Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2005, 08:54 AM   #51
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Not happening I'm afraid, I'm not a huge fan of such things and would prefer to simulate the world of football without any illegal incidents.

I've got kids and want to write a game which is morally 'sound' - bizarre I know, but hey 'tis my choice and people are welcome to write a game incorporating such things if they want (and indeed there have been some which allow this sort of thing).

PS> Drug taking isn't present for the same reaosn, although oddly enough I have seriously considered putting it into the game (as a random event for regenned players) BUT only if its done in a very negative manner to warn people about its consequences .... dunno if I'll ever do it, its something I'm still wresting with (comments?).

Drugs are both positive and negative. Don't implement it unless you show both sides of the coin.

astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:03 AM   #52
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64
Drugs are both positive and negative. Don't implement it unless you show both sides of the coin.

(Bill Hicks rip off warning)

Yeah to positive drug stories in FM:

"Today Chelsea's Joe Cole, while on acid during training, realized that all matter is merely energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the rest of the scores’"

Last edited by Critch : 02-12-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #53
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Only if 66 year old Zidane uses pot to clear up his cattracts so he can be ready for his conference game can i see a positive use for drugs
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #54
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Marc,

I have a question about the effectiveness of the new patch that's coming out. Currently...I'm in year 2015 in my current game and enjoying it a LOT...not really noticing a dreaded bug that's making the game unplayable. (Actually I don't really notice any bugs) Anyway...you said earlier in this thread that the patch will work better if you start a new career as opposed to applying it to your current saved game.

So my question is...what would be an example of a change that would be more evident in a new game as compared to a saved game?

I am planning on starting a new career once the patch comes out...mostly because I'm getting a new computer this week and will be able to run more leagues. But I'm just confused as to why changes work better in a new game.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #55
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
Marc,

I have a question about the effectiveness of the new patch that's coming out. Currently...I'm in year 2015 in my current game and enjoying it a LOT...not really noticing a dreaded bug that's making the game unplayable. (Actually I don't really notice any bugs) Anyway...you said earlier in this thread that the patch will work better if you start a new career as opposed to applying it to your current saved game.

So my question is...what would be an example of a change that would be more evident in a new game as compared to a saved game?

I am planning on starting a new career once the patch comes out...mostly because I'm getting a new computer this week and will be able to run more leagues. But I'm just confused as to why changes work better in a new game.
Basically the patch fixes will work fine in a save game - BUT some will take time to 'kick in' fully, as they will have to work 'naturally' over time to bring certain values back into line ...

(if it helps I'm around 14 seasons into a game which was created with the release build and there's no way I'm starting again until I've won the European Cup thanks all the same (started in the Conference South with Cambridge City - possibly the most challenging option possible).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #56
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Basically the patch fixes will work fine in a save game - BUT some will take time to 'kick in' fully, as they will have to work 'naturally' over time to bring certain values back into line ...

(if it helps I'm around 14 seasons into a game which was created with the release build and there's no way I'm starting again until I've won the European Cup thanks all the same (started in the Conference South with Cambridge City - possibly the most challenging option possible).
Yeah I'm real close with Bolton (not nearly as big of a challenge) in my currrent game. I'm currently leading the Premiership with them with 11 games to go. I took a job with them after unfairly getting canned by Blackpool after 8 or 9 glorious seasons.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:43 PM   #57
Celeval
Pro Starter

Marc -

Will the accompanying WSM patch be ready to go approx. the same time, within hours, days...?

For us poor bastards who bought it in-store. :-D

Kevin
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:06 AM   #58
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Marc -
Will the accompanying WSM patch be ready to go approx. the same time, within hours, days...?
For us poor bastards who bought it in-store. :-D
Kevin
Should be out at the same time give or take a few hours .... only complicated by publisher politics if at all.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote