Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2005, 10:12 PM   #51
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Which Bettman immediately rejects.

It's going to be a long night.

Agreed. The NHL sounded pretty cleary when they said the $42 million cap was a take it or leave it. I don't think there's going to be much in the way of a middle-ground I fear. Though I must admit this is the first time since the lockout began that I have had even the slightest sliver of hope of this thing being salvaged...

Oh well, my New York Islander Career in EHM:FE is going well at the moment. I guess that's better than nothing...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:13 PM   #52
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I really are we going to hxxp espn DOT com now? sheesh.......

These fuckers better come to a deal as they are this close. I'm not surprised it got rejected but I can see them averaging out the difference (I hope)...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:15 PM   #53
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

"There was no immediate response by the NHL to the counteroffer."

The "REJECTED" headline is referring to the union rejecting the "final offer" and NOT the NHL rejecting the counter...
Old 02-15-2005, 10:16 PM   #54
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
I really are we going to hxxp espn DOT com now? sheesh.......

As you can see I dont post here much so I dont know all the rules. Sorry that you had to do 3 extra keystrokes
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #55
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16
As you can see I dont post here much so I dont know all the rules. Sorry that you had to do 3 extra keystrokes

how do you know to hxxp if you don't know the rules?

anyways.....................................

The union HAS to know that their position gets exponentially worse if the season gets cancelled.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #56
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

If you want to read something interesting check out this site... http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

The guy supposedly knows some people and posts info. Everything isnt 100% accurate but it is fun to read.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:20 PM   #57
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
how do you know to hxxp if you don't know the rules?

because the few times i did see links i saw the hxxp, better to be safe than sorry in my opinon.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:20 PM   #58
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

back to waiting for news!!!!!

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight and I have to work tomorrow morning. I fear it will take right up til 10:59 am...
Old 02-15-2005, 10:27 PM   #59
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16
because the few times i did see links i saw the hxxp, better to be safe than sorry in my opinon.

since when are you a fag? you got balls in RWBL. damn...take off your anal plug and slap CHubby with a flacid cock.

Last edited by Anthony : 02-15-2005 at 10:28 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:27 PM   #60
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
"There was no immediate response by the NHL to the counteroffer."

The "REJECTED" headline is referring to the union rejecting the "final offer" and NOT the NHL rejecting the counter...
http://www.tsn.ca

"Bettman Rejects NHLPA Offer"
Old 02-15-2005, 10:28 PM   #61
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
since when are you a fag? you got balls in RWBL. damn...take off your anal plug and slap CHubby with a flacid cock.

I'm sorry, did the quitter say something?

ML - Yeah, I just saw that on the blog... I'm not surprised that they rejected it but have to pray they meet in the middle. Part of the deal should be Goodenow and Bettman both quit as well.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #62
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Chubby,
I don't ever remember hearing about the Bills after Ralph with Tom.

The Sabres will never go anywheres. Hockey is big here, but we do need a cap. If the Sabres can have a salary cap, then I don't doubt that they'll be much more financially sound.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:35 PM   #63
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Dola...

Are they going to hash out all the other details as well, besides the cap, or is this all already reached, but they are just working on a salary cap figure?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:35 PM   #64
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Chubby,
I don't ever remember hearing about the Bills after Ralph with Tom.

The Sabres will never go anywheres. Hockey is big here, but we do need a cap. If the Sabres can have a salary cap, then I don't doubt that they'll be much more financially sound.

Yup, Golisano has said a couple of times I guess that he'll step up if the need arises with the Bills. Not that I can remember totally where I heard it tho.

I agree, with stable ownership they are fine since the fans know they are actually trying to put out a good product and winning team now instead of trying to lowball every player and put out the cheapest team possible (besides Dom). With some kind of cap, we'll be in good shape as long as we can keep our young core together (which I hope we can).
Old 02-15-2005, 10:36 PM   #65
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yup, Golisano has said a couple of times I guess that he'll step up if the need arises with the Bills. Not that I can remember totally where I heard it tho.

I agree, with stable ownership they are fine since the fans know they are actually trying to put out a good product and winning team now instead of trying to lowball every player and put out the cheapest team possible (besides Dom). With some kind of cap, we'll be in good shape as long as we can keep our young core together (which I hope we can).

I cannot wait to see Vanek in the pros. It's amazing what the lockout is doing to Buffalo Sabres' partners. Empire Sports is being shutdown, so the Sabs will be on MSG. The arena was built for the Sabs is empty.

Last edited by SunDancer : 02-15-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #66
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry, did the quitter say something?

yeah, i told sak to whip out his non-erect penis and to cock-whip you with it? don't you have reading comprehension?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #67
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
I cannot wait to see Vanek in the pros. It's amazing what the lockout is doing to Buffalo Sabres' partners. Empire Sports is being shutdown, so the Sabs will be on MSG. The arena was built for the Sabs is empty.

Well they really aren't related. "Supposedly" they would have lost too much money if they had sold Empire so they are just shutting it down (I call BS but w/e). Nothing would have changed in that regard if the NHL season had started on time. It's actually better for me to have the Sabres games on MSG as the tools at TW weren't carrying Empire anyways and I wasn't able to watch a lot of games on tv here in Rochester.

HA - Go away quitter. Good to see your newfound wealth of time is being used to try and start flamewars in threads that you have no interest in.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:49 PM   #68
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
HA - Go away quitter. Good to see your newfound wealth of time is being used to try and start flamewars in threads that you have no interest in.

your mother should have been a quitter when the pregnacy test came out positive.

Last edited by Anthony : 02-15-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:51 PM   #69
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
your mother should have been a quitter when the pregnacy test came out positive.

YAWN.... I'm not even going to bother with you, you'll just end up quitting at some point soon anyways.

No real updates on the blog yet...
Old 02-15-2005, 10:53 PM   #70
General Mike
Pro Starter

''I'm extremely concerned,'' said Flyers captain Keith Primeau. ''The biggest thing that disturbs me is everyone's true misunderstanding of the fan base. You hear how certain people believe that the hardcore fan will definitely return, that the damage isn't irreparable.

''I think that's a huge miscalculation or judgment in error of who and what your fan base is. That, I think, is going to alarm a lot of people when the doors are re-opened.''

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally. someone who gets it.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:53 PM   #71
Anthony
Banned

you're next on the IHOF hitlist. people hated you almost as much as me.

at least most people openly wrote that they'll miss me. when you're no longer in IHOF people will be glad to get rid of a wannabe HA who is a known cheater when it comes to MP football games. lol.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:53 PM   #72
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
you're next on the IHOF hitlist. people hated you almost as much as me.

at least most people openly wrote that they'll miss me. when you're no longer in IHOF people will be glad to get rid of a wannabe HA who is a known cheater when it comes to MP football games. lol.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:54 PM   #73
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
YAWN.... I'm not even going to bother with you, you'll just end up quitting at some point soon anyways.

you don't have the material to go toe to toe with me. i'll make you feel ashamed that your own mother didn't abort you when she had the chance.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #74
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

go back to your FOF league where you think people want you around. run back to the safety of IHOF where your commish had me on a short leash and would delete my posts to protect you guys.

Last edited by Anthony : 02-15-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:00 PM   #75
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
''I'm extremely concerned,'' said Flyers captain Keith Primeau. ''The biggest thing that disturbs me is everyone's true misunderstanding of the fan base. You hear how certain people believe that the hardcore fan will definitely return, that the damage isn't irreparable.

''I think that's a huge miscalculation or judgment in error of who and what your fan base is. That, I think, is going to alarm a lot of people when the doors are re-opened.''

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally. someone who gets it.

Smart guy... Hell, they should look at what happened with baseball! It just got back to where it approximately was in 1993. And that wasn't even an entire season.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:58 AM   #76
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I respectfully ask Chubby and Hell Atlantic to take the cock-waving to PM's or at least another thread. The rest of us are trying to talk about something significant in here.