Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2001, 08:33 AM   #1
And
n00b

Question I'd need your help...

Hi Folks,
I've a new player for FOF and I have some doubts about gameplay. Let me add that I'm from Italy, a country where Football is not a popular sport... I can watch it on TV (Sunday & Monday Night Football) but I've never played it. Some of my questions could look stupid... I apologize
Anyeway:

1) I've found a nice offensive gameplan on this site but I'd like to find at least another one offensive gameplan.

2) I have no idea about Defensive gameplan... can you help? Or I can just stick with the default one?

3) Does 2&short is 2& 1-3 yards to go?
Does 2&long is 2& 8+ yards to go?
Does 3&short is 3& 1-3 yards to go?
4) What are Motivation and Discipline for coaches?

5) Does my scout judge a young CB with the Young Talent skill or with the Secondary skill? What does exactly mean Young?

Well... no more questions for the moment Tnx in advance!!!

And

And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:51 AM   #2
Subby
lolzcat

1) I've found a nice offensive gameplan on this site but I'd like to find at least another one offensive gameplan.

I would assume that you are referring to Morgado's West Coast Offense, which is the quintessential balanced offense. I would stick with this, if I were you. It all depends on your personnel, though. If you have a QB that is great at long passes and you have several good WR, you might want to run the Shotgun more often, while allotting more time to 3 and 4 WR sets and jacking up the % for medium to long-range passes. If you have a great RB and mediocre QB, concentrate on screens and short passes while jacking up your run %.

2) I have no idea about Defensive gameplan... can you help? Or I can just stick with the default one?

Its all what you are comfortable with. I prefer the 3-4 defense because linebackers seem to be more plentiful and less expensive than d-line positions. The 3-4 also seems to work better against short passing games and offenses that run the ball to the outside repeatedly. You may want to increase your blitz and nickel percentages, too - this way you are forcing the QB into bad decisions and there is a better chance that you are going to knock him out of the game.

3) Does 2&short is 2& 1-3 yards to go?
Does 2&long is 2& 8+ yards to go?
Does 3&short is 3& 1-3 yards to go?

Yes - these should be detailed under your defensive gameplan screen.

4) What are Motivation and Discipline for coaches?

Motivation is an intangible which supposedly inceases your team's chances of coming from behind to win a a game. Discipline affects the probability that your team will get penalized in an offensive or defensive situation.

5) Does my scout judge a young CB with the Young Talent skill or with the Secondary skill? What does exactly mean Young?

Both. Secondary includes the assessment of any player that plays in the Seocndary (CB and S). Young talent relates to the assessment of draft-eligible players , primarily, as well as other young players who have not reached their potential and are in their first couple of years int he league.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 02:55 AM   #3
And
n00b

Tnx for your answer, it helps mr a lot!

And
And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 04:52 PM   #4
ICE55
n00b

Where can you find the WCO on the board? I missed that.

------------------
ICE55
Old 01-12-2001, 08:15 PM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

Morgado, et al. can go into this much more deeply than I, but the basis of the WCO is to concentrate on short, high percentage passes. In FOF, this is achieved by setting your pass length preferences to something like 5-45-40-5-5 (or a variation thereof). In addition, it is important to get your FB and TE in the mix because they can excel at running short routes. To do this, you should put major emphasis on the 2WR formation - this is a neutral formation - hard to defend against. In addition, you want to stay away from obvious passing or runnning formations and tendencies (shotgun, 0, 4 and 5 WR sets).

Again, I don't have real deep knowledge of the game. In fact - everything I know about football I seem to have learned from FOF. But, I think these are basic enough to get you started...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote