Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
rexallllsc
Banned

FM2005: LLM Question(s)

Well. I'm having a hard time getting into my 4th season at Liverpool.

In my first season, I got to the Semis of the Champs League before being bounced by Milan. I finished 5th in the EPL, and so I was in the EURO (UEFA) Cup the next year, which I lost in the final to a weak Palermo (I think) squad. However, I finished 4th in the EPL.

This year, playing with next the exact same squad (same squad for the last two years, almost), except with the additions of Ledley King, Wesley Sneijder (who ended up getting a lot of time stolen by Richie Partridge, despite Wes' beautiful goals), and Nigel DeJong, the team is largely unchanged (oh yeah, Kirkland FINALLY won the keeper spot). I won the Quad, and it wasn't even a challenge, except for my Champs League Quarter matches v. Milan where I went down 0-2 in the first league, and had to beat them at home to win the sucker, 5-2 (5-4).

So, I guess it would be a challenge to try and do it again, or to maintain dominance, but I feel like it's too easy.

I want to take over a Lower Level team; what are some teams that you guys have had FUN with. I don't want to take over a team that is teetering on bankrupty, mind you.

Input!

Last edited by rexallllsc : 01-28-2005 at 07:27 PM.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've had a lot of fun with Harrogate (although their finances weren't too good when I took over.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't tried FM yet. Still playing CM03/04, but I am having a blast with Dag and Red(. Gone from the conference to First Division in six seasons. In my current season I've yet to lose or even draw in league play 14-0-0 so far. I've done similar before, and tanked completely in the second half , so I'm still interested in the results.

Oh and plus...their name is "The Daggers" which is much better than some of the pansy names for some clubs.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

You have different storks for different people. I just like a challenge. To, me its fun to take some small club in some unimportant country and do that. I also like talking a English Conference North/South team. It just depends.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:12 PM   #5
path12
Coordinator

Here's a link to a random team chooser for lower leagues:

http://www.mitchellsclose.co.uk/LLM/...Generator.html

Using this, I just had a blast with Aalen of the German Regional South division...
Old 01-28-2005, 08:29 PM   #6
PilotMan
Head Coach

Playing CM4 I have taken Burton Albion to the Premiership. I have played as Kettering before but is wasn't as much fun (read, I didn't do as well.)

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #7
Ramzavail
College Starter

Rushden and Diamonds is a great one to start with. Good finances.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
CAsterling
High School JV

I suggest someone like Exeter who don't have good crowds.....
Or you can try the challenge from the other perspective, try one of the really big clubs outside of England, e.g. Real Madrid, Inter, Juventus etc. The challenge is to survive for more than a couple of seasons as their chairmen tend to sack you if you fail to maintain a top 3 place constantly.