Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
Easy Mac

My rant on FedEx

So far, I believe I've ranted on at least Best Buy and Blockbuster (as well as various video game companies) to name a few. Now its time to move on to the shippers.

I ordered a(n) USB hub for my girlfriend from newegg on the 7th. It shipped the 7th from NJ and got here the 10th at 7 am. However, my package was deemed "Not due for delivery", which means that they have it, they could deliver it, but they won't. I call and ask if I can pick it up, and they say no, that they have to deliver it first and fail. I tell them I won't be home and my roommate probably won't either, so why waste your driver's time. I am told that since I didn't pay for faster shipping (I got FedEx super saver shipping), that even though they have it in town, they can't send it out.

I also ordered 50 dvd-r's the next day from newegg (I was going to get the from Circuit City on the 7th, but they were all out, so I ordered them the next day). It was shipped the 10th from the same place in New Jersey. It arrived in Chucktown this morning.

Now, I look, and both items were delivered at 11:12 am today (I'm assuming signed for by my roommate who has magically appeared from nowhere, although the signature things never do the correct name). Why is it that one package could not be delivered when it came in, but the other could? I got the same shipping on both, they arrived in town on different days, but I got them the same days. Shouldn't they have held the package to be consistent? Why not deliver a package a day early? I fail to see how it would cost more to deliver the package early as opposed to waiting a day (and assuming they didn't know another package was coming). Would it kill them to have good customer service?

Its just an annoyance.

oh, and the CD I ordered from Best buy on 12/28 finally got to Greensboro, NC on 1/10... by way of California from Illinois... so it should be here by the end of the week... its only bee 14 days now. I may loathe FedEx, but USPS sucks.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 01-11-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
Franklinnoble
Banned

What can brown do for you?
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I've had my issues in the past. Including multiple flat-out lies.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...ad.php?t=29253
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
Franklinnoble
Banned

Old 01-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
What can brown do for you?

Well, what they did for me was fuck up my billing beyond all hope of recognition.

I spent some 80 hours, real time, on the phone with them in the course of a single year, trying to clear up screwed up billing in our company's first year. In every incident, and I mean every single problem, the error was on their end not mine.

It was also my last year as a client of UPS, the great shining example of the "Peter Principle" at work.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Well, what they did for me was fuck up my billing beyond all hope of recognition.

I spent some 80 hours, real time, on the phone with them in the course of a single year, trying to clear up screwed up billing in our company's first year. In every incident, and I mean every single problem, the error was on their end not mine.

It was also my last year as a client of UPS, the great shining example of the "Peter Principle" at work.
Yeah, but I wasn't working for them yet. Now that I am, it's smooth sailing for Brown
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #7
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
Yeah, but I wasn't working for them yet. Now that I am, it's smooth sailing for Brown

Do you have a .jpeg or something of that "What can brown do for you?" slogan?

I could use it...
Old 01-11-2005, 11:18 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
So far, I believe I've ranted on at least Best Buy and Blockbuster (as well as various video game companies) to name a few. Now its time to move on to the shippers.

I ordered a(n) USB hub for my girlfriend from newegg on the 7th. It shipped the 7th from NJ and got here the 10th at 7 am. However, my package was deemed "Not due for delivery", which means that they have it, they could deliver it, but they won't. I call and ask if I can pick it up, and they say no, that they have to deliver it first and fail. I tell them I won't be home and my roommate probably won't either, so why waste your driver's time. I am told that since I didn't pay for faster shipping (I got FedEx super saver shipping), that even though they have it in town, they can't send it out.

I also ordered 50 dvd-r's the next day from newegg (I was going to get the from Circuit City on the 7th, but they were all out, so I ordered them the next day). It was shipped the 10th from the same place in New Jersey. It arrived in Chucktown this morning.

Now, I look, and both items were delivered at 11:12 am today (I'm assuming signed for by my roommate who has magically appeared from nowhere, although the signature things never do the correct name). Why is it that one package could not be delivered when it came in, but the other could? I got the same shipping on both, they arrived in town on different days, but I got them the same days. Shouldn't they have held the package to be consistent? Why not deliver a package a day early? I fail to see how it would cost more to deliver the package early as opposed to waiting a day (and assuming they didn't know another package was coming). Would it kill them to have good customer service?

Its just an annoyance.

oh, and the CD I ordered from Best buy on 12/28 finally got to Greensboro, NC on 1/10... by way of California from Illinois... so it should be here by the end of the week... its only bee 14 days now. I may loathe FedEx, but USPS sucks.

YOU'RE DOOMED!

(sorry, it needed to be said)

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote