Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

WWSM 2005 - "Access Array out of Bounds"

Had trouble with the game crashing to the desk top. After I installed 5.0.3 the problems got worse.

I uninstalled everything, cleared out the registry, and the reinstalled. All games new, old, etc. crash during the first match played.

Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

if i made the game i'd be quite embarrased by that
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

But wait...then it gets better.

So now I decide to reinstall (again). I remove everything. I clear the registry (again). I even download a new copy of the 503 patch. I reboot, reinstall, repatch.

Now I can't even START a new game, let alone try to play a match. When I try to start a new game I get a hard blue-screen crash.

This sucks.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

odd FlameEater. But I'm inclined to think that somehow it isn't a problem with the game because I just installed FM2005 onto my new PC and patched it up to 5.03 and am having no problem with it. And from what I understand the two are identical except for the filenames essentially...weird. Don't freak, I'm sure MV will be around shortly to address this for ya.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

Blue screens of death usually point to a problem with hardware or the OS. How long has it been since you installed your OS?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:31 AM   #6
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Can you indicate the error that occurs in detail please plus details of you machine setup and I'll try and ascertain what the cause is.

Random crashes like that are normally due to PC setup (ie. a bad device driver or most commonly lack of disk space meaning that virtual memory is exhausted).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marc
PS> Yes, feeling embaressed
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:30 AM   #7
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

Hi Marc,

I have an Athlon 1700+ (1.45GHz) with 512MB of ram; 114GB hard drive with 104GB open. Windows XP Service Pack 2. Virtual Memory: Total paging file size for all drives 767 MB (is that what you're talking about?)

My hard drive died a few months ago so the installation is pretty new. I started playing the game in mid-January and played until mid-February without incident. Then things started going down hill quickly. The only thing I can think of is that there were a few Windows updates installed on my machine 2/10/2005 which is about the time things started heading south.

Two situations I'm seeing.

1. Game crashes to desk top during a match. "Access array out of bounds". That's it. That's all it says.

2. Blue screen of death. After I reinstalled for about the third time, I can't start a new game. The machine thinks for awhile and then crashes to a blue screen. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Thanks for your time.

Dave.

Edit: 2a. Another blue screen of death...says something about a driver on the kernel stack is bad and needs to be replaced.

I understand that most of this sounds like a "my computer" problem, but any advice would be appreciated. The hard drive is new and the installation is new. The game used to work...now it doesn't. I'm fairly clueless here.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Flame Eater : 03-08-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #8
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

Bump.

Just in case.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #9
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Eater
Hi Marc,

I have an Athlon 1700+ (1.45GHz) with 512MB of ram; 114GB hard drive with 104GB open. Windows XP Service Pack 2. Virtual Memory: Total paging file size for all drives 767 MB (is that what you're talking about?)

My hard drive died a few months ago so the installation is pretty new. I started playing the game in mid-January and played until mid-February without incident. Then things started going down hill quickly. The only thing I can think of is that there were a few Windows updates installed on my machine 2/10/2005 which is about the time things started heading south.

Two situations I'm seeing.

1. Game crashes to desk top during a match. "Access array out of bounds". That's it. That's all it says.

2. Blue screen of death. After I reinstalled for about the third time, I can't start a new game. The machine thinks for awhile and then crashes to a blue screen. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Thanks for your time.

Dave.

Edit: 2a. Another blue screen of death...says something about a driver on the kernel stack is bad and needs to be replaced.

I understand that most of this sounds like a "my computer" problem, but any advice would be appreciated. The hard drive is new and the installation is new. The game used to work...now it doesn't. I'm fairly clueless here.

Thanks again.

This sounds a bit 'scarey grimness' to be honest - most likely cause from the sounds of things is a device driver for something in your PC misbehaving, any chance of you emailing the output of a run from dxdiag to [email protected] so I can have a trudge through your driver setups?

PS> Do you have partitions upon your hard-disk? - if so what are the sizes?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #10
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Eater
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Have you recently added a new piece of hardware other than the hard drive? or did your new hard drive involve installing a new controller card?

I've had that issue three times before (not related to FM2005). Once after installing a new sound card due to IRQ conflicts, and another time when a soundcard was dieing and was causing all sort of havoc.

If you've recently installed a new piece of hardware/card, try switching the slot you put it into and reboot and see if it still happens. If your out of slots, you might have to switch some around. While hardware can sometimes share IRQs, certain pieces sometimes don't play nice together.

The third time, well.. I doubt its the problem as you just replaced your HD. But the third time was just recently on my other (and now dead) computer when the motherboard was shitting the bed and was corrupting sectors on the hard drive and mangling the OS install.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #11
Anthony
Banned

wow, Marc, great customer service. i know you're a nerd with no life an all, but to volunteer that he send in his files and such so you could look at them...very impressive.

i'm going to trade in a couple of games collecting dust, and will be picking up your fine product within the week.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:52 AM   #12
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
wow, Marc, great customer service. i know you're a nerd with no life an all, but to volunteer that he send in his files and such so you could look at them...very impressive.

We do this for all our games, SI isn't a huge outfit and all of us here are first and foremost fans of our games - most of us came from 'outside' the industry and were once sitting on the outside playing games.

Hence we remember how frustrating it was to have a problem and no one to help you with it .. so we do our best to ensure that people avoid having these problems with our games.

If someone has a problem then we'll do our utmost to help, take in dxdiags, attempt to repair save games and have even once or twice had people drop their PC's into our offices so we can check their components out and help rebuild them (normally only the case if we think their might be a problem with an obsolete card driver or similar, this is simply because otherwise we'd have to change business and setup as a PC repair shop ).
Old 03-09-2005, 04:54 AM   #13
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
i know you're a nerd with no life an all,
Sad thing is I have a wife and 3 kids - plus a fairly active social life ... luckily I'm blessed with the ability to only require around 5 hours sleep a night so I do a lot of work while my families asleep (which coincides nicely with American time, hence you see me on these boards a lot).
Old 03-09-2005, 05:03 AM   #14
SnowMan
High School Varsity

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is most times a bad stick of RAM or a video card driver issue. I'd try removing a stick of RAM (if you have 2) testing, then swapping for the other stick to see if it's one of those. If nothing helps with that, then reinstalling your vid driver is worth a shot.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:33 AM   #15
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

Marc,

Never mind.

We tried to reformat the drive and reinstall windows, but things have now officially died. My wife stripped the machine down to the bare bones, but error messages kept popping up during the install process. So....hello, Dell.

Thanks for your attention. I look forward to singing praises to your game (again) when my new machine gets here. Cheers!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #16
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Well I just got this during a contract negotiation. It ended up removing the clauses part of the screen for the particular player, and now I am unable to put him into any matches as he has disappeared from my team. If I click on him on the news it says Rosenborg, but I'm unable to move him between my senior squad, 2nd squad and he doesnt appear on the roster screen and since he was a starter that position is available.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:00 AM   #17
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

just following up

i had another save game from a few months before I got this bug in the same career. Same thing he has just disappeared. So basically I have a guy making 2.5 million over the next 3 seasons who won't be able to play. I guess when he missed that penalty against Liverpool in the ECC, the fans took it a little hard and kidnapped him.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #18
Desnudo
Coordinator

Is he on the Rosenborg roster and playing for them? I had this happen in a game with no patches. A player I terminated the loan contract on somehow got stuck on my roster. I could do everything with his profile except play him or release him. At the same time, he was on another team and actually playing for them.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:07 PM   #19
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Next to his name it says Rosenborg but that's the only indication he's a part of the club. He's not on the roster screen and I was thinking okay maybe it's just a viewing bug, but I go to play a match and that striker spot wasn't filled and it was telling me I needed to have more outfield players.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:23 PM   #20
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Jeez I guess I'll just play it off that he signed a lucrative contract and disappeared. Wish the supporters would understand. Injuries, suspensions already threatened my thin roster thanks to the good ole transfer deadline. I'm left with 3 strikers now. I'll miss you Christer.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:05 AM   #21
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm back in the saddle again!

I got a new P4 3.0+GHz giga-hyperthreaded-mega-nice-machine, reloaded everything (over the last few days - what a pain) and now I'm even running the old Scottish 3rd game that stopped working.

Marc Vaughn for president or prime minister or something really big and powerful!