Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2003, 04:53 PM   #1
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Red face SHE is reunited with Parcells.. .. - Terry Glenn to Cowboys!

does anyone else find this almost unbeleivable?

Quote:
Cowboys | Glenn Acquired - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:51 PT: The Dallas Cowboys announced they have acquired WR Terry Glenn in a trade with the Green Bay Packers for an undisclosed future draft choice.

cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:55 PM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

Good lord, no. I know that after releasing Rocket we need another reciever, but not a lazy, undependable, unmotivated one.

Gah.....

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:57 PM   #3
primelord
Pro Rookie

Wow are you certain you didn't read that on The Onion? That makes almost no sense.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

It certainly should add a lot of comedy to Dallas. Green Bay has been pretty active, they traded for a CB from Philly (name escapes me at the moment).
Old 02-28-2003, 05:03 PM   #5
primelord
Pro Rookie

Yea they Traded for Al Harris. I think that was a good trade for him. I have always thought Harris was a very solid player.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

Yup, it's official. Here's the article from DallasCowboys.com.

Dammitt...

Old 02-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #7
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Is anyone else surprised at the flurry of activity today? Today seems to be a lot busier than the average opening day of free agency...
Old 02-28-2003, 05:38 PM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

Reunited, and it feels so good. Parcells must want to humiliate Glenn some more. Good for him!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:05 PM   #9
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
Yea they Traded for Al Harris. I think that was a good trade for him. I have always thought Harris was a very solid player.

AL "P.I" Harris...good lord...yeah, he's okay, but overaggressive...as an Eagles fan, I always shuddered whenever the ball was thrown near Al.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 09:04 PM   #10
RawIsDan
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Reunited, and it feels so good. Parcells must want to humiliate Glenn some more. Good for him!

Actually, Glenn's problems began AFTER Parcells left New England. His agent called Dallas first so if they had problems I highly doubt he would go there.
RawIsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 09:13 PM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Is Dave Meggett a Cowboy yet?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 11:01 PM   #12
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Interesting.

I remember a piece on ESPN around the time Glenn went to Green Bay that said the Green Bay GM called Parcells to ask him his opinion of Glenn. Apparently Parcells recommended Glenn strongly. The story made it sound like Parcells had reversed his opinion of Glenn over the course of Parcell's time in New England.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 11:48 PM   #13
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

for a 6th round pick. not bad. hopefully bill can keep some of these egos in check
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 08:43 AM   #14
BigDPW
College Prospect

I agree that Glenn is an idiot and a very risky pickup for any team but I think getting him for a 6th round pick was a steal. IF he can stay healthy and produce the way he did for Parcells in NE then he can add alot to their receiver corps. The risk of taking a guy in the 6th round is equal to or exceeds the risk of bringing Glenn in to the Cowboys.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 12:22 PM   #15
JeeberD
General Manager

Yeah, I feel better with it now that I know it's a sixth round pick. I was worried that it was going to be a second or third round pick...

Old 03-02-2003, 04:18 AM   #16
WebEwbank
High School JV

Remember that Glenn set a rookie record for catches under Parcells in New England despite the acrimony.

Recognize that Glenn is a truly great talent.

That said, he's done nothing but go downhill emotionally for several years.
WebEwbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 01:25 PM   #17
JerseyShore
In The Penalty Box

I still think Glenn can be a solid player in the NFL. You may think I'm crazy but I feel like Glenn will play well for Dallas.
JerseyShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 01:30 PM   #18
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

HOLY CRAP!!! Sometimes i hate being a truck driver!! Things that would be huge to me dont make the news at the right in the right place and i miss the story, good thing u guys talk about it all here, this ends up being a big source or atleast staring point of news for me. This must have happened when i was freezing my ass of in north Texas when a friendly trucker decided to slide backwards down a rather steep little hill and take our (have co-driver) truck out, cause us to jack-knife and block US77, in which we then had the pleasure of sitting with no heat for 19 hrs until a little ice melting and sand trucks finally came so wreckers could come in and get us....note: Hill County blows!!! but the neighbors were some great, helpful people, even fed us....got so cold i even ate some chicken ( i'm vegan) because it was HOT.

Anyways, i'm a huge Pack fan and the only story i caught was the resigning of Hunt, i'm off to find more news on this!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 01:31 PM   #19
JeeberD
General Manager

Well, he still needs a QB who can get the ball to him. Latest rumor I've been hearing here is that the 'Boys are going to go after Rodney Peete to back up Hutchinson. I'm not quite sure what to think. I do think that Hutchinson deserves to be given a shot at starting, but I don't think that he needs to be handed the starting spot. And while Peete played decently last year, I don't know how much he has left in the tank.

But then again, I really don't want Plummer or Griese here either...

Old 03-02-2003, 02:43 PM   #20
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Excuse me.....a truck-driving vegan?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:40 PM   #21
Craptacular
College Starter

Excuse me ..... a vegan Packers fan?
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:45 PM   #22
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Excuse me ..... a truck-driving, chicken eating vegan who is a Packers fan and does not have an AM radio?
Old 03-02-2003, 08:51 PM   #23
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg
Excuse me.....a truck-driving vegan?

You mean you can't buy any beef jerky at rest stops?

Regarding the Glenn signing, I'm a Cowboys fan and I agree with the above statement that the Cowboys still need someone who can throw the ball to him. Better yet, the Cowboys need an offensive line that can protect their quarterback for at least a second or two.

IF Glenn can play with a level head again under Parcells, the Cowboys have three receivers that would make the Rams proud. Galloway is back, he posted career highs last season, but you'd never know how good he is because he has a new rookie quarterback throwing to him every year. Antonio Bryant is an unheralded rookie that would have been a first round pick if not for his off the field and personality problems. For those that didn't watch any Cowboys games, or maybe caught one in which Bryant didn't shine, he's the real deal. He'll be All-Pro if he can keep his attitude and temper tantrums in check. He was the top receiver in college football before his last year when he had injuries and personality conflicts. I believe he led all rookie wide receivers in yards receiving last year. Parcells has a big task in front of him. He already has Galloway and if he can make sure Bryant and Glenn stay focused and of course solve the big problem which is getting an effective quarterback and decent offensive line, the Cowboys will be a huge threat in the passing game. Who needs a tight end?

If the Cowboys don't draft a running back in the early rounds or hire a decent free agent, Troy Hambrick can't do any worse than Emmitt did in his mid-30's. Emmitt was the man and it's not fair that he had such a crummy offensive line late in his career but he's only slightly above average now as a talented running back.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:53 PM   #24
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

This sucks, the Rocket's local radio show every week was greatness. This was a nice move by the Cowboys only giving up a 6th round pick and they were able to restructure his contract.

Galloway has only run two patterns since he has been here. A complete waste of money, I said that when they traded for him, although last year he did make a couple of plays. Rocket was a more valuable receiver than Galloway has ever been, its a shame he got hurt.

What Bill's infactuation with Flozell Adams is beyond me except for the fact he doesn't miss games. Hopefully Larry Allen will be ok and then they only need 1 or 2 more starting linemen, I like Gurode and Walter, they have got some potential.

When Hutch had time which was maybe 3 times a game, he throws a nice ball, I dont think you can give him any kind of grade for this season except he can take a dozen or so hits a game.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:00 PM   #25
AgPete
College Prospect

I agree with you to an extent HornedFrog. Rocket was lucky enough to have Troy throwing to him when the offense was falling apart. Can you blame Galloway when he has Quincy Carter (a glorified late round pick), Clint Stoerner (only has a job because of his Arkansas connection), Ryan Leaf (need I say more?) and Chad Hutchinson (someone who hasn't played football in years) throwing to him? The only chance he had to shine was in Troy's injury plagued last year and Galloway was taken out before the season even launched.

I'm a little worried about Flozell's contract too. That was a desperation signing because as pitiful as the Cowboys offensive line was last year, they would have been even worse without the stability of Flozell at left tackle. I hope Parcells lights a fire under him that he hasn't had in quite a while.

BTW - I still believe if Irvin hadn't gone down with that injury, both Chan Gailey and Troy Aikman would still be on the Cowboys. Rocket and Irvin were a good duo and the Cowboys started depending on the passing game instead of a diminished Emmitt. If Irvin hadn't gone down and Aikman stayed healthy, Troy would have passed for close to 4,000 yards that season.

Last edited by AgPete : 03-02-2003 at 10:07 PM.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote