head" Welch, a founding member of KORN, has left the band and has rededicated his life to Christianity, according to the group's management.

"KORN has parted ways with guitarist Brian 'Head' Welch, who has chosen Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end," a statement from the band reads. "KORN respects Brian's wishes, and hopes he finds the happiness he's searching for."

The announcement puts to rest weeks of rumors that Welch was unhappy with KORN's direction. On February 8, he had apparently written a "letter of resignation" to the band's management. In the note, Welch detailed a long list of reasons for leaving the band, including increased moral objections to KORN's music and videos. In particular, he was upset by how he was portrayed in the clip for their cover of CAMEO's "Word Up", off their recently released "Greatest Hits, Vol. 1" album. In the video, Welch's face was superimposed on a dog patrolling a strip club.

Welch plans on further explaining his decision to leave KORN this coming Sunday, when he'll address the congregation at the Valley Bible Fellowship in Bakersfield, California. And on February 28 he plans to leave for Israel.

KORN are currently in the studio working on a new record, which is due in stores in September.

Of all the things to be upset about concerning their cover of Word Up...I would have chosen the actual song and their cover of it. But that's just me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
MrBug708
Head Coach

Good for him, but I wouldnt have picked a member of KORN to do something like this....
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Jesus is rocking out pretty hard these days I hear..

When I was heavily into my christian status before, I know there was a sort of boom going on as far as decent hard music is concerned.. I bet this starts another one.. Something I hoped someone would do years ago, but hey- Best of luck to him.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:54 PM   #4
Joe
Pro Starter

korn is still together?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:01 PM   #5
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

It's of course too early to objectively evaluate this deal, and maybe in a year or two I'll feel differently, but my inital impression is that KORN got the better end of this trade. Jesus probably could've (and should've) demanded that they throw in a prospect or two.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #6
mhass
High School Varsity

That guy must have lived one tormented life until this week. Godspeed.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #7
Schmidty
Coordinator

That's awesome. God is definitely amazing.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:49 AM   #8
Coop
High School JV

Yeah I really dig that Jesus dude.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:09 AM   #9
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The other three members of Korn were just in an episode of Monk a week or two ago.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:46 AM   #10
Ksyrup

I hear they've replaced Head with Eric Clapton and changed their name to Cream Korn.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #11
Franklinnoble
Banned

Good... Christian music needs more talent. I'd listen to it more, but, frankly, it kind of sucks.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:37 PM   #12
Ksyrup

Neal Morse is awesome. Of course, you have to like prog rock to like him, but even with the "God Prog" lyrics, he's near the top of my prog rock favorites. He "defected" from Spock's Beard a few years back to devote himself to Christian music.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #13
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Neal Morse is awesome. Of course, you have to like prog rock to like him, but even with the "God Prog" lyrics, he's near the top of my prog rock favorites. He "defected" from Spock's Beard a few years back to devote himself to Christian music.

I'll have to check him out.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #14
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Good... Christian music needs more talent. I'd listen to it more, but, frankly, it kind of sucks.

Tooth and Nail records usually has some pretty good bands signed, such as Starfler59 and Mae. There are quite a few other bands that I love, such as GS Megaphone, 5 Iron Frenzy (and Brave Saint Saturn), Third Day, etc...

Basically, there are a lot of good christian musicians out there, you just have look for them. Plus, it all depends on the types of music you like.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #15
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

I'll throw in a few cans of string beans for Buddha

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #16
Ksyrup

From 313 merchandise, who make all sorts of offensive t-shirts and such...

Old 03-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #17
Ksyrup

Former KORN Guitarist Says 50 CENT Is 'A Huge Force For The Devil' - Mar. 29, 2005

MTV.com is reporting that for the second time in as many weeks, former KORN guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has written an open letter to rapper 50 CENT, detailing his efforts to deliver what he calls "a personal letter from God" to him. Welch had previously explained that while on religious holiday in Israel, God told him to write a song for 50. And now he's sent over the lyrics to that song, called "A Cheap Name", which not only touch upon 50's past (most notably the 2000 shooting where he was hit nine times), but call upon him to change his ways:

"My little boy/ Bow your head in shame/ You've disgraced your father's name now/ It's time for you to lose," the lyrics read in part. "Your little toys/ Won't save you from shot 10/ Without me you will not win, no/ I swear you'll lose."

Welch explained that "A Cheap Name" was not an attack on 50, but rather a "message from God" (the last line in the song is "Love, Jesus"). And as he explained further in his letter, Welch only wants the rapper to change the way he lives his life, because, as he put it, "God told me there will be many attempts made to kill you by the enemy."

"The devil sends evil spirits into people's minds to make them want to do harmful things to ... other people. For instance, some fool shooting at you to kill you," Welch wrote. "If you die, the enemy wins. If you don't come home to God, you will get killed by one of the bullets that keep coming your way. You're a huge force for the devil right now. He's going to put demons around you that tell you I'm crazy and God is for punks ... to convince you that money, fame and power are the things you should worship."
Old 03-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #18
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I dunno about this move. Jesus is a one of a kind, can't miss franchise messiah and guys like him don't come around every millenia. Maybe if they throw in two firsts and a drummer, but otherwise the Holy Trinity definitley lose out on this one.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #19
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

I think 50 is gonna bust some caps in "Head's" ass.

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote