Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-24-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
sabotai
General Manager

Tennis Match Sim: Build Seven

I finally got around to working on my tennis sim a bit more. Meant to have this out a few weeks ago, but WoW took over. Here's what's new in it.

Added: Match History: After a match has been played, you can choose to save it to file. Match histories can be viewed from the View Player form.

Added: Point Indicators: During a match, if it's break point, set point and/or match point, a little indicator becomes visible.

Added: A few more commentary notes: When it's duece, the commentary will tell you which duece you are on. For instance, if you are going to be playing the 3rd duece of the game, it'll tell you. Also, when the match is over, it'll display the score (including tie break scores) in the commentary text.

Added: Setup Match Options: Now, on the Setup Match screen, on the list to choose your players, it tells you their nationality and gender. I also rearranged the form some.

Fixed: Several minor bugs: Not going to list them because it's been awhile since I released build six and I don't know which bugs i fixed were in Build Six and which ones were created while I worked on it. If you find a bug, please tell me about it. I will be putting up a forum soon so you can do that.

You can download it from my website: http://www.irregardlessproductions.com

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #2
Suicane75
Coordinator

Its been awhile since ive played this, but im still interested in doing a FOFC Tour if I can get enough, ie: at least 16, signups. I'll give this build a try over the weekend.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:54 PM   #3
korme
Go Reds

suicane you are a ninja, you have a reply in every thread before i read it
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
suicane you are a ninja, you have a reply in every thread before i read it

Killin time before the family get together this evening. 2 More hours, I may reach 4,000 posts by then.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:33 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sweet. a tennis sim. Does it have the ability to play as Anna Kournikova and use my sex-appeal with the male judges to sway their calls?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:24 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
sweet. a tennis sim. Does it have the ability to play as Anna Kournikova and use my sex-appeal with the male judges to sway their calls?

That feature requires a $9.99 monthly fee.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #7
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

This is a nice effort. Just beat my brother in our fictional random ratings and US Open Championship!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:51 AM   #8
sabotai
General Manager

Bumping. Just about ready to upload Build Eight to my website. Will probably get it uploaded in the next day or two. The added features are listed on the website (http://www.irregardlessproductions.com). For the most part, the biggest change people will notice is the multiple player generator (which I still need to test out a bit).
Old 02-22-2005, 10:38 AM   #9
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Cool - keep us informed of progress ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:01 AM   #10
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Killin time before the family get together this evening. 2 More hours, I may reach 4,000 posts by then.

So did anyone else read this thread without realizing it was an old bump and think "holy shit, he has 4200 posts now, must have been a busy 2 hours" ?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:02 PM   #11
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
So did anyone else read this thread without realizing it was an old bump and think "holy shit, he has 4200 posts now, must have been a busy 2 hours" ?

lol, yeah, I did.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #12
sabotai
General Manager

Uploaded Build Eight.

If you have an old players.dat file, make sure the first thing you do is "Convert Old Players File" from the Players option in the menu. Also, make sure you overwrite your nations.dat file with the one in the zip or else bad things will happen.

The generate multiple players feature is working, but US names are the only names lists I have done, so it doesn't matter what nation a player is from, he or she will be given a US name. I'll be completeing new names lists (and updating the nations.dat file) as time goes on.

And if you so desire (and sorry about the female names not being in alphabetical order), you can add and delete names from the lists (but make sure there is at least one name in the file or else bad things will happen). The game counts how many names there are in the file and randomly picks one when it creates a player so you can add and delete from the lists as much as you want.