Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Simulated Sports-Ames Dragons-The uprising

First I would like to thank Hoopsguy for igniting my passion for my league 15 team back up and I have decided to keep them and im am going to give a run at a dynasty and see where this goes and see how much interest I pick up. I will follow closely my players and Will also name 3 players a year at FOFC request. This dynasty will be centered on me winning the conference, which is comprised of 8 teams. That would give me an automatic bid into the equicelent of the NCAA 64.

nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #2
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Ames Dragons

Starting PG Ned Falco 6-2 JR
Ned has the potential to be a great point guard. He has the team record on assists in a game at 10, yet he only put up 3.6 a game last year. He turned it over 1.7 times a game. He is not a scorer averaging less than 2 a game.His quick hands also steal the ball with 1.2 steals a game he is the second best on our team at defense. Needs to stepup in big games if we are going to win the conference this year.

Starting SG Bobby Checinsky6-5 SO
This guy is a better than average player at every thing except shooting.(Which we lack at the moment.) He is not a guy I know very well because he was recruited in a year where I did not participate due to school, He played SF last year and averaged a respectable 4.8 boards and 2.1 assists, but he took 108 shots and made 35. He will not shoot this year, his job will be to get the ball to our one shooter.

Starting SF CARSON FARLEY 6-8 SR
This would happen to be our great shooter. This is our star player. He was recuited out of our conference from Lexington. Selected to All league first team last year averaging 24.4 PPG 2 blocks and a steal a game. He can do it all. He leads our team in careers 20 point games at 44 out of 72 he has played. He has over 1500 points in his career. He will be our showman this season and will be hard to replace. Played SF, PF, C during his tenure here.

Starting PF Kenny Pickett 6-5 SR
A little undersized but his athletisicm makes up for his height. Averaging 5 boards a game and 2.5 assists. He will graduate this year and will be easy to find a role player like him.

Starting C Fran Seymour6-8 FR
He looks like he could average 7 boards a game for us but I am also looking for at least a block a game. We need a formidable presence down low. Looks to be the best freshman we have. Might make all conference in his senior year but isnt looking to be a superstar.

Last edited by nfg22 : 01-01-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Ames Backups

backup PG Byron Sarver 6-2 SR
He joined the team with Kenny and Carson yet he hasnt started yet. He averages just over an assist a game. Really he just comes in to get our PG rest and isnt expected to do much but keep the game within reach or hold the lead.

Backup SG Petie Talbot 6-3 FR
Got 12.6 PPG and 1 and a half steals a game in highschool will look to be a good defender and a spark for our offense off the bench.

Backup SF Dylan Airhart 6-4 JR
He must fill big shoes now because he is backing up our start player. He will probibly have the worst +/- rating on the team because of that fact. We will look to him to play solid D and dish the ball around.

Backup PF Kendrick Dorsey 6-4 FR
This guy os a pretty good shooter and is smart and athletic. The worst defender out of our active players but can still hang in there with most people. We will look to him to grab a few boards a game and score around 6 a game.

Backup C Jack Wise 6-6 SO
He will be our second best shooter and will look to get over 7 points a game. He also will look to try and average a block and a steal a game from the bench. This will be hard but he can do it if he plays well.

Last edited by nfg22 : 01-02-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #4
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Annapolis Saints Game One
http://simulatedsports.net/bask/runtime/whoibbjv.asp?lg=00015&idno=40
(Sorry bout the link I couldnt get it to link under hyper link)

Annapolis sports a small team that runs the floor and forces turnovers. While we have a small team also that runs the same way we do not have the kind of offense they do, they can put up points well. They were only 9-15 last year but they got a good recuiting class in, including past television start Scott Baio. We have a better defense then them and will look to keep the game fast tempo even with our bigger team, and try to make the turn it over and feed Carson the ball. Look for Falco to get over 2 steals and Carson and Fran to combine for 4 blocks.

Prediction
Dragons win 65-54
PoG- Carson- 32 points 2 steals 2 blocks and 4 boards.

Last edited by nfg22 : 01-02-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Ok sorry but Ijust got my computer back I will be updating this now to the 4th game of the season.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #6
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Update till game 4

Week 1 71-82 Loss to Annapolis
Farley failed to 20 points in this game, but Seymour garnered 9 rebounds. Despite a 9 assist 0 turnover effort by Falco we could not win this one. Farley needs to put up more points if we are to make a run at the NTT.

Week 2 56-50 Win over Yuma
The deciding factor in this game was the 21/29 free throw shooting we did. Farley again only had 14 points but we still won. Falco dropped to only 2 assists and threw 2 turnovers. Farley had 3 steals and 1 block while Seymour had 2 blocks and 8 boards.

Week 3 59-61 loss to Soiux City
Carson Farley startedout with 16 of Ames first 21 points in the first 8 minutes. He finished with 18 at the half. Score at the half was 38-31, Ames was up. It came down to a last play where Seymour missed a shot with 2 seconds left and Farley pick up but bythetime He dunked it down the game was over. Tough loss. Farley gets 22 points and 6 boards 2 blocks and a steal. Falco played horrible againw ith only 2 assists and 1 TO. Seymour had 7 Boards, 5 assists, and 15 points.

Week 4 71-61 Win over Chattanooga Affliction
Carson dropped 28 in this win. Seymour scored only 6 and got 6 boards in a below average game but his backup Jack Wise had 15 points and 3 boards in just 10 minutes.

Team Stats can be found athttp://www.smartacre.com/bask/runtim...00015&idno=146

Last edited by nfg22 : 01-11-2005 at 02:43 PM.