Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

and THAT's worth crying about!?

So yesterday after work BF and myself went to CompUSA to get Brothers in Arms. I must say that they matched Best Buy's price eventhough BB didn't have them in stock so that was cool but all BF and I wanted to o was go to his house (6 doors down) install the games (one on his home comp. and one on my laptop and enjoy them for an hour or so). Now while we were at CompUSA GF and 3R called to ask if we wanted to meet them for dinner at the NEW Cheesecake Factory that opened up 2 DAYS ago. So as not to sound like hermits we said ok and we called JFA and let him know so that when we called him to head up there he could leave and meet us on time. Well after CompUSA we walked over to Sofa Express to see the couches Im having delivered at the end of the month. ANYWAYS, the girls call and let us know that its going to be a 2.5 hours wait. we say forget it, we're going home. Now I think that they are going to figure something out and we'll have about 2 hours to play BIA. Well, I just get booted up, and JFA walks in. He informs me that, "The girls are home." Im like, "ok." and he proceeds to tell me that GF is upset. ok. "She wants you to come home." BULLSHIT!! I cannot believe that shit!!! I just get off work, have a few hours to play this new game I got and she wants me to come home to console her for something. Now I have no idea what it is at this point but, I immediately think, it cant be too much. So I fucking pack up because I know if I dont Ill be opening a can of worms. I walk down to the house and its as foreboding as you can imagine. No lights on at all. I walk in and in my office by the front door is 3R and she looks up from my comp., which she's using, and gives me a look like I'm walking to my execution. Wow, this must be awful. Brain says, "What the fuck did you do? Did you forget something? Fuck!!" So I walk into the bedrooma nd she's on the bed crying, fetal fucking position crying. What the fuck could be so bad....I didn't dump her. Anyways, so i climb on the bed, "honey. whats wrong?" sob sob sob. "Honey, whats the matter?" sob sob sob. "Baby, please tell me." "Look at my hair!! Friday I went and got my hair done and hated it. So today I went to someplace else to just get a slight fix and now my hair looks like I never had anything done on it at all and now Im out $320 {PING - heard that .... the rest was kinda jibberish}. "Baby it looks good to me, plus its just hair babe it looks fine" The look said, "wrong." So I proceeded to console her and in between her sobs got her to calm down. later that night I paid $320 worth of her bills so now she cant say "Im out X amount of dollars." Now I ask, THAT IS WORTH CRYING ABOUT!!?? WOMEN.....unbelievable that THAT would earn some tears. My brain does not compute this.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 03-21-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Oh man i know you get harped about it all the time, but PARAGRAPHS ARE OUR FRIEND!
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
and I thought e e cummings' writing was hard to read...

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
rkmsuf
Head Coach

that's written like you are on speed.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #5
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
Oh man i know you get harped about it all the time, but PARAGRAPHS ARE OUR FRIEND!

its my thang.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I think Flere-Art is needed....
Old 03-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #7
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Who spends 320 dollars on there hair? That hair better cook, clean and watch the kids for 320 dollars.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #8
rkmsuf
Head Coach

pfft hair. you hollywood types are all alike.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:36 AM   #9
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
So yesterday after work BF and myself went to CompUSA to get Brothers in Arms.

Tell us more about this boyfriend of yours.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:36 AM   #10
Bo Jackson's Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Flasch, I'm also in Jacksonville. My wife had her hair colored about 3 months ago (she's a redhead) and it came out way too dark. Looked almost purplish. She literally freaked. She cried for at least 1.5 days until she could get another appointment somewhere else. She didn't cry as much at her g-ma's funeral as she did over her hair.
Bo Jackson's Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:38 AM   #11
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jackson's Hip
Flasch, I'm also in Jacksonville. My wife had her hair colored about 3 months ago (she's a redhead) and it came out way too dark. Looked almost purplish. She literally freaked. She cried for at least 1.5 days until she could get another appointment somewhere else. She didn't cry as much at her g-ma's funeral as she did over her hair.

Psst. Don't encourage him.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:46 AM   #12
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

you think this post is bad... imagine Flasch giving up his acting career to become a screenwriter.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 AM   #13
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim
I think Flere-Art is needed....

I don't know where to start....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:49 AM   #14
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
I don't know where to start....

something about flasch or his boyfriend getting their hair done and then playing Brothers in Arms.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:53 AM   #15
Flasch186
Coordinator

perhaps you could illustrate the story:

CompUSA, Ext. of Cheesecake factory, BF's office, Ext. our street, Ext. my house, Int. my house, Int. my BR.

not too many locations. hmmmmmmmm.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #16
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S
$320??????????????

I have never, ever spent more than $10 on a hair cut.

me either!! 15 at most with tip.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #17
Ryan S
Quarterback

$320??????????????

I have never, ever spent more than $10 on a hair cut.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #18
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Umm ... who is "3R"? -- I'm guessing "3rd roommate" but that's just a wildass guess.
"JFA" has me stumped completely.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #19
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

uhm, Flasch. If you got that kind of money to burn send some this way. And then you can do what I do when my wife complains about some part of her looks, say "Shut up I am sick of hearing that shit. You look good, lets go!" or some variation of that.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #20
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wait. You paid 320 dollars worth of her bills? Just to get her to stop crying? I should try this crying thing on my boyfriend and see what I can get out of him.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #21
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
uhm, Flasch. If you got that kind of money to burn send some this way. And then you can do what I do when my wife complains about some part of her looks, say "Shut up I am sick of hearing that shit. You look good, lets go!" or some variation of that.

Exactly.

Cringer is keeping it real.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #22
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Umm ... who is "3R"? -- I'm guessing "3rd roommate" but that's just a wildass guess.
"JFA" has me stumped completely.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...hlight=Awkward

Cringe...i wont even tell you what I spent on the fuckin' USFL site. but thats supposedly going to be worth it.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #23
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wait. You paid 320 dollars worth of her bills? Just to get her to stop crying? I should try this crying thing on my boyfriend and see what I can get out of him.

oh gees Flasch, now look at what you started.....

Last edited by Cringer : 03-21-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #24
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
So yesterday after work BF and myself went to CompUSA to get Brothers in Arms. I must say that they matched Best Buy's price eventhough BB didn't have them in stock so that was cool but all BF and I wanted to o was go to his house (6 doors down) install the games (one on his home comp. and one on my laptop and enjoy them for an hour or so). Now while we were at CompUSA GF and 3R called to ask if we wanted to meet them for dinner at the NEW Cheesecake Factory that opened up 2 DAYS ago. So as not to sound like hermits we said ok and we called JFA and let him know so that when we called him to head up there he could leave and meet us on time. Well after CompUSA we walked over to Sofa Express to see the couches Im having delivered at the end of the month. ANYWAYS, the girls call and let us know that its going to be a 2.5 hours wait. we say forget it, we're going home. Now I think that they are going to figure something out and we'll have about 2 hours to play BIA. Well, I just get booted up, and JFA walks in. He informs me that, "The girls are home." Im like, "ok." and he proceeds to tell me that GF is upset. ok. "She wants you to come home." BULLSHIT!! I cannot believe that shit!!! I just get off work, have a few hours to play this new game I got and she wants me to come home to console her for something. Now I have no idea what it is at this point but, I immediately think, it cant be too much. So I fucking pack up because I know if I dont Ill be opening a can of worms. I walk down to the house and its as foreboding as you can imagine. No lights on at all. I walk in and in my office by the front door is 3R and she looks up from my comp., which she's using, and gives me a look like I'm walking to my execution. Wow, this must be awful. Brain says, "What the fuck did you do? Did you forget something? Fuck!!" So I walk into the bedrooma nd she's on the bed crying, fetal fucking position crying. What the fuck could be so bad....I didn't dump her. Anyways, so i climb on the bed, "honey. whats wrong?" sob sob sob. "Honey, whats the matter?" sob sob sob. "Baby, please tell me." "Look at my hair!! Friday I went and got my hair done and hated it. So today I went to someplace else to just get a slight fix and now my hair looks like I never had anything done on it at all and now Im out $320 {PING - heard that .... the rest was kinda jibberish}. "Baby it looks good to me, plus its just hair babe it looks fine" The look said, "wrong." So I proceeded to console her and in between her sobs got her to calm down. later that night I paid $320 worth of her bills so now she cant say "Im out X amount of dollars." Now I ask, THAT IS WORTH CRYING ABOUT!!?? WOMEN.....unbelievable that THAT would earn some tears. My brain does not compute this.

So was the hair cut bad?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #25
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
So was the hair cut bad?

no cutting involved!! fucking coloring!!

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 12:00 PM   #26
Blackadar
Retired

SO YAST3RDAY AFTAR WORK BF AND MYSELF WANT 2 COMPUSA 2 GET BROTHERS IN ARMS!!1!111! WTF I MUST SAY TAHT THEY MATCHED BST BUYS PRIEC 3VENTHOUGH B DIDNT HAEV THEM IN S2K SO TAHT WAS COL BUT AL BF AND I WANTAD 2 O WAS GO 2 HIS HOUSA (6 DORS DOWN) INSTAL TEH GMES (ONE ON HIS HOME COMP11!1!1 AND ON3 ON MAH LAP2P AND ANJOY THEM FOR AN HOUR OR SO)!11!!11 WTF LOL NOW WHIEL WE WERA AT COMPUSA GF AND 3R CAL3D 2 ASK IF W3 WANT3D 2 MET TH3M FOR DINAR AT TEH NU CHESECAEK FAC2RY TAHT OPANAD UP 2 DAYS AGO!!!!11!1 OMG LOL SO AS NOT 2 SOUND LIEK HERMITS W3 SADE K AND WE CALED JFA AND LET HIM KNOW SO TAHT WHEN WE CALAD HIM 2 HAAD UP THEIR HA CUD LEAEV AND MET US ON TIEM!111!11! OMG W3L AFT3R COMPUSA WE WOK3D OVER 2 SOFA 3XPR3S 2 SE DA COUCHES IM HAVNG DELIEVR3D AT TEH END OF TEH MONTH1!!!1! OMG WTF LOL ANYWAYS TEH GIRLS CAL AND LET US KNOW TAHT ITS GONG 2 B A 25!111 OMG LOL HOURS WATE1!1! LOL W3 SAY FORGAT IT WAR3 GONG HOM31!1!!1 OMG WTF LOL NOW I THINK TAHT TH3Y R GONG 2 FIGURA SOM3THNG OUT AND W3L HAEV ABOUT 2 HOURS 2 PLAY BIA!111! OMG LOL WEL I JUST GET BOT3D UP AND JFA WOKS IN111!1!!! OMG WTF HA INFORMS M3 TAHT DA GIRLS R HOM3!!!1!11 OMG WTF IM LIEK OK!111 OMG WTF LOL AND H3 PROCEDS 2 TAL M3 TAHT GF IS UPSAT!11!!1!! OMG LOL OK!1!!1 OMG WTF LOL SHA WANTS U 2 COME HOM3!!11!11 OMG WTF LOL BULSHIT!1!!!11!1!1!! OMG WTF I CANOT BLEIVE TAHT SHIT!1!!!!1!11!!11!1! OMG LOL I JUST GET OF WORK HAEV A FEW HOURS 2 PLAY THIS NU GME I GOT AND SHE WANTS M3 2 COME HOM3 2 CONSOLE H3R FOR SOM3THNG!!1!111 OMG WTF LOL NOW I HAEV NO IEDA WUT IT IS AT THIS POINT BUT I IM3DIAETLY THINK IT CANT B 2 MUCH!1111!1 OMG LOL SO I FUKNG PAK UP B/C I KNOW IF I DONT IL B OPANNG A CAN OF WORMS!!!!1! OMG WTF I WOK DOWN 2 TEH HOUSA AND ITS AS FOR3BODNG AS U CAN IMAGIEN!1111 NO LIGHTS ON AT AL1!!1!!! LOL I WOK IN AND IN MAH OFIEC BY TEH FRONT DOR IS 3R AND SHA LOKS UP FROM MAH COMP1!!1!!11 OMG WTF WHICH SH3S USNG AND GIEVS ME A LOK LIEK IMM WOKNG 2 MAH 3X3CUTION!!1! OMG LOL WOW THIS MUST B AWFUL1!11! OMG BRANE SAYS WTF DID U DO?!??!! OMG DID U FORGET SOM3THNG?!??????! WTF LOL FUK!!1!1!11!1 SO I WOK IN2 DA BDROMA ND SH3S ON DA BD CRYNG FETAL FUKNG POSITION CRYNG111!!1 WTF CUD B SO BAD..I!1!!1!11!1!!!1111!!!1!! LOL DIDNT DUMP H3R1!11!!1 ANYWAYS SO I CLIMB ON TEH BD HON3Y!11! OMG LOL WUT WRONG??!?! LOL SOB SOB SOB111!!!1! OMG WTF HON3Y WUT TEH MAT3R?!??? WTF SOB SOB SOB111111! LOL BABY PLZ TAL MA!111!1!1 WTF LOL LOK AT MAH HARE!11!!11!11!!11 FRIDAY I WENT AND GOT MAH HARE DON3 AND HAETD IT!11! WTF SO 2DAY I WENT 2 SOMAPLAEC ELSA 2 JUST GET A SLIGHT FIX AND NOW MAH HARE LOKS LIEK I NEVER HAD ANYTHNG DONE ON IT AT AL AND NOW IM OUT $320 {PNG - H3ARD TAHT ..11!1111!11!!!11111!!!1! LOL DA REST WAS KINDA JIBARISH}!11!!! WTF BABY IT LOKS GOD 2 ME PLUS ITS JUST HARE BAEB IT LOKS FIEN TEH LOK SADE WRONG!1!!!!11 OMG WTF LOL SO I PROCEDED 2 CONSOL3 HAR AND IN BTWEN HAR SOBS GOT H3R 2 CALM DOWN11!11!!! OMG LOL L8R TAHT NIGHT I PADE $320 WORTH OF HER BILS SO NOW SH3 CANT SAY IM OUT X MOUNT OF DOLARS1!1! OMG NOW I ASK TAHT IS WORTH CRYNG ABOUT!??111!1!!1111!11?!!!??!!?! WOM3N..UNBLEIVABLA111!1!1!11!1!!11!1!11!1!1!!!11! WTF LOL TAHT TAHT WUD AARN SOM3 TEARS1111!1 LOL MAH BRANE DOES NOT COMPUTA THIS
111111! WTF LOL
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:00 PM   #27
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl

Well its kind of inevitable...I got her to quit her job and get her Real Estate lic. and while she's hired by the company I work for they dont have a neighborhood for her yet so she is sans income right now. So, ACTUALLY, I was going to probably have to pay it anyways but I got her to shut up too...so it was kinda bonus.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 12:00 PM   #28
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:

how could he have missed that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #29
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #30
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...hlight=Awkward

Cringe...i wont even tell you what I spent on the fuckin' USFL site. but thats supposedly going to be worth it.

I can imagine, I have looked into it a little bit in the past for the Imperial League. But it is coming along nicely.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:07 PM   #31
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

This reminds me of a Miami Vice episode I saw last night. I think your GF has a self-esteem issue.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #32
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Pics plz of the following: BF, GF, JFA and 3R.

Also, would you happen to have a Dead Sea Scroll available to make heads or tails of the initial post?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:36 PM   #33
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I hope her hair isn't so bad that she has to wear a hat. She might have to appear in front of that County commissioner in the other thread...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #34
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Old 03-21-2005, 12:38 PM   #35
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

LOL

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 03-21-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:39 PM   #36
bbor
Pro Starter

LOL!

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #37
Celeval
Pro Starter

flere, you are da man.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:43 PM   #38
Celeval
Pro Starter

Flasch - the amusing thing is that this comes a day after my wife laughed at her mother (from Jax) when she was talking about going to the NCF. Whenever a CF opens someplace, especially one where there hasn't been before, it's a minimum 2 hour wait, 3 during lunch/dinner hours for the first two weeks.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:46 PM   #39
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Blackie and flere =
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #40
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Flasch - the amusing thing is that this comes a day after my wife laughed at her mother (from Jax) when she was talking about going to the NCF. Whenever a CF opens someplace, especially one where there hasn't been before, it's a minimum 2 hour wait, 3 during lunch/dinner hours for the first two weeks.

Ive never been to one...they also just opened a Maggiano's and P.F. Changs there. It'll be a while before I sit for 2 hours for something that Ill shit out a few hours later......unless dairy's involved, then its 15 minutes later. (sorry TMI)

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #41
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I should also give props to Flasch for inspiring this kind of lunacy. Thanks for another instant-classic thread Flasch!
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #42
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

As always, you are my hero.

And $320 on hair?!?!?! Holy crap.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:54 PM   #43
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ive never been to one...they also just opened a Maggiano's and P.F. Changs there. It'll be a while before I sit for 2 hours for something that Ill shit out a few hours later......unless dairy's involved, then its 15 minutes later. (sorry TMI)

In about three weeks, go at 11:30am (pre-lunch rush). Somewhat pricey, but a lot of food and worth it. Unsurprisingly, good desserts.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:57 PM   #44
Flasch186
Coordinator

my nieghbor across the street runs the PFC and he couldn't get us in without the wait....eh, fuck it. in the last few days Ive bought 2 new games, GF got new door handles for the doors in the house (yes they fucking worked fine but why not spend a little more dough - its hard for me to argue when im a video game addict) so Im too busy to spend 2 hours standing in line.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 12:57 PM   #45
lurker
High School JV

Why would anyone pay more than 10 or 15 bucks to get their hair done? Chances are it'll look worse than before, and even if it looks better (which is a big if because everyone I know who spends a lot of money on their hair looks like they stuck it in a toaster) it won't last forever.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:06 PM   #46
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
Why would anyone pay more than 10 or 15 bucks to get their hair done? Chances are it'll look worse than before, and even if it looks better (which is a big if because everyone I know who spends a lot of money on their hair looks like they stuck it in a toaster) it won't last forever.

I think when I said, "Its just hair." that was a bad thing...I think.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13 PM   #47
lurker
High School JV

Tell her that her hair looks better natural, which might make her feel better. That's true most of the time anyway -- I mean, it's not 1990 where everyone has hair-sprayed bangs or something.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #48
Desnudo
Coordinator

The way trends have been running lately, I have a bad feeling we will be seeing feathered hair making a return soon.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #49
MikeVic
Head Coach

LOL. Damnit for making me laugh out loud again.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote