Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

My work sucks thread...

So, I work for this company as a Business Systems Analyst/.NET Developer/SQL DB guy.

Anyways, we are rolling out a custom developed CRM system that I had no input on the development on, I was busy dealing with Mr. Sarbanes and Mr. Oxley and hearing their story about HA.

Anyways, the 1.0 version rolled to the sales floor, as people started using it without training, their sales dipped majorly, now it also doesn't help that the numbers were in January (our products are $995 to $35,000)

Anyways, the VP of sales started screaming pretty loudly about the numbers being down. In fact, the CEO and everyone were out here this week.

There are fixes and such with this project that have to go out. Anyways, the developer in our San Rafael office isn't moving fast enough, and quite frankly, he isn't a people person.

So they bitched and moaned to the CIO and my boss. I was asked to be the Project Coordinator/Help Desk/Trainer.

I was fine with that...until after a toss a bunch of shit at the developers meeting with the entire Sales Staff (Close to 50 people) I walk out to have the VP say, your boss agreed to have you moved out to the main sales floor.

Well, here I am, on the main sales floor for maybe 15 minutes, and I am ready to pull my hair out...

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heh, don't even get me started on my recent unemployment status and how it came to be.

Idiot asshole boss I never got along with, politics and lies. In the end my boss convinced the CTO of one thing, all my co-workers told the CTO the opposite, but the boss wins. Sigh. I didn't even know why I had been canned until the unemployment office told me, which were of course lies.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #3
Balldog
Pro Rookie

SOX blows! Then again I get 22 days of vacation this year instead of 10 but I don't get paid for 15 days either. Wtf. SOX Blows.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #4
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Just finished a rousing MP Call of Duty tour of duty with my boss and a couple other guys in the office...life is good!!!
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:00 PM   #5
Yossarian
High School Varsity

Quote:
Just finished a rousing MP Call of Duty

How is life as a games shop clerk?
:-p

Last edited by Yossarian : 02-03-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:18 AM   #6
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
How is life as a games shop clerk?
:-p

Now...that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote