Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
maxwarrior
Mascot

Another FBPRO98 Talk

The league I'm in has just entered the offseason. We have a new Commish and a renewed commitment to field a great league. The PNFL is the original VPNFL league. We are a league for all types of owners. If you don't like building plays, we have a large library of custom plays built to use. You can be very competitive with these plays. We use a salary cap and are pretty active. The message board gets a lot of traffic. This is a great time to get back into the FBPRO world. It is still the best all around computer football game out there. The VPNFL stats have made the game great. If you remember the excitement, you can still have it. Come on over and take a look. There is no better time to get a team than the offseason before the draft.

www.pnfl.com

maxwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
maxwarrior
Mascot

Let me explain the VPNFL rules. A bunch of FBPRO98 players got together and tested the players stats against various situations. They discovered how to set them up to mimic as close as possible the stats of real players. They wrote the rules give each position its' own set of min and max attribute ratings. This created a game where the stats were much more realistic. The bane of FBPRO98 owners was the 99 99 speed and accelleration rated DLman. Now you get realistic results without these individual players who singlehandedly win games. The PNFL is as close to managing a NFL team as you will get. For anyone who doesn't like spending time on building plays, you can be very competitive anyway. The league is open play and has a very large database of excellent plays. FBPRO98 is still the best football sim out there.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:54 PM   #3
Joe
Pro Starter

you should advertise on FBPRO98 Central
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:29 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FBPRO98 is still the best football sim out there.

Actually FBPRO '97 was my favorite version (heck a top 5 of my all-time sports sims), but even FPPRO '98 is outdated and FOF MP is quite fun and addicting... and for solo play FBPRO doesn't come close to the likes of FOF 5.1 anymore.

It would be neat to have the FBPRO 2d graphics display and FOF game engine.

Todd

Last edited by MizzouRah : 11-28-2004 at 07:45 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
maxwarrior
Mascot

George W. Don't you need to fix Social Security or something. Stay outta my post. Besides, you've done your share of OT posts.

Last edited by maxwarrior : 11-29-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:38 PM   #6
maxwarrior
Mascot

This great football league just finished our draft yesterday. There's still plenty of time for you old time FBPRO players to get back in. This is the most realistic league going, using what is still the best footabll PC game on the market.

www.pnfl.com
Old 01-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #7
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Actually FBPRO '97 was my favorite version (heck a top 5 of my all-time sports sims), but even FPPRO '98 is outdated and FOF MP is quite fun and addicting... and for solo play FBPRO doesn't come close to the likes of FOF 5.1 anymore.

It would be neat to have the FBPRO 2d graphics display and FOF game engine.

Todd

my favorite fb pro version was 98..that was the best version they ever made...

but your right FOF 5.1 is the best
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote