Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
Front Office Midget
High School Varsity

FOF: Most impressive QB I've ever seen

I recently resumed the FOF career that I had last been playing in November (I've had computer problems since then) so I decided to make mention of my current QB.

Earlier in this career, after randomizing an original player file, I was lucky enough to begin with a great QB. Over the first 13 seasons of the league, we won 4 Titles with 2 QBs... one good backup QB named Bert Lasica won 2 of them and then an outstanding, but injury prone QB named Eliseo Heflin. In 13 seasons, he had a record of 147-44-1, and a career rating of 97.6. In 2013 he suffered career-ending injury, when Bert Lasica came in and won the Title for us that year.

That next offseason, I saw an amazing QB in the draft, who I was sure would go early. But 10 picks later, he was still around. Now, Bert Lasica had been a solid QB for us, having won 2 rings (and another one elsewhere), but I kind of viewed him as an overachiever, and not really the future of my team at all, so I wondered what I could get for him. I don't remember the exacts of the deal, but I ended up trading him and another pick to get the 11th pick in the draft, to draft this stud QB Doug Stryzinski.

Stryzinski started immediately as a rookie, getting the team to an 11-5 record, playoff berth, and a wildcard loss to division rival Iowa City. The Milwaukee crowd, used to having a great QB in Eliseo Heflin, was not impressed with this QB as he threw 4 interceptions in his first playoff game. His rookie season had been good for a rookie, 3182 yards, 20 TDs, 10 INTs, and 84.6 rating, but it wasn't fantastic.

In 2015, we resigned our starting RB from 2013 named Thomas McKenzie, hoping a solid 1000 yard RB would help develop our young QB. Opening day left more Milwaukee fans in disarray, as Stryzinski went 14 of 30 for 178 yards and 2 INTs in a loss to division rival Des Moines (one of only two games Des Moines would win all year).

Now I should mention at this point our head coach was 4-time Coach of the Year Dario Schult, who had led us to 4 Bowls (3 victories) in 9 years, and was widely recognized as the best coach in football, despite the fact he was only 41 years old. He was not about to let Milwaukee stay down in the rut- and they didn't. Thomas Mackenzie really stepped up that year, averaging 5.75 yards per carry and gaining 1340 yards. Doug Stryzinski picked up his play after week 1, and finished the season with a 92.5 rating, 23 TDs, 13 INTs, 3533 yards, and a 12-4 record. A lot of people expected Stryzinski to choke in the playoffs, but it was not the case this time. After a first round bye, he came out firing against Baton Rouge, going 22 of 29 for 271 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs, in a 34-31 victory over Alvin Robbins (rival QB who had also been drafted in the first round of the same year.) We blazed through division rival Omaha in the Championship game, and were headed to Louisville to face Sioux Falls in the Front Office Bowl. Doug Stryzinski led us to a 38-30 victory which wasn't even that close, and he was named FO Bowl MVP going 21 of 30 for 242 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT.

Now, in 2015, our TE had been our most productive WR. We knew that 2016 could be our year to have a great offense, we had all the tools in place, except a WR core for our young QB. We went out and spent a ton to sign two of the 3 best WRs in the market- Darnell Eldridge and Darnell Downs. 5 years earlier, Eldridge had set the records for receptions (139) and yards (1831) in a season, and was a 5-time All-Pro. Darnell Downs was a division rival (from Iowa City) who was coming off a season with 119 catches and 1950 yards, and was a 3-time All-Pro himself. With this receiving cast, Mackenzie at RB, and a 3rd-year mature Stryzinski, we thought we had it in place. And we did. We went 15-1 in 2016, in one of the most impressive overall efforts in league history. McKenzie ran for 1577 yards and 15 TDs. Both receivers were over 1000 yards, with Eldridge receiving All-Pro nominations with 1315 yards and 13 TDs. And this was truly the breakout year for Doug Stryzinski, when football would never be the same. 3965 yards, 35 TDs, only 6 INTs, and he broke the QB Rating record (previously held by Eliseo Heflin) with a 115.4. The offense racked up 485 points that year, the defense only gave up 227. 5 of our offensive players were All Pro that year, with Doug Stryzinski winning OPOY and MVP. Stryzinksi threw for 395 yards in the first playoff victory 34-24, we breezed through the NC Championship game, and destroyed Colorado Springs in the Front Office Bowl, 27-11. Stryzinski once again was named MVP of the big game, going 21-28 for 256 yards and 1 TD, though many argued the MVP should have been Mckenzie, who ran 30 times for 172 yards and 2 TDs.

We couldn't afford to keep Mckenzie in 2017, but replaced him with Derrick Caswell, who had won 2 rings in Cincinatti a few years earlier. He wasn't as great, but still ran for 1211 yards and 9 TDs. 2017 proved just as denominating for us. Eldridge was once again an All-Pro WR with 1346 yards and 15 TDs. Stryzinski had an amazing season again, with 4130 yards, 40 TDs (a new record), a 109.2 rating, and only 9 INTs. It was another 15-1 season for us (440 PF-288 PA), we rolled through the playoffs and won our 3rd straight Title. Stryzinski was once again Bowl MVP, going 25-35 for 290 yards and 2 TDs, in a commanding 27-17 win over Albany. Stryzinzki was once again named League MVP and 1st Team All-Pro QB (one of 4 All Pros, along with Eldridge and 2 OL).

Eldridge left after 2017, leaving Downs as our top WR and constantly injured. In 2018, Caswell failed to reach 1000 yards, and our leading WR had 827 yards. Still, Stryzinski threw for 3931 yards, 30 TDs, only 7 INTs, and a 110.4 rating, leading us to another 15-1 season with 444 PF and 303 PA. We won in OT in the divisional playoffs over Baton Rouge, then dominated McAllen 57-20 in the conference championship. The FO Bowl went down to a last second FG, a 29 yarder by our K Ian Davison to get us the 23-20 win. Stryzinski, for the 4th year in a row, named FO Bowl MVP, going 20 of 30 for 245 yards and 3 TDs, no INTs. Stryzinski was 2nd Team All-Pro that year. Baton Rouge's QB Alvin Robbins was MVP that year with 37 TDs, 4684 yards, and a 110.1 rating.

In 2019 we once again had no dominating RB, but we did have a 1000 yard WR in Marshall Murphy, who we had drafted in the first round of 2015 but had not become a force until 2019 as he caught 1104 yards. Stryzinski threw for 4157 yards that year, throwing 32 TDs, 8 INTs, and a 103.0 rating. We once again went 15-1, with 424 PF, 268 PA. We rolled through the playoffs again, defeating Austin, Baton Rouge, and Pensacola. No surprise, Stryzinski was named FO Bowl MVP, going 21-27 for 260 yards and 1 TD in a 28-13 win.

In 2020 we had a good RB again in Justin Beyer, who ran for 1357 yards and 10 TDs, while having 469 yards and 4 TDs receiving. Darnell Downs retired over the offseason due to injury, and no receiver had a great year, but Stryzinski still had amazing numbers, with 3932 yards, 29 TDs, only 2 INT, 70.6% Completion, and set a new record with a 116.1 rating. Once again, a 15-1 season, with 452 PF and 275 PA. The playoffs were not even close, and our sixth straight FO Bowl was won over Fargo, 38-7. Stryzinski was once again named Bowl MVP, going 23/31 for 237 yards and 3 TDs. He was once again named 1st Team All-Pro QB, but MVP honors on the year went to RB Frank Winters for the second straight year, who ran 3650 yards and caught for 1100, and a total of 25 TDs over the 2 seasons.

2021 would be a changing year for us. We could no longer afford to surround Stryzinski with amazing players on both sides of the ball. We couldn't afford any of our old WRs, and our OL took a hit. Our defensive line was among the worst in football, and we had 3 rookies starting on D (2 in the secondary). Our WR Ernest Ritter (signed this year) had 1132 yards, leading Stryzinski to a career-high (so far) 4379 yards. Stryzinski also had 32 TDs, 8 INTs, and a 101.6 rating. Still, we only went 12-4. We scored 485 points, but our D struggled and gave up 338. After dominating our divisional playoff game, we had to go on the road in the conference championship. Stryzinski had won 19 straight playoff games, but those were all at home. This was his first time on the road in the playoffs, at 14-2 Raleigh. It was 7-7 at the half and it looked like our amazing run might be in jeopardy, but we controlled the second half and had a 35-21 win. Between the conference and the FO Bowl, a dozen players came down with the flu! One of them was indeed starting QB Doug Stryzinski and his top WR Ritter, but that would not detract them. Facing Jackson in the Bowl, we took an early 21-3 lead, and went on to win 27-21. Stryzinski, for the 7th straight season, was named FO Bowl MVP, going 23/39 for 297 yards and 1 TD. He was helped out by 2nd year RB (drafted in the first round the year before) who had 17 carries for 109 yards. Stryzinski was named MVP this year for the 3rd time in career, and once again was 1st Team All-Pro.

As it stands, after 8 seasons, Stryzinski had 7 rings and 7 FO Bowl MVPs, 3 League MVPs, 4 Time All-Pro 1st Team and once 2nd Team. His all-time winning % of 87% is by far the best ever, he's already 7th all time in wins with 131 (only 16 behind Eliseo Heflin)... with only 19 losses! He's tied for 3rd all-time with 37 4th Quarter comebacks. He had 31,209 yards, 241 TDs, 63 INTs, 65.8% and a 103.8 career rating. Amazing numbers after 8 seasons, I can't wait to see where it goes from here. His attributes at this point are all 100, except a 99 in 3rd down passing, a 78 in sense rush, and a 2 in timing. His scramble frequency is at 35. I'll get a screenshot up soon.

I should also mention Dario Schult has been Coach of the Year for 7 straight years.

Last edited by Front Office Midget : 03-12-2005 at 01:34 AM.
Front Office Midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:42 AM   #2
Tigercat
College Starter

This is just asking for Dean Houston to go to his house and beat the pretty off of him.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:46 AM   #3
SackAttack
Head Coach

He's no Percy Tatum.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:04 AM   #4
Front Office Midget
High School Varsity

Percy Tatum I'm unfamiliar with...
Front Office Midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:49 AM   #5