Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
Franklinnoble
Banned

Ministry in Israel

Below is an e-mail update I get from a missionary worker in Israel. She is a Christian (non-denominational) missionary who seems to have a knack for reaching out to Palestinians and Jews. It is complete and unedited. I thought perhaps the board might profit from reading her most recent account of current events over there. A lot of this doesn't make it into the newspapers and TV broadcasts over here.

HAPPY HANUKKAH!

Last night the eight days of Hanukkah began. As I was returning to my house through the West Bank I came to an Israeli checkpoint. The young soldier who greeted me had a black ski mask on, but also a big smile. The soldiers had just lit the Hanukkah candles and the guard shack was glowing. Though he was freezing cold, he smiled, waved me through and said "Hag Sameaach" (Happy Holiday).

NEWS
Security was extra tight last night because earlier Hamas had killed a soldier and wounded four others. They had an hour shoot-out before it was all over.

Marwan Bargouti, who is serving 5 life sentences in an Israeli jail for the murder of Jewish people, is running for 'President' of the Palestinian people. I just don't get it. His competition, Mochmud Abbas received a doctorate on his thesis that the holocaust never happened. It sounds like Israel will be getting a good 'peace partner' to negotiate with, no matter who wins.

Monday Israel had a prisoner exchange with Egypt. Israel released 6 Egyptian students who were arrested for illegally entering the border and conspiring to kidnap and kill Israeli soldiers. In exchange, Egypt released an Arab Druze business man accused of spying on Egypt.

The Bush Administration is giving 20 million dollars for direct aid to the Palestinian Authority.

MINISTRY
We had another baptism! One of the guys I'm working with said he was ready to go down to the Jordan River and join with a group visiting from California. The Pastor, Nick of Placerville Calvary Chapel and Smiley performed the baptism. You would not believe the glow on this guy's face! Afterwards we took boxes of clothing to his village. It was a 16 hour day and we had to rent a van, but it was worth every minute and shekel! We also had a Jewish man with us. He was so intrigued when everyone was singing and worshipping the Lord that he wanted to come and be with the Christians again last night. The Calvary group gathered around and prayed for him and he was told to read Isaiah 53. Today I 'caught' him reading the Hebrew bible and he began questioning me about the chapter. It doesn't matter where we are, there is always someone near that needs to hear about the love of our Lord.

PRAYER REQUEST
Smiley will be going in front of the Israeli Supreme Court on Thursday morning. The Judge will ask for the reason he needs to continue to stay in Israel instead of the West Bank under Palestinian control. The answer of course is that he will most likely be killed, because he's considered a traitor for converting to Christianity. If this is not an acceptable answer he could be sent back. We need your prayers for favor with the Judge tomorrow. We know that God is in control and can put a man where He wants, but we also know that He hears the prayers of the 'Saints'...that's YOU!

Personal STUFF
Some of my mail is not reaching some of you, and some of your mail is not reaching me. I don't know why this is happening again, but it is. So if you sent an email to me and I haven't answered you it's possible the email was not delivered. Please re-send it, but remember that there are no guarantees that it's going to work. :{

When you reply to my email, please remember to delete my report first, it's risky enough to send these Updates 'one-way'.

Thank you for your prayers...the pneumonia is practically gone and I'm regaining strength.

If I get over the struggle I will be broadcasting voice reports through the internet and you can tune into: [email protected] to hear them. I need your prayers for this new challenge....it's harder than I thought!

Thanks, (Todah)
Cheryl

Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:26 PM   #2
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I guess if the kids can dance to it, they should play there.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:56 PM   #3
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
I guess if the kids can dance to it, they should play there.

glad i'm not the only one humming "jesus built my hotrod" after reading this thread's title.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:58 AM   #4
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
glad i'm not the only one humming "jesus built my hotrod" after reading this thread's title.

Wow... I haven't heard that song in years, but, man. I bought the single on CD my freshman year in college, and I must have burned a hole through that sucker, I listened to it so many times.

Jesus built my car. It's a love affair... mainly Jesus, and my hotrod...

Nice threadjack, fellas. Well done.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #5
Franklinnoble
Banned

Just got another update from this person over there.... interesting tidbit (pardon the misspelling):

Quote:
Last night the owner of the New England Patriots dedicated the new American Football Stadium in Jerusalem. Mr. Craft said "I love America, I love Israel, I love Jerusalem and I love American football. He also said "Since we established a stadium here in Israel (1999) we won the next three out of four Super Bowls, and I don't think this is a coincidence". Could he be referring to the scripture in Genesis 12:3?