Drake
assmaster

yes, yes

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:50 PM   #52
Drake
assmaster

dola...

Dang it. I hate it when a "yes, yes" gets caught on the top of a new page. Bah!
Old 02-11-2003, 03:53 PM   #53
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Having a differing opinion is one of the things that makes us amercian. I applaud anyone who can debate pro/con on "should we go to war" or whatever, in a rational manner. However, once our decision is made to go to war, the dissension must stop and we must get behind our troops; not in front of them.

I cannot wait to see in the coming years when the truth about all these "protesters" comes out and we find that they were all funded by al-queda-friendly organizations.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:59 PM   #54
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by BoneGavel
However, once our decision is made to go to war, the dissension must stop and we must get behind our troops; not in front of them.

Actually, once the decision is made to go to war, then we really should be asking questions. Once it stops being rhetoric and becomes American lives, I definitely don't want the leaders of my government blowing shit for their own political gain.

Quote:
I cannot wait to see in the coming years when the truth about all these "protesters" comes out and we find that they were all funded by al-queda-friendly organizations.

You know that people can disagree with you, with me, and with most everybody else without being card carrying members of The Enemy, right? Seriously, if this is how al Quaeda has decided to "attack" us next, we may as well go back to threatening North Korea or something, because these guys are out of ammo.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:02 PM   #55
John Galt
Pro Starter

I admire the people acting as shields. They are willing to sacrifice their lives in an attempt to stop a war that they believe unjust. They hope to decrease bloodshed and killing and are willing to pay the highest price possible. There is no treason and no evil - I think these people are amazing. I oppose this horrible, inevitable war, but am not willing to make the same sacrifice. I respect those that are more brave than I.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:11 PM   #56
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake
Actually, once the decision is made to go to war, then we really should be asking questions. Once it stops being rhetoric and becomes American lives, I definitely don't want the leaders of my government blowing shit for their own political gain.

You know that people can disagree with you, with me, and with most everybody else without being card carrying members of The Enemy, right? Seriously, if this is how al Quaeda has decided to "attack" us next, we may as well go back to threatening North Korea or something, because these guys are out of ammo.

How does Bush gain any political advantage from this? He isn't Bill "which way are the political winds blowing " Clinton. The information that he and his ilk have backs up his assertions, and if the facts don't, then he is done no matter what the outcome.

I understand that both parties have their problems, but I trust Bush 4 billion times as much as the nearest Democrat (I guess that isn't saying much, being that I have 0 trust in any of them). He has integrity.

As far as the al-queda thing, there is a story floating around that they are pouring money into the protests. Look it up for yourself. They know that the libs hold a lot of emotional sway, and are desperate for any advantage they might gain.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 04:11 PM   #57
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I admire the people acting as [suicide bombers]. They are willing to sacrifice their lives in an attempt to stop a [government] that they believe unjust. They hope to [win] and are willing to pay the highest price possible. There is no treason and no evil - I think these people are amazing. I oppose this horrible [government], but am not willing to make the same sacrifice. I respect those that are more brave than I.

Being brave does not make you a good person worthy of my respect. It makes you a brave person. I respect these protestors bravery if they follow through with their plan, but I also think they are stupid, anti-american and undeserving of their citizenship.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 04:14 PM   #58
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by BoneGavel
As far as the al-queda thing, there is a story floating around that they are pouring money into the protests. Look it up for yourself. They know that the libs hold a lot of emotional sway, and are desperate for any advantage they might gain.

I haven't seen anything saying Al-Qu'aida is involved in funneling money to protestors, but I have seen things saying Iraq and Saudi Arabia are. Also, ANSWER, the group that is organizing all the anti-war protests, is a front for the Workers World Party, which is even more hardcore Communist than the Communist Party now.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #59
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
it seems to that protesting at home is dissent, going to our enemy and providing defense is treason. A shield is a defensive barrier. I don't see how this could be more clear.

--------

In reading up on Treason Law it appear that Treason requires three things:

1.) an overt act
2.) sufficiency of evidence
3.) wrongful intent

It is only on number 3 where a serious objection could be raised.

Last edited by Fritz : 02-11-2003 at 04:38 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 04:33 PM   #60
ACStrider
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake
dola...

Dang it. I hate it when a "yes, yes" gets caught on the top of a new page. Bah!

I was wondering who you were responding to. Never thought it would be me. I had to switch to the other page and scroll down to find that one out.

Dang it. I hate it when a "yes, yes" response to my post is posted on the top of a new page. Bah!
Old 02-11-2003, 04:37 PM   #61
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ACStrider
I was wondering who you were responding to. Never thought it would be me. I had to switch to the other page and scroll down to find that one out.

There's always
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:31 PM   #62
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
In reading up on Treason Law it appear that Treason requires three things:

1.) an overt act
2.) sufficiency of evidence
3.) wrongful intent

It is only on number 3 where a serious objection could be raised.

Indeed. That is a very very subjective concept. What exactly does "wrongful intent" mean is what it appears to come down to. They would say their intent was to stop the needless murder of civilians. Hawks would counter and say that their intent was to interfere with the legitimate United States military operation to disarm a dangerous dictator. Which one is correct?
astralhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:56 PM   #63
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
There's always

I could have done that, sure. But using the quick reply box is so much easier. What can I say? I'm a lazy bastard.

Last edited by Drake : 02-11-2003 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:59 PM   #64
Drake
assmaster

dola...

Bishop, you still haven't told me whether or not you're going to give me Mike Holmgren or not. In the meantime, I'm stuck holding Dillon and Pickens possibly without cause, and they fucking eat like a bunch of recently-liberated Afghanis, let me tell you.

Last edited by Drake : 02-11-2003 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:46 PM   #65
Craptacular
College Starter

Drake, I use the fast reply quite a bit. It's so nice!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:25 AM   #66
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
I admire the people acting as shields. They are willing to sacrifice their lives in an attempt to stop a war that they believe unjust. They hope to decrease bloodshed and killing and are willing to pay the highest price possible. There is no treason and no evil - I think these people are amazing. I oppose this horrible, inevitable war, but am not willing to make the same sacrifice. I respect those that are more brave than I.

Holy Shit!

Its too bad you don't feel this way about the military.

The very same thing could be said for them.

And they are serving YOUR COUNTRY...for YOU...so YOU don't have to.

Amen!!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:23 AM   #67
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Its too bad you don't feel this way about the military.

That's a little presumptuous to say I don't. I do not take "sides" in this conflict - that people will die in Iraq, be they American or Iraqi, is not a good thing. I do, however, probably have a little more respect for those going to Iraq as human shields because they do so with no weapons, little hope of survival, and against a very strong public opinion.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:06 AM   #68
JeeberD
General Manager

Found this link on Cam's station's website. I hadn't heard about them returning, I wonder how accurate this is?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Webb's World: Human Shields?

Tedd Webb - Clear Channel, Tampa

Heard Wed. mornings at 6:40 AM on Newsradio 970 WFLA-Tampa. Also available on www.teddwebb.com, www.viodaily.com, www.glennbeck.com, www.nrewsradio970wfla.com & 441 Clear Channel radio station web pages across America.

What a shocker to hear the ‘Human Shields’ who departed ‘jolly ole England’ to assure the United States would not bomb Iraqi hospitals and schools, did an about face and headed back home. “They lied to us” proclaimed a former American Marine among the group. “We were told we could be shields at hospitals and schools, they took us to power plants and refineries, and locked us down for the night in our hotel rooms, they are liars, they are scary”.

What did you expect, you useful idiot? Now let us see how these protestors view Saddam Hussein and his merry henchmen?

Human shields not willing to die for ‘the cause’ are not human shields at all, these naïve jerks are victims of themselves. The shields discovered it was not a human rights group that funded the trip to Baghdad, it was Saddam himself who bought the tickets. Remember me telling you to investigate who was behind the anti war protest? Surprise, surprise !

I think it is very plain to the even moderately informed American, Saddam Hussein is a manipulator in the first degree. Saddam is using the UN, and in fact may well go down in history as the one person who destroyed the international body. I guess everyone has some good traits.

Saddam Hussein, beware the Ides of March!

That’s how I see it!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:12 AM   #69
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Jeeber,

Yes, the story is correct. The guy organizing the human shields, Christian something or other, came out early last week or late the week before that and said that Iraq wasn't letting them go where they wanted to go (surprise surprise) and that the number of human shields weren't enough to stop the war... so most people had decided to go home.

How brave of them.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:19 AM   #70
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I can't think of anything dumber than offering to be a human shield for Iraq. It reminds me a lot of Don Quixote jousting at windmills. That being said, I am really appauled at those of you who seem thrilled that these people will be killed. Just becauseyou don't agree with someone doesn't mean they should be killed. It really scares me how easily many Americans throw around death wishes.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:24 AM   #71
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by JPhillips
That being said, I am really appauled at those of you who seem thrilled that these people will be killed. Just becauseyou don't agree with someone doesn't mean they should be killed. It really scares me how easily many Americans throw around death wishes.

I think this is a little more than a disagreement.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:29 AM   #72
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
...Iraq wasn't letting them go where they wanted to go... so most people had decided to go home.

How brave of them.

Well, I realize that many people find fault with their decision to be there in the first place. Fine.

But, given that you're there for that purpsose... if it becomes evident that your effort will not bring about the change you sought in the first place (you won't be able to "protect" hospotals and such) - then what should you do at that point? Should you stay and help "protect" a refinery, or a munitions plant?

How is that connected to bravery?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #73
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Fritz: But we should all be happy if/when they are killed?
Old 03-10-2003, 11:41 AM   #74
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by JPhillips
Fritz: But we should all be happy if/when they are killed?

I am not saying what we should all be. Personally, I do not care what happens to them.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:08 PM   #75
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
I am not saying what we should all be. Personally, I do not care what happens to them.

I agree with Fritz and what Quiksand said above. There's no point for them to be there, they won't change a thing. The U.S. will not look at them as brave martyrs, we're going to look at them as idiots.

Quote:
Yes, the story is correct. The guy organizing the human shields, Christian something or other, came out early last week or late the week before that and said that Iraq wasn't letting them go where they wanted to go (surprise surprise) and that the number of human shields weren't enough to stop the war... so most people had decided to go home.

That's hilarious! That mean nasty Saddam Hussein! How dare he not allow them to choose freely in a dictatorship!
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 09:23 PM   #76
Craptacular
College Starter

How shocking!! Whouda thunkit?

Can we send them back involuntarily?