Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Answers from solecismic.

Q: I noticed that teams dont draft for the needs that are listed for it. Many times team draft out of the needs of the team, so the first round pick is benched, many times for a lesser quality vet, and then the roster is stocked with 1st year FA's that start at the
need positions that were listed.1 team listed LB as the #1 need, there was a LB with a 8.9 rating available, and that team drafted a LT with a 7.5 rating. It then benched that player because 2 years earlier it drafted a LT.Are there plans to address this?It seems OTs and DEs take priority. QBs too. Many teams reach for these positions while letting others drop.

A: There's a heavy bias for LTs, QBs and DLs in the first round, just as there is in the NFL. Teams are content to let players sit their first year if they feel they'll develop a premium talent at these positions. Now, that's not to say the AI is perfect, and I'll pass along your note for consideration when working on future versions.

Hopefully this will be fixed. I understand the talent developing line of thinking, but the situation I described in my question is unacceptable. Teams need to be realistic when addressing their needs. Thats the basis for the game.

Noble_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 07:18 PM   #2
The_herd
College Starter

I agree, top 10 picks are drafted to start, with the exception of QBs, who are now also expected to start very soon. Teams with top 10 picks are looking to improve now, not after this season, they want a guy who will start.

Last edited by The_herd : 03-02-2003 at 07:19 PM.
The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 10:47 PM   #3
kid_dynamite
Mascot

this really makes it hard when trying to trade up and get a specific player.