Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2005, 10:55 AM   #51
KWhit
Coordinator

The main problem with the new movies: No Han.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:57 AM   #52
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit

Ahh, the most accurate thing I've seen in this thread.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #53
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit

Pretty much.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:02 AM   #54
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Yes, but a dork with some pretty good points.

Edit: This would have been more funny had it actually shown up after the proper post.

Last edited by BrianD : 03-11-2005 at 11:06 AM.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:02 AM   #55
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
I've heard that from others as well. Maybe I need to watch it again. I've held off on getting the originals on DVD because I'm expecting a boxed set after the 3rd one comes out, but maybe I'll have to get it from Netflix just to see it again.

Yeah, I didn't watch TPM for a long time after I first saw it. It was on TV after I saw AOTC, and figured nothing else is on might as well watch it. There is a lot to pick up in there.

In the OT, Yoda is always talking about the present, not the future. In TPM and AOTC, notice he is always worried about the future, there is a reason for that!

Notice how in the OT, everyone talks about feelings. They can feel people who are strong with the force, yet in TPM they have to measure Anakin's midichlorians to determine whether he is capable of being trained, there is a reason for that!

The whole, "I have a bad feeling about this," quote from Obi-Wan, there is a reason for that!

Basically, the Jedi have lost touch with the force. They try to manipulate it, and are not listening to the will of the Force. That is why they measure Anakin's midi count, that is why Yoda is concerned about the future, not the present.

The only Jedi who has it close to being right (aside from Qui-Gonn) is Obi-Wan, which is why he has the bad feeling. He knows something more sinister is afoot, but what it is he does not know yet! That is why, at the end of everything, only Yoda and Obi-Wan are left. They are the two Jedi who are closest to the Force!

OK, after posting all of this I feel like a complete dork!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #56
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
Basically, the Jedi have lost touch with the force. They try to manipulate it, and are not listening to the will of the Force. That is why they measure Anakin's midi count, that is why Yoda is concerned about the future, not the present.

Very interesting. And I can see where you are going with that. In that viewing, the midichilorians make sense. The Jedi have lost their touch with the force and are trying to find, by science, the reasons for their success. They've gotten too complacent and thus can't even sense the biggest, baddest Sith right under their noses. They are left unprepared because they've been stagnant for generations.

Very nice indeed... and don't worry, we'll all dorks here .
Old 03-11-2005, 11:12 AM   #57
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Very interesting. And I can see where you are going with that. In that viewing, the midichilorians make sense. The Jedi have lost their touch with the force and are trying to find, by science, the reasons for their success. They've gotten too complacent and thus can't even sense the biggest, baddest Sith right under their noses. They are left unprepared because they've been stagnant for generations.

Exactly! Sort of like the Lakers in the Finals last year, they feel that if they show up, things will go well for them. Since they lost touch with what made them great, things begin to fall apart!

After watching AOTC, you begin to notice a bunch of little small things that Palps has been putting into Anakin's brain since the end of TPM! He is one awesome villain. Plus, the Jedi play into Palps hands because they never really wanted Anakin to be trained which leads to distrust and other things which become more and more manifest throughout the PT, and leads to Anakin's unhappiness with the order.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:14 AM   #58
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

hmm- that does tend to make sense - the attempt to rediscover, as it were.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #59
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
Exactly! Sort of like the Lakers in the Finals last year, they feel that if they show up, things will go well for them. Since they lost touch with what made them great, things begin to fall apart!

After watching AOTC, you begin to notice a bunch of little small things that Palps has been putting into Anakin's brain since the end of TPM! He is one awesome villain. Plus, the Jedi play into Palps hands because they never really wanted Anakin to be trained which leads to distrust and other things which become more and more manifest throughout the PT, and leads to Anakin's unhappiness with the order.

And from the new trailer, it seems Palpatine could be just as good a villian as Vader was in the original trilogy. He is amazingly badass in the trailer. Who would have thought an old white guy would out-badass Samuel L. Jackson?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #60
Havok
College Starter

Im sorry, TPM was absolute crap, the only good part was Darth Maul and the lightsaber duel at the end. The movie was extremely slow and boring at times, jar jar was a joke, and the whole pod racing thing was just so out of place.

AOTC was better imo, but that doesn't mean its anywhere near the level the original 3 are at. That Factory scene made we wanna walk out of the dam theater, R2D2 can all the sudden fly???? what???

This next movie better kick so serious ass, thats all im saying