Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #1
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

FM2005: Getting Sacked (Marc??)

Why are there no news items sent out when you get the axe from your club? I had finished up a season last night and I got to June 17th and noticed that I wasn't getting any Premiership emails for about a week. Then noticed that I only had my USA National Team listed next to my name. I went to check my history and noticed that I had gotten sacked on June 10th. There are news items for everytime another manager gets sacked in the game...but why not yourself?

MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

wow, that is odd... and it sucks for you...

FM
Old 02-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

That's strange- you usually do get a note saying the board has decided to relieve you of your duties, or something like that.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #4
condors
College Starter

maybe its something that can happen if your a national manager as well as a club manager

(i got my sacked email ummm i was testing new tactics, yeah and ummm)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
maybe its something that can happen if your a national manager as well as a club manager

I guess that could be a possibility since I still had another job.

Anyway...yeah it did suck since I took Blackpool from the depths of League One to the Premiership in four seasons and had them playing in the Premiership for the last four. And not to mention that I left them with $80 million in the bank. Talk about no respect. Anyway...now I'm just trolling the job center waiting to jump on the first available job.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Are you sure that you aren't filtering your inbox? I do that sometimes when I'm looking for something then after a few (game)weeks or so think 'hmm, not much news...' only to realise that i've filtered the rest out and have around 100 unread messages..
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #7
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Are you sure that you aren't filtering your inbox? I do that sometimes when I'm looking for something then after a few (game)weeks or so think 'hmm, not much news...' only to realise that i've filtered the rest out and have around 100 unread messages..
I don't think I do? I guess I don't know how to filter out the inbox. But I know I get all the other news items from when coaches get sacked.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors

me think you tried testing *my* crazy tactics. Surefire way of getting sacked, at one point or another

FM
Old 02-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #9
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Or you could do like me, start changing your tactics after every loss. You'll be out on the street in no time.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
Or you could do like me, start changing your tactics after every loss. You'll be out on the street in no time.
Ha. Well I'm almost as bad. I think I changed mine after every season. I definitely struggled in my last season at the start but I turned it around and finished right at mid-table. Guess the board and the fans expected more.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #11
condors
College Starter

umm i tend to change my tactics DURNING every game but i tend to start with a some form of a 4-4-2 (i think i have over 2 dozen saved tactics none of which are worth uploading). I get up by 2 goals i have a bunch of defensive tactics if i get down by 2 goals i switch to more offensive tactics. 70 minutes mark i will switch to an offensive formation if a tie or down a goal and if up by a goal i will go to an defensive formation.(i win alot of games 2-0)

I have to say it works great until i get into the EPL then i tend to struggle (i get there by grabbing the EPL league teams castoffs). Is it wrong to shortlist every player on the league highest average rating screen, and then try and grab them on bosman's when they have 6 months left on their contract? I also make a note of all liverpool, chelsea, manutd and arsenal players who are going to be out of contract that season and see if they could possibly help my team(alot of their scrubs seem to do great in the EC and lower leagues)
Old 02-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #12
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I have never had much luck with defensive tactics. It could be just that I don't understand the nuances of putting a cohesive one together. If I try to go defensive, the other team usually dominates possession at my end, resulting in eventual shots on Goal and/or corners. Neither of which I like. So I just try to go offensive all the time. My idea of a defensive tactic is when I have three arrows pointing down/backward on the tactics screen.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:19 PM   #13
condors
College Starter

What i do is have 4-4-2

then i may go with a 4-1-3-2

then i may go with a 4-1-4-1

then i may try a 4-2-3-1

you can still have arrows forward

also make sure your midfielders are trying to tackle and win the ball if they are backing down letting the oppenents come to far then adjust (there is a very good thread on si forum about it, or someone could explain it much better than myself)
Old 02-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #14
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

I switch between 3 tactics :

One which lasts 1 season and a half or so with a same club. 4-1-2-1-2
One which is mostly the same but with some position changes (but same orders) : 6 months to 1 year. 4-1-3-2
Another slightly different : 1 season and a half. 4-5-1
And then I go back to the first one.

changes are only made after 3 consecutive losses against weak opponents. But sometimes the switch is made before that (let's say 3-4 months before it starts becoming useless).

I am able to win it all with crappy teams with those tactics.

edit: added tactics

Last edited by BreizhManu : 02-03-2005 at 05:21 PM.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:07 AM   #15
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Can you check if you had filtering on the news as you should definitely have got news about being sacked (be a bit impolite of an employer not to tell you ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote