Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-31-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

A very interesting article regarding music/movie piracy

How a "Shadow Internet" gets the latest releases out to everyone.

yeah, I bet you guys were expecting Foz's latest P2P is not evil rant, or me and Jon to go round and round for round 211 on this subject.. but this honestly made me think.

I know it's sensationalized.. Wired is not exactly the New York Times when it comes to accuracy in their stories (hell, the New York Times ain't the New York Times when it comes to accuracy any more), but damn if this doesn't make you think.

Fans of P2P would tell you that it's a ground-swell revolution that provides all the information you see on the networks, on bittorrent, and offered via IRC and FTP. But according to this article, there's a small portion of the net, hidden away from prying eyes, that is responsible for the vast majority of the new stuff out there.

This sounds like the old "Hackers groups" in the early-mid 90's on line.. but still..

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
Recoil
High School Varsity

Real interesting article. I'm not really into DLing movies although I do have a few on my comp. I still get most of my music through IRC and Soulseek.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote