Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2001, 05:37 PM   #1
KODIAK-BEAR
n00b

Question RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Is there any ways to giving a qualifying offer to your restricted free agents, without giving out a ton of money? If anyone knows how this can be done please let me know. Also do any of you know when the fof2001 oline version will be going online, I look forward to playing with you guys, take care and God Bless always Cliff.

------------------
GOD SAVES

KODIAK-BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 05:57 PM   #2
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Is there any ways to giving a qualifying offer to your restricted free agents, without giving out a ton of money? If anyone knows how this can be done please let me know.
Sadly, no. One of the only problems I have with the game is that back-ups request way too much money for the quality of player that they are, which makes cap management a real difficulty. One thing that most people eliminate is a minsal bug which allows you to sign rookie free agents for the league minimum for seven years. While this isn't always "unethical" most of us eliminate it under various house rules. My recommendation is to be very frugal when resigning marginal restricted free agents. try to tie them up the previous year or try to sign them just before camp when you know how much space you have left. Or, for the more unscrupulous (sp.) types, you can try to resign them after camp.
Also do any of you know when the fof2001 oline version will be going online, I look forward to playing with you guys, take care and God Bless always Cliff.
As of now, it is vaporware. I don't have any information beyond what is on this forum, simply because ea is not talking. However, it may be integrated into future versions (if we get future versions).

Cheers

------------------
Sometimes at night the ice weasles come . . . over for a cup of coffee and to chat about their day.
Old 01-19-2001, 06:21 PM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

Look forward to playing with you too, Chief.

------------------
BUDDHA INVESTS
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 06:29 PM   #4
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Subby,

just trying to give the esteemed gentleman from AK feedback (my lord, look at his user name--He might eat me if I didn't, or at least to the route of the majestic Black Bear of Maine and park his bum firmly in the driveway for hours at a time). . . I really would be surprised If I came in higher than 20th.

------------------
Sometimes at night the ice weasles come . . . over for a cup of coffee and to chat about their day.
Old 01-19-2001, 06:39 PM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

Oh - my post was just an excuse to try out my boss new sig line

------------------
BUDDHA INVESTS

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 06:41 PM   #6
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

I was laughing at that. Is that how they advertise those buddas that you rub their belly for money?

On a side note, I am pretty proud of my adaptation of that famous J_T quote

------------------
Old 01-20-2001, 02:22 AM   #7
TheRoyalOne

hehe ice weasles...
Old 01-22-2001, 09:58 AM   #8
QuikSand
lolzcat

K-B (he of the intermittent shouting and blessing),

When you have young players become free agents, they will not receive any bids from other teams, and will stay on your roster until you head into training camp-- after which any of them who have not been signed will be released into the open free agency wilderness.

If you're looking to re-sign such payers fairly cheaply, your best bet is to wait until as late as possible-- either the very last stage of the 20-stage FA process, or else the period right after your draft-- to sign them. Their demands will have dropped by around 1/3 from their initial absurd requests.

In general, it will still only be prudent to hold on to genuine "star caliber" players, even at this "recued" price tag. However, you will find scertain positions (S, FB, OL in particular) where decent, usable players are sometimes reasonable, and will accept deals for not much more than veteran minimum.

Alas, it's one of the bigger functional downsides of this game... no easy way around it.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote