Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Resident Evil 4

Frankly, I thought the buzz surrounding the series stopped after #2 and Nintendo had made a bit of a mistake (likely) paying through the nose to Capcom for exclusivity but the reviews this is getting are positively glowing (and Viewtiful Joe, another awesome game came out of the same deal). Both IGN and Gamespot don't even hesitate to call it the best horror action game of all time. I don't have any cash right now but I'm curious if any of the, about 4 other people on the board who have a Gamecube have it or are considering getting it.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #2
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Gettin it tomorrow. Granted, I've loved every RE except Zero, so I'm probably not the best source to go to if you're on the fence. I've played the demo, though, and it is every bit as amazing as the reviews are saying. If you were never a RE fan, give it a rental at least, because it's not like the RE you know and probably hate.
jetpunk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #3
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I remember playing the first game years ago, not even knowing what it was. It hooked me, and I was a big fan of the second game as well. The third was OK, but then the Nintendo deal came along and I lost track of the series. I'm surprised to hear that they're only up to #4, since I could have sworn I've seen new versions coming out every few months over the years.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
I remember playing the first game years ago, not even knowing what it was. It hooked me, and I was a big fan of the second game as well. The third was OK, but then the Nintendo deal came along and I lost track of the series. I'm surprised to hear that they're only up to #4, since I could have sworn I've seen new versions coming out every few months over the years.

Technically, this is the sixth game in the main series. You had RE 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, and Zero.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpunk2000
Technically, this is the sixth game in the main series. You had RE 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, and Zero.

Code Veronica was sweet. Too bad this is only on Nintendo.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:42 AM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, it's crazy talk that those of us with a Gamecube would actually get good games...

SI

Old 01-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #7
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Yeah, it's crazy talk that those of us with a Gamecube would actually get good games...

SI

Yea, I'm very disappointed with the GC lineup. I can count on my two hands the number of GC exclusive games that I have enjoyed. The 2 Metroid games, RE Remake, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe(though it's no longer an exclusive), Pikmin, Animal Crossing. I can't think of any other GC exclusive games that I've bought. The sports lineups have been terrible. They always seem to have less features than the other consoles, and the controller is not sport game friendly imho.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
Code Veronica was sweet. Too bad this is only on Nintendo.
That's right, I remember that one now. I think I own it, actually (did it come out for PS2?). Very good game.

How was #0? Any good?

What about the shooter versions? And wasn't there a multi-player version or two?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #9
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
That's right, I remember that one now. I think I own it, actually (did it come out for PS2?). Very good game.

How was #0? Any good?

What about the shooter versions? And wasn't there a multi-player version or two?

Zero wasn't bad. If you liked the others, you'll probably like Zero, but for some reason I couldn't get into the story, probably because it didn't advance it much. I still haven't finished the game, but if you have the time to kill, it's worth a look.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpunk2000
Yea, I'm very disappointed with the GC lineup. I can count on my two hands the number of GC exclusive games that I have enjoyed. The 2 Metroid games, RE Remake, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe(though it's no longer an exclusive), Pikmin, Animal Crossing. I can't think of any other GC exclusive games that I've bought. The sports lineups have been terrible. They always seem to have less features than the other consoles, and the controller is not sport game friendly imho.
This reminds me of football fans and their 3:30 length games saying baseball takes too long. Unless you're a big sports game fan, then this argument doesn't hold much water. I'm pretty sure that anyone trying to name more than two hands worth of quality XBox exclusives would have their hands full and/or be reaching on quite a few games. PS2 has a few more but it's in the same boat, too. Because of three systems, there's a huge dilution of exclusive games- you have to buy 2 or all 3 systems to get the best games for the generation.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-10-2005 at 12:01 PM.